Author Topic: Sam Sneed Debut LP From Dr. Dre Protege STREET SCHOLARS (Album Cover)  (Read 7552 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Sam Sneed Debut LP From Dr. Dre Protege STREET SCHOLARS (Album Cover)
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
It boggles my mind how WideAwake can continually insult the few fans they have left with their consistent fuck ups. Mixing and mastering has remained garbage despite the majority of us voicing our displeasure with it. They've released multiple albums with stuff that's already leaked. With the Sneed album they had the chance to make us supporters again and it appears that they are once again blowing it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Sucks that Lara got ousted, she seemed to genuinely care, unlike whoever is running this circus now.

I once was optimistic and excited about WideAwake, and now I'm utterly pissed. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but I don't get how they can be so ignorant.

Agreed.  Although the poor mixing I could almost chalk up to sheer incompetence.  Not saying there's an excuse for it.  But at least with that, it seems unintentional.  The track selection for these projects has to be intentional though.  And why they would continue to put together these projects with tracks that everyone already has, is beyond me.  I agree with your point about Lara Lavi too.  Of course we'll never know how things might have turned out if she were still there.  But at least with her, it seemed like she had some strategy in place for trying to make the company a success.  The people currently in charge seem to be just churning out project after project with very little thought behind any of it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 09:39:52 PM »
At least we`ll get BRAND NEW Sam Sneed material 4 tha `11, so its not like its a horrible/useless or undeserving release.  Im actually kinda happy about it, but it shouldnt be affiliated with tha whole DR/WA thing.  Its not like Sam fell off so Im sure it mite rock, we`ll have 2 see.  But as far as it being a ``death row`` release, they shouldnt even have done it like that.  Sam Sneed with Wiz Khalifa 4 tha warm up then Sam Sneed with tha whole Fly Society on tha beat and then this album about 2 comeout.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 11:33:42 PM »
I know how the actual ARTIST feels means nothing to you guys, but don't you think, that as long as Sam is putting out what he wants, then that is fine? It is HIS project, and HE is in control of it, so let him release the album that HE wants. Seriously, this isn't like the Crooked I or Snoop releases, where the artist wasn't in control. The man has waited a long while to release and album, and I for one am happy for him. If you wanna fault him after the album comes out for wack tracks, go ahead. But first lets see what he puts out.

I'm posting this in 2 Sneed threads, just cuz I feel the attitude coming from some of yall is kinda wack.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 01:40:41 AM »
Well if they dont wanna release a cd full of good old shit then do it like that:

1. CD with brand new sam sneed music
2. Data disc with videoclips, pictures, sneed interview and 7+ old tracks from the glory days.

pack it like the re-lit and i would buy that.

Okka

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 04:29:39 AM »
Lookin forward to this. Does anybody have the tracklist?

dnjp4life

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 04:47:42 AM »
People really shouldn't complain when WideAwake are releasing songs that the vast majority of us have heard/have in our collections.  Don't forget that this is illegal (not trying to sound like a nerd or anything, but I doubt any of us have paid for these songs).

I for one would be happy to get a CD with tracks that I've already got in mp3 form (the 2Pac album, for example), because I like to have a physical copy of something that I can blast in my stereo.  Why should the company insist on releasing ONLY unheard songs, just because a grip of people have illegally downloaded them over the years? 

I can understand people's gripe with the new material though, since pretty much all of the people who will be buying this record want the OG songs and nothing else.  And any criticism towards mixing and mastering is justified in my opinion (judging by previous releases).

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 06:00:39 AM »
People really shouldn't complain when WideAwake are releasing songs that the vast majority of us have heard/have in our collections. Don't forget that this is illegal (not trying to sound like a nerd or anything, but I doubt any of us have paid for these songs).

I for one would be happy to get a CD with tracks that I've already got in mp3 form (the 2Pac album, for example), because I like to have a physical copy of something that I can blast in my stereo.  Why should the company insist on releasing ONLY unheard songs, just because a grip of people have illegally downloaded them over the years?  

I can understand people's gripe with the new material though, since pretty much all of the people who will be buying this record want the OG songs and nothing else.  And any criticism towards mixing and mastering is justified in my opinion (judging by previous releases).

LMFAO!! get fucc outta here...  :laugh:

U BETTER RECOGNIZE
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:02:24 AM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Portugoal

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 06:05:31 AM »
People really shouldn't complain when WideAwake are releasing songs that the vast majority of us have heard/have in our collections.  Don't forget that this is illegal (not trying to sound like a nerd or anything, but I doubt any of us have paid for these songs).

I for one would be happy to get a CD with tracks that I've already got in mp3 form (the 2Pac album, for example), because I like to have a physical copy of something that I can blast in my stereo.  Why should the company insist on releasing ONLY unheard songs, just because a grip of people have illegally downloaded them over the years? 

I can understand people's gripe with the new material though, since pretty much all of the people who will be buying this record want the OG songs and nothing else.  And any criticism towards mixing and mastering is justified in my opinion (judging by previous releases).

They wouldn't even have bought the DR catalog if there were no people who had illegally downloaded music.

procrastiNate

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »

I agree with all of this.

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »

i was saying the same thing when people were complaining about the crooked i cd having all leaked songs.  all of that material was unreleased.  its not their fault you're disappointed because you downloaded the bootleg.  i downloaded it too, but i didn't complain about Hood Star. I actually bought it.

back to the sam sneed project.  i was hoping Blueberries would make the cut.  even though its been available for years, it would've been nice to have a properly mixed and mastered copy. i know they've dropped the ball in the past when it comes to mixing in mastering, but people claim the Sam Sneed material was finished up and set to go in 95/96.

JohnnyL

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »

I agree with what you're saying here, and I've supported most of Wideawake's releases (everything but their Kurupt album), but I would think from a business perspective, it would make more sense to release stuff that there's a demand for. And I just don't see them selling many albums that are mostly songs that were either previously available on other albums or have leaked onto the internet over the years. 

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »

we don't complain about unheard or unleaked songs, its about putting new songs on a cd that will have the name death row written on it. i brought crooked i even dough i had almost every track before - no problemo

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2017, 02:16:02 AM »
did the original street scholars ever get leaked? this one with the new material was pretty underwhelming.

Okka

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2017, 03:42:00 AM »
did the original street scholars ever get leaked? this one with the new material was pretty underwhelming.

Yeah, Tha Crip even remastered the leaked songs.

LilRealest

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2017, 09:38:18 AM »
Re-Up of the Remasters, please