Author Topic: Top 5 albums of 2010  (Read 1003 times)

Blood$

Re: Top 5 albums of 2010
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »
Cham, you seem to be in continued denial that beat selection & guest features must be credited to the MC when ranking an album.  It was a choice made, as far as any of us knows, by the person who is named on the album.  Until there's major statements released Ross has to be credited with choosing his beats and having guest features.

You're given the beats & select them. Beats like Aston Martin Music's & Maybach Music III's are such no-brainers, any rapper would say, "yes, I will be using that one".

Then you tell Drake you want him to do a hook & he comes with an amazing one; then tell him to write a verse & it outshines both of yours by a thousand times over & then you're going to say, "Wow, Rick, you made a great song. Your verses kind of suit the song, but are fairly weak & you got outshined pretty badly. Also, the beat you picked was amazing, although it was handed to you"? I cannot do that.

I'd say he's the like poor man's Game. Game being pretty bad lyrically, still significantly better than Ross; but for the most part, carried by beats.

You all misunderstood what I meant too. You can say Ross had a better album than Em, but don't tell me Ross's album is in the Top 5. Don't insult Hip Hop like that lmao.

Isn't Recovery in your top 5?

It was, then I played it over & over, then came to the conclusion it was pretty poor & was Eminem's worst album. With that being said, I'd still put it far above Ross's album.

Most of the comments I made when the album first came out, were rushed & me being in denial as a pretty large fan of his. But the same flow, the screaming, overall, it was just below average. It had a few keepers.

aston martin music is the whackest song on telfon don. its so out of place. you have a ridiculous bias and just cant admit that rick ross made a great album. i was a huge ross hater but i will at least admit when im wrong. the first half of deeper than rap was great and telfon don was actually one of the best rap albums of the year.

damn you didn't like "Aston Martin Music" ?  :o

I respect the opinion but do you feel that "All The Money In The World" was better? easily the worst track on that album for me

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
i cant take any list seriously with rick ross in it...

and you guys can hate all you want, but kanye deserves to be in the top 5.

Bingo.

& Radiotube, success means absolutely nothing. You're a complete moron if you think there was bigger singles than "Not Afraid" & "Love The Way You Lie"; don't prove that you're THAT much of an idiot to debate that.

yeah but those songs are pussified tracks for chicks to bump, are you saying dudes seriously bump that shit in the car and are proud of it?

Not at all, but it doesn't matter.

Success is success; both of those singles are arguably the most successful (sales wise, not talent-wise) singles in the last decade.
Cham, you seem to be in continued denial that beat selection & guest features must be credited to the MC when ranking an album.  It was a choice made, as far as any of us knows, by the person who is named on the album.  Until there's major statements released Ross has to be credited with choosing his beats and having guest features.

You're given the beats & select them. Beats like Aston Martin Music's & Maybach Music III's are such no-brainers, any rapper would say, "yes, I will be using that one".

Then you tell Drake you want him to do a hook & he comes with an amazing one; then tell him to write a verse & it outshines both of yours by a thousand times over & then you're going to say, "Wow, Rick, you made a great song. Your verses kind of suit the song, but are fairly weak & you got outshined pretty badly. Also, the beat you picked was amazing, although it was handed to you"? I cannot do that.

I'd say he's the like poor man's Game. Game being pretty bad lyrically, still significantly better than Ross; but for the most part, carried by beats.

You all misunderstood what I meant too. You can say Ross had a better album than Em, but don't tell me Ross's album is in the Top 5. Don't insult Hip Hop like that lmao.

Isn't Recovery in your top 5?

It was, then I played it over & over, then came to the conclusion it was pretty poor & was Eminem's worst album. With that being said, I'd still put it far above Ross's album.

Most of the comments I made when the album first came out, were rushed & me being in denial as a pretty large fan of his. But the same flow, the screaming, overall, it was just below average. It had a few keepers.

aston martin music is the whackest song on telfon don. its so out of place. you have a ridiculous bias and just cant admit that rick ross made a great album. i was a huge ross hater but i will at least admit when im wrong. the first half of deeper than rap was great and telfon don was actually one of the best rap albums of the year.

damn you didn't like "Aston Martin Music" ?  :o

Dope ass song. 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Radiotube, success means absolutely nothing.  You're a moron if you think that.
-exact words

i think you've said enough here.  can somebody say "cop out", "hater", "been-a-fan", "shock value poster", "obsessed", "piss ant", "stan".  i'd rather not go back and forth with this BOT after something like that, it's just like insulting your intelligence; literally.  i don't even know whut "i love the way you lie" even sounds like so no, it wasn't 1 of tha biggest singles of tha year.  you're on a whole nother planet with this whole "Eminem/Recovery everybody loved this album like a classic or hated it becuz they were haters" fasaad.  You're pulling shit outta your ass again, i thought u were past that by now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:25:28 PM by Banned »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Recovery was wack, just drop it
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 07:46:39 PM »
Radiotube, success means absolutely nothing.  You're a moron if you think that.
-exact words

i think you've said enough here.  can somebody say "cop out", "hater", "been-a-fan", "shock value poster", "obsessed", "piss ant", "stan".  i'd rather not go back and forth with this BOT after something like that, it's just like insulting your intelligence; literally.  i don't even know whut "i love the way you lie" even sounds like so no, it wasn't 1 of tha biggest singles of tha year.  you're on a whole nother planet with this whole "Eminem/Recovery everybody loved this album like a classic or hated it becuz they were haters" fasaad.  You're pulling shit outta your ass again, i thought u were past that by now.

LOLOLOLOL. Delete your account. How in God's name haven't you been permanently banned yet?

First off, those aren't "exact words" because you cut off the rest of my sentence, dick.

I never said "I Love The Way You Lie" was good, nor did I say Recovery was classic & people hate it because they are haters. I said in this very thread that Recovery was his worst album & wasn't good. Where are those "exact words"? All I said was it was a MUCH bigger single. That's not my opinion, go check the billboards, dumbass. Both his singles, "Not Afriad" & "I Love The Way You Lie" did better numbers than "BMF". According to your logic, Recovery should the best album of the decade lmfao.

Then you said "BMF" was "the biggest single of the year", like that justifies Ross's album as a qualifier for an album of the year. You compared it to "I Get Money", was Curtis album of the year? FUCK NO. You're the biggest idiot on the planet.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:08 PM »
Recovery was wack, just drop it

been said that, that's every1 else.  nobody else gets it tho, they think he's serious or they're wondering like what tha fuck.  i'm just killin' tha shit (it's dumb).  how long can you rave on about an album that's clear that everybody ALREADY knows isn't all that great but yet you're still goin on about it 6 months later like people were supposed to change by now haha!  

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 08:22:55 PM »
^Yeah, that's what I thought..you better dodge that shit.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »
I understand what duke means by BMF being "the biggest single" this year.  It was the biggest hip-hop record that was on some straight traditional gangsta shit.  You know it's hip-hop.  It's not some "made for top 40 commercial radio playlist with an r&b hook" like Love The Way You Lie or Not Afraid are for Recovery.  Basically, BMF is a straight hip-hop song while Love The Way You Lie & Not Afraid are pop songs at hearts that feature rapped verses.   If anything this was the album Eminem sold out on or just totally said fuck it and embraced his love for pop music.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
I understand what duke means by BMF being "the biggest single" this year.  It was the biggest hip-hop record that was on some straight traditional gangsta shit.  You know it's hip-hop.  It's not some "made for top 40 commercial radio playlist with an r&b hook" like Love The Way You Lie or Not Afraid are for Recovery.  Basically, BMF is a straight hip-hop song while Love The Way You Lie & Not Afraid are pop songs at hearts that feature rapped verses.   If anything this was the album Eminem sold out on or just totally said fuck it and embraced his love for pop music.

Lol @ BMF being straight hip hop. Its your typical mainstream song about getting money and materialism with a southern beat and slow lyrics. How is that any less of a sellout song?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:13:24 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Blood$

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:35 PM »
I understand what duke means by BMF being "the biggest single" this year.  It was the biggest hip-hop record that was on some straight traditional gangsta shit.  You know it's hip-hop.  It's not some "made for top 40 commercial radio playlist with an r&b hook" like Love The Way You Lie or Not Afraid are for Recovery.  Basically, BMF is a straight hip-hop song while Love The Way You Lie & Not Afraid are pop songs at hearts that feature rapped verses.   If anything this was the album Eminem sold out on or just totally said fuck it and embraced his love for pop music.

+1

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
I understand what duke means by BMF being "the biggest single" this year.  It was the biggest hip-hop record that was on some straight traditional gangsta shit.  You know it's hip-hop.  It's not some "made for top 40 commercial radio playlist with an r&b hook" like Love The Way You Lie or Not Afraid are for Recovery.  Basically, BMF is a straight hip-hop song while Love The Way You Lie & Not Afraid are pop songs at hearts that feature rapped verses.   If anything this was the album Eminem sold out on or just totally said fuck it and embraced his love for pop music.

Lol @ BMF being straight hip hop. Its your typical mainstream song about getting money and materialism with a southern beat and slow lyrics. How is that any less of a sellout song?

But, it was hip-hop even if it was a cliche subject mater for the genre.  And, as for the beat, it was dope so I'm not quite on the same page with you.  Selling out is based on each artist.  Rick Ross didn't sell out because he came into the game on this style and it represents him as an artist where as Eminem's general style on Recovery isn't typical for him as an artist.  As I said in the other post if he didn't sell out to please Interscope he found his love for pop music.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »

But, it was hip-hop even if it was a cliche subject mater for the genre.  And, as for the beat, it was dope so I'm not quite on the same page with you.  Selling out is based on each artist.  Rick Ross didn't sell out because he came into the game on this style and it represents him as an artist where as Eminem's general style on Recovery isn't typical for him as an artist.  As I said in the other post if he didn't sell out to please Interscope he found his love for pop music.

If that's what you intended to mean by sellout then I'd have to agree. But lets not pretend like both songs weren't "made for top 40" commercial hits. Both songs were about as commercialized as you can get.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2010, 11:00:43 PM »

If that's what you intended to mean by sellout then I'd have to agree. But lets not pretend like both songs weren't "made for top 40" commercial hits. Both songs were about as commercialized as you can get.

i cant agree they are made for top 40 to the same extent. they are clearly for 2 different markets. you could pick any rick ross song and say that by that logic. i understand what you are saying though, but ross is really for hip hop listeners whereas eminems songs are clearly for the straight up pop listener.

Anunikke

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2010, 11:11:40 PM »
BMF was a mixtape song that got more buzz than the real single so they released it as a single.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »
Another honorable mention:

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....