Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Bishop Lamont feat. DR. DRE - I DOMINATE [Produced by DR. DRE]!!!!!!!  (Read 5466 times)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
heres my take on it...  it's missing a radio friendly adlib at the beginning like "GET YO ASS ON THE FLOE!" in a super cool voice like they do in the radio ads or at the mullet big monster wheels shows  :P and bishops first like 8 bars sound to hardcore for a party joint, but then he switches it up in the same verse to a party verse with a little swag splashin. that was my problem with ras kass he would be too lyrical and complex for a party joint, instead of being charasmatic.. picture kurupt remaking jigga's brush your shoulders off " nigga im tyrannasaurus crash my ford taurus i be big foot runnin with no draws butt naked in the forest

rest imho, is coo!

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
A lil' somethin' for the fans to tie us over:

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Oh shit... y'all have no idea what's commin!

• Muthafuckin' OG
stop teasin' us!

Blood$

Tht slim da mobster quote from bloodmoney is ridiculous. There's no way u could justify that.

actually yes I can... I said that Nigger Noize was a classic street album, which it is because it's dope from front to back, and The Confessional was good for the most part, but pretty much everything following after from Bishop is WEAK especially that Team America w/e it was called bullshit

Slim on the other hand may not even have a full mixtape out but he showcases why he's a better match for Dre's sound with only a few songs, dudes need to listen to "10 Gat Commandments", "1000 Gram Man" , "Cold Out Here" (very dope song), and his freestyle over "New York, New York"... I don't see how anybody can say "I Dominate" is better than ANY of those except that it's a Dre track  ::), this is fucking wack and everyone knows it

while it may not be fair to say Slim is a better overall artist right now, he has the potential to be so and he will def sound better on Detox than Bishop would have

EDIT: CalTroit was also solid in Bishop's defense, maybe a personal classic for me

Triple OG Rapsodie

Tht slim da mobster quote from bloodmoney is ridiculous. There's no way u could justify that.

actually yes I can... I said that Nigger Noize was a classic street album, which it is because it's dope from front to back, and The Confessional was good for the most part, but pretty much everything following after from Bishop is WEAK especially that Team America w/e it was called bullshit

Slim on the other hand may not even have a full mixtape out but he showcases why he's a better match for Dre's sound with only a few songs, dudes need to listen to "10 Gat Commandments", "1000 Gram Man" , "Cold Out Here" (very dope song), and his freestyle over "New York, New York"... I don't see how anybody can say "I Dominate" is better than ANY of those except that it's a Dre track  ::), this is fucking wack and everyone knows it

while it may not be fair to say Slim is a better overall artist right now, he has the potential to be so and he will def sound better on Detox than Bishop would have

EDIT: CalTroit was also solid in Bishop's defense, maybe a personal classic for me

I didn't care for Team America, but any of Bishop's street albums >>>>> Slim's mixtape. That shit was weak. You can't be serious. Those 3 songs you listed can't even touch Bishop's best songs.

Blood$

I didn't care for Team America, but any of Bishop's street albums >>>>> Slim's mixtape. That shit was weak. You can't be serious. Those 3 songs you listed can't even touch Bishop's best songs.

it wasn't even a mixtape, shit was a demo just hosted by Clue

• Muthafuckin' OG
Bishop Lamont > Slim the mobster

end.

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

I laugh my ass off, but hey opinions are like assholes.

After The Confessional: (some songs might have been released around that time / closely before)
U Ain't Fresh (ok, snippet leaked in 2007)
Your Lover
Gone
Blow Your Mind
Change Is Gonna Come
Hollow Eyes
Home
Rain
U Scared
Pass That
Niggas
My Mama
Hallelujah
Exclusive (I Got It)
Friends
Bitches On My Dick
Nothing Could Be Better

I'll stop now .. If this does not indicate that Bishop always brings quality I do not know what planet you come from. While the best songs of Slim might be slightly better than a few of my list, the list shits on Slim's whole career so far.

With that said, I think Slim is not bad, It's Cold Out Here is a dope song, like a few others. But he's a simple street rapper with no content, if you ask me. I have yet to see if he really has talent.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

hey you're the one that said the few slim songs shit on most of bishop's songs, so off course you're gonna get criticised for it.
nothing wrong with liking slim, but you're not going to convince anyone.

snoop

When?

Blood$

hey you're the one that said the few slim songs shit on most of bishop's songs, so off course you're gonna get criticised for it.

I wasn't trying to convince anybody to change their opinions, was just clarifying what I meant by the original post... like dude in here said, opinions are like assholes  ;)

Triple OG Rapsodie

^
Disregarding my personal opinion that the tracks you brought up are weak....

What's funny is that you were trying to say that Slim has more potential and Bishop is weak now by referencing a track he made years ago and doesn't even like himself

Also funny that the Slim songs you mentioned were made before The Confessional

I fail to see the logic in concluding that 3 songs (2 of them over 4 years old) from Slim is more impressive than Bishop's entire catalog.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Look, Slim is probably dope but we don't have much material to base a solid opinion on.  He's been working with Dre or his associates so I'm sure he's improved and I doubt Dre works with horrible people - Game wasn't great on the pen game but was always a strong vocalist.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

I wasn't trying to convince anybody to change their opinions, was just clarifying what I meant by the original post... like dude in here said, opinions are like assholes  ;)
ok.

but if you think I dominate is terrible, what about Get paid by slim?