Author Topic: TI- No Mercy (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2312 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
TI- No Mercy (Discussion Thread)
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:35:04 AM »
Artist.......: T.I.                                                         ▓█
Title........: No Mercy                                        ░          ░ ▐█
Label........: Atlantic                                                     ░█
Release.Type.: Album                                                     ░ ░ █
Genre........: HIp-Hop                                                       █
Source.......: CDDA                                                          ▓
Encoder......: LAME v3.97 -V 2 --vbr-new                                     ▒
Quality......: 186 kbps avg
Street.Date..: 2010-00-00                                                    ░
Rip.Date.....: 2010-00-00
Year.........: 2010                                                          ░
Tracks.......: 14
Playtime.....: 1h 01min Total
Size.........: 81.90 MB
URL..........:

▀
                        ▌
 ░  ░             ▄▀▄▐▀▀▌              ░  ░
░▒▓░██░█░▒█░█░▓▒█░▓▒██  █░▒▓██▒████▒░█▒█▓█▓█ █▒ ▓  ▓ ▓ ░  ░
░ ░                  ▐▄▄▌             ░ ░

▀                                                             ░
               ▌
 ░  ░       ▐▀▀▌▄▀▄     ░  ░                                                 ░
░▒▓░██░█░▒█░█  ██░▓▒█░▓▒█░▒▓██▒████▒░█▒█▓█▓█ █▒ ▓  ▓ ▓ ░  ░                  ▒
░ ░         ▐▄▄▌       ░ ░                                                ░  ░
                                                   ░
Tracklist
------------

01.  Welcome To The World Ft. Kanye West And KiD CuDi (Produced   4:14
     By Kanye West)
02.  How Life Changed Ft. Mitchelle'L And Scarface (Produced By   4:30
     Lil C)
03.  Get Back Up Ft. Chris Brown (Produced By The Neptunes)       4:24
04.  I Can't Help It Ft. Rocko (Produced By The Smash Factory)    3:32
05.  That's All She Wrote Ft. Eminem (Produced By Dr. Luke)       5:18
06.  No Mercy Ft. The-Dream (Produced By The-Dream And Tricky)    4:07
07.  Big Picture (Produced By Toomp)                              4:25
08.  Strip Ft. Young Dro And Trey Songz (Produced By Lil C)       3:42
09.  Salute (Produced By Jake One)                                3:07
10.  Amazing Ft. Pharrell (Produced By The Neptunes)              5:14
11.  Everything On Me (Produced By Danja)                         4:24
12.  Poppin' Bottles Ft. Drake (Produced By T-Minus)              5:20
13.  Lay Me Down Ft. Rico Love (Produced By Jim Jonsin And Rico   3:16
     Love)
14.  Castle Walls Ft. Christina Aguilera (Produced By Alex Da     5:29
     Kid)

Paper Trail was dope IMO, interested to see how this album will be. Will leave thoughts later.

Blood$

Re: TI- No Mercy (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:42:03 AM »
I just started downloading... not expecting much but hope I'll be surprised

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »

Anyone that claims to be the king of anything, I want some quality music lol. Nah I hear ya, I am starting to believe some of these tracks could be older leftovers.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »

Anyone that claims to be the king of anything, I want some quality music lol. Nah I hear ya, I am starting to believe some of these tracks could be older leftovers.

we'll see... Paper Trail is a personal classic for me and I know this isn't going to be as good but I'm hoping for some bangers, the first track is nice

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

we'll see... Paper Trail is a personal classic for me and I know this isn't going to be as good but I'm hoping for some bangers, the first track is nice

Yeah PT was for me also.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:42:09 AM »
More then halfway through this and for me this is probably his worst album. Definitely has that leftover feel to it, lyrically it is sharp at times but the production is definitely weak throughout on this

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »
its a shame that this is going to suck because fuck a mixtape was really REALLY good. t.i. didnt have much time to work on this record so i guess he just rushed it out to keep his name out there.

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
I'll reserve judgment 'til I listen in a few hours. But everything I've seen about this album screams Atlantic forcing him to put this record out.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »
Just finished. EASILY his worst album. Excluding a couple tracks here and there, it is either one of 2 things

1. Rushed by the label to put the album out

2. Rushed by the label and added a bunch of leftover tracks and put a album together.

Album does not feel like one, more of a compilation of tracks, most of which sound like they have no bizness on a TI album.

Portugoal

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »
I'm only interested in the first and the last track.

Blood$

Re: T.I.- No Mercy (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »
my thoughts after first listen

01.  Welcome To The World Ft. Kanye West And KiD CuDi - 4/5, good song but it doesn't feel like an opener and it also seems more like a Kanye Feat. T.I. track
02.  How Life Changed Ft. Mitchelle'L And Scarface - 4.5/5, love this, dope beat and hook, Face comes through and kills it
03.  Get Back Up Ft. Chris Brown - 3.5/5, not bad for a single at all, might grow on me
04.  I Can't Help It Ft. Rocko - 4/5, T.I. kills this shit, Rocko wasn't bad either maybe the best I've heard from him
05.  That's All She Wrote Ft. Eminem - 3.5/5, a step up from this duo's last collab, still a bit underwhelming but still a pretty decent cut
06.  No Mercy Ft. The-Dream 4/5, surprisingly dope... but Dream sounds like a chick singing like in many other songs lol
07.  Big Picture - 3/5, kinda fell asleep on this one, forgettable despite the Toomp production, sounds like a throwaway
08.  Strip Ft. Young Dro And Trey Songz - 3/5, typical club/party track which also sounds borderline leftover
09.  Salute - 4/5, T.I.'s lyrics were on point here, beat is aiight
10.  Amazing Ft. Pharrell - 2.5/5, this looked like a hit or miss from the jump, and this right here was a big miss
11.  Everything On Me - 3/5, nice beat which somewhat saves it but a boring track overall, leftover material
12.  Poppin' Bottles Ft. Drake - 3/5, Wiz Khalifa dropped a track the other day with the same beat and his was better but this one is ok for a club track, that's it
13.  Lay Me Down Ft. Rico Love - 3/5, nice beat here but all the club/female tracks are getting played out at this point
14.  Castle Walls Ft. Christina Aguilera - 4/5, solid closer for the album but it doesn't do enough to pick up slack for all the previous weak cuts

so my assumptions about this album were on point, the label threw this shit together with the quickness to make their buck back and to keep T.I.'s name relevant... I bet T.I. won't even be happy with this final product if he didn't already oversee it, too many features that didn't do any justice and the structure of the album is awful

this album is on par with T.I. VS T.I.P., I don't see too many tracks growing on me either since 5-6 tracks are for bitches/the club/radio, 3-4 sound like leftovers, and the rest wasn't anything special except for "How Life Changed", with that being said I give this album a 2.5/5 which I feel is generous

take off tracks 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 and replace them with "I'm Back", "Yeah Ya Know", "Yeah (Feat. Lil' Wayne)", Pledge Allegiance To The Swag (Feat. Rick Ross)", and "Whatcha Sayin' Tip" and you would have an otherwise good album

sav

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »
Not a bad mainstream album after a first listen.  8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
this album is hot . waaaaay better than y'all are saying. tip at his best.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:44:38 PM by Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »

nah homie this is quality. everything on me is the shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »
1. Welcome to the World - 4.25/5. I like it as an intro. Welcome to my world type shit. T.I. has a nice rap pattern on here; unique. CuDi is minimal but cool contribution. Kanye kills it 2. Great No I.D. beat.

2. How Life Changed - 5/5. The song I was looking most forward to & it doesn't disappoint. Beat is fire; signature Lil C sound. T.I.'s 1st verse is dope. Mitchelle'l kills the hook. Always a classic Scarface verse. GREAT to hear a new Face verse. Love this song right here. Early candidate for best album cut.

3. Get Back Up - 3.75/5. T.I.'s lyrics are so dope & what he's saying is so real. This would be 5/5 if it wasn't for a pretty poppy sounding beat/hook. Great content though. Doesn't even sound like a Neptunes beat.

4. I Can't Help It - 4/5. Sounds like a mixtape track but who cares 'cuz it's banging. Most ppl complain mixtape music is better than album music anyways. Great southern music right here either way. T.I.'s verse is FLAMES  :o  Rocko sounds really good on this too. LOL, they changed the "tell the sheriff he can get these fucking charges back, no jail time gotta thank God for that"

5. That's All She Wrote - 4/5. Good track. T.I.'s verse is straight & Eminem kills it as usual. Good track for sure. The beat is a grower. Dr. Luke produced a grower for real.

6. No Mercy - 5/5. Really feeling The-Dream/Tricky beat. Very musical. Sounds like something Kanye would do. The-Dream does sound like a chick but he's a very good singer. Great content displayed on the hook as well. T.I.'s lyrics again are very meaningful & filled with good content. This is dope right here. Love it!

7. Big Picture - 2/5. Toomp! Eyy, beat is forgetful though. Hook is boring. 40 seconds in I can already call it the worse T.I.-Toomp collabo ever. T.I.'s lyrics are decent but can't save it.

8. Strip - 3.25/5. Lil C always has 2 tracks on T.I. albums - 1 hip-hop cut & 1 club cut lol. Meh, this doesn't do much for me. Might bump in a car but I'll never enjoy it THAT much. Trey Songz sounds good on it though. Gotta take it for what it is - a catchy club banger. Dro has a nice verse; good 2 hear Dro on a T.I. album again. Average song.

9. Salute - 3/5. Jake One? Great album placement for him. Pretty tight beat. Hook is ok. T.I.'s raps is straight though. Again, not a special track. Pure mixtape track/album leftover.

10. Amazing - 3.5/5. Catchy ass club banger. It's cheesy but I can't stop singing it lol. I can definitely enjoy this record.

11. Everything On Me - 3.25/5. Good Danja beat. It's a catchy club track but there are too many of these on this album right now. That's 3/4 tracks like this. T.I.'s flow on point but again, not really what I wanna hear right now. 5 straight tracks rated under 4/5 is a bad look.

12. Poppin' Bottles - 3.75/5. This is catchy. I can see this becoming a hit. Wonder if Tip has a video shot to this. This is yet another club track but it's miles better than Big Picture, Strip, Salute & Everythang On Me. I can see this becoming a favorite. I really enjoy this in a mainstream way. Beat is an absolute banger.

13. Lay Me Down - 3.5/5. Catchy beat & hook. This probably bangs in the car & is a grower, but at this point, I'm very disappointed with seeing 7 straight meaningless songs on a 14 track album.

14. Castle Walls - 5/5. Woah, this is amazing. On some "Dead & Gone pt.2" shit but sounds very different than that which is good. This is a pure #1 billboard hit & I predict it will hit that. That HAS to the next single.

T.I.'s worst album to me. I was weary leading up & after reading early feedback, I became more weary. As most of y'all know, T.I. is my favorite artist & I was pleasantly surprised when the album started off so well (tracks 1-6). I began to think maybe I'll really like this album?

But it reallyyyyy loses steam from tracks 7-13 (only 2 of which I thoroughly enjoy - Amazing & Poppin Bottles).

The content starts off so strong (How Life Changed, Get Back Up & No Mercy) and then tracks 7-13 are filled with meaningless content (again, 2 of which I enjoy). That is very unlike T.I. He always has the "singles" but great content to go along with it. This is way 2 filled with mainstream crap; even for a multi platinum artist like T.I. considering he's one of very few mainstream well selling rappers that still gets respect from the streets & some real hip hop fans.

Again, tracks 7-13 SCREAMS this album was thrown together. No way Atlantic was letting 4th quarter go by without a T.I. album, one of, if not there most consistent selling artists.

Disappointed & I can't help but wonder if T.I. feels the same. He's always been very careful with what he puts out there & even admitted he wasn't fond of T.I. vs. T.I.P. I would love to know what he thinks of this.

Best tracks (in order):
Castle Walls
No Mercy
How Life Changed
Welcome to the World
Get Back Up
I Can't Help It
That's All She Wrote

Enjoyable:
Popping Bottles
Amazing

Average:
Strip
Salute
Lay Me Down (seems catchy enough to grow)

Crap:
Big Picture
Everythang On Me
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com