Author Topic: Snoop's life on Death Row Records  (Read 948 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Snoop's life on Death Row Records
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:12:57 PM »
with all the bullshit going on over there. did he ? i just know at one point he inquired about his money. i seen a hip hop weekly mag with major pics in hip hop's time. there was a pic (post chronic pre doggystyle era) wit snoop in his apartment talking on the phone wit 15 dollars on the table. i'm like.... in my mind ( this nigga supposed to be paid  chronic sold heavy LOL) i remember reading a blaze mag interview when doggy dogg when to no limit. nate was spilling his guts but they asked about if suge ever assaulted (including snoop) nate wouldn't comment.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:20:48 PM by Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Snoop's life on Death Row Records
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »
if Suge did anythin to either Nate, Daz, Kurupt or Snoop, u best believe dude wouldve bragged about it later during the DPG-war..

so no, nothin happened..

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 02:43:43 PM »
I don't think Suge was running around whooping on the actual artists but the story seems to be that a lot of the artist entourages were getting beat downs over petty things. I seem to recall a story where members of DPG were ready to go to blows with Suge's people over some fried chicken. I think this was explained as one of the reasons RBX decided to leave in that Suge was trying to put the artists who were making him money and actually performing as part of the concert in check over eating some chicken when they were hungry. That Big C-Style YouTube video had a lot of information about these kind of things but all I can remember him saying was that Warren G never caught a beatdown at Can-Am ever.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »
anyone remember the doc mtv did on death row years ago.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Str8Notorious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »
with all the bullshit going on over there. did he ? i just know at one point he inquired about his money. i seen a hip hop weekly mag with major pics in hip hop's time. there was a pic (post chronic pre doggystyle era) wit snoop in his apartment talking on the phone wit 15 dollars on the table. i'm like.... in my mind ( this nigga supposed to be paid  chronic sold heavy LOL) i remember reading a blaze mag interview when doggy dogg when to no limit. nate was spilling his guts but they asked about if suge ever assaulted (including snoop) nate wouldn't comment.

Im gonna cover this story this week. stay tuned!

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »

props for bringing this up. The beat to the mis-behavior song is incredible. one of the best g-funk beats i have ever heard.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
I don't think Suge was running around whooping on the actual artists but the story seems to be that a lot of the artist entourages were getting beat downs over petty things. I seem to recall a story where members of DPG were ready to go to blows with Suge's people over some fried chicken. I think this was explained as one of the reasons RBX decided to leave in that Suge was trying to put the artists who were making him money and actually performing as part of the concert in check over eating some chicken when they were hungry. That Big C-Style YouTube video had a lot of information about these kind of things but all I can remember him saying was that Warren G never caught a beatdown at Can-Am ever.
Yeah, that was all from the interview with Big C-Style.  The friend chicken incident was just someone (I can't remember who) on the Crip faction of Death Row having accidentally eaten Suge's food, and when Suge found out, he was pissed and said something along the lines of "I'll kill all you Crabs," which got some other people involved, though Snoop apparently was the one who tried to calm things down.  While Suge did calm down and talked to Big C-Style afterward trying to downplay the incident as being more between him and whoever ate his food, Big C-Style was pissed about Suge having called them all "Crabs."  I don't recall him saying that Warren G NEVER got touched at Death Row, but he did say that Warren G was about to when he got called into one of their meeting rooms, but Warren G had a feeling what was going down, so he had Big C-Style go in with him, who stuck up for him and made sure he didn't catch a fade.  He did, however, get his chain jacked during the incident, which Snoop got back from Suge and gave back to Warren G.

anyone remember the doc mtv did on death row years ago.
The "Life on Death Row" documentary?  That was really good.  I recorded it on VHS on some tape in a box at my family's house, but I remember it pretty well.  Regarding the beatdowns discussed, it was mostly O.F.T.B. and Nate Dogg talking about it.  Busstop (of O.F.T.B.) talked about how if you were in Death Row's studios and you saw someone getting jumped, it was common and accepted for you to involve yourself in jumping the guy while maybe also going through the guy's pockets (which made Flipside laugh).  He also said something like, "I probably did sock a few people in the head... if I could recall.  But I can't recall."  (He was obviously joking about not being able to recall having participated in the beatdowns.)  Nate Dogg was just talking about one aspiring artist not affiliated with Death Row but in their building having interrupted one of their meetings saying that he wanted a deal, then Suge asked him to rap but if they didn't like it, he would get beat up, and sure enough, he got beat up.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »
One of the guys from the group Foesum got beat down by Suge.  That's what Big C-Style said.  It was because he didn't want to fight in the brawl where the Death Row Bloods and the DPG Crips actually joined up to beat down some haters at a party.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »
One of the guys from the group Foesum got beat down by Suge.  That's what Big C-Style said.  It was because he didn't want to fight in the brawl where the Death Row Bloods and the DPG Crips actually joined up to beat down some haters at a party.
That was the New Years Eve incident in Venice Beach where the Venice Shore Line Crips were trying to punk Big C-Style and the other Crips there, who were actually trying to be civil.  Big C-Style said that, to his recollection, it was the only time the Blood faction of Death Row fought alongside the Crip faction (since most of their street beef would probably be with Bloods anyway, except in this situation where Suge's crew wouldn't be going against people who they may have loose alliances with).  Suge didn't exactly beat down one of the members of Foesum, but Big C-Style did say that Suge slapped the guy for not jumping in.

Str8Notorious

• Lil Geezy

love33

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
That was the New Years Eve incident in Venice Beach where the Venice Shore Line Crips were trying to punk Big C-Style and the other Crips there, who were actually trying to be civil.  Big C-Style said that, to his recollection, it was the only time the Blood faction of Death Row fought alongside the Crip faction (since most of their street beef would probably be with Bloods anyway, except in this situation where Suge's crew wouldn't be going against people who they may have loose alliances with).  Suge didn't exactly beat down one of the members of Foesum, but Big C-Style did say that Suge slapped the guy for not jumping in.

Was it M & M?  Foesum was dope back in the day their debut album is Top 20 of all time.  Fast forward to 1999-2002, Suge would do the same thing with Crooked I that he did with Kurupt, along the lines of "you want to sign to Death Row? Well then win a freestyle battle against Crooked I or get beat down."