Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Bishop Lamont feat. DR. DRE - I DOMINATE [Produced by DR. DRE]!!!!!!!  (Read 5474 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, so it finally leaked. On a party vibe I'm feeling this shit, props for the tweak Matty 8). This track would of been huge, Bishop shoulda dropped it...

Yo Rebel, is Bishop still gonna feature on Detox?

edit... Kinda gay there's only one Bishop verse on this, especially if this was supposed to be his introduction to the game. Who's that on the hook saying "I Dominate"? Doesn't really sound like Bishop or Dre.

I gotta give Bishop props for not dropping this though, shit is a sure fire hit record so it really shows he is dedicated to his art and his fans by not compromoising his vision of himself as an artist
i expected this to be liked more by interscope than grow up, but tell me how he could have released that as a single???

Well from what I remember reading they flew to Hawaii to make the video and decided last minute to pull the plug cos Bishop and Dre both didn't llike the song or I guess the general direction it would take the aftermath sound. Believe me if this had dropped and been pushed by the Interscope machine 2 years ago shit would of been huge, this type of music is all over the radio now, would of helped Dre keep his status as a game changer, but tarnished it if he made Detox or Reofrmation sound like this.

I find it interesting that there's still tribal sounding drums in there, Bishop's album must of had a heavy tribal sound at one point

there are a lot of tracks with that tribal sound and more specifically bishop's brand of tribal sleaze. seems to have been a theme for a lot of the original reformation material - africa, oh my god, freak freak y'all, i dominate, feel on it etc...

Yeah they're the tracks I was thinking of. I for one didn't dig the majority of them, people loved Africa and Feel On It but for me they didn't knock at all. It seems his directions changed recently but either way Reformation (God Damn Nigga) is definitely one of my most anticiapted albums at the moment

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I've always liked the general direction they were going for with the African tribal influences.  The rhythmic chant like drum patterns and various sing-song instruments used (usually the addition of a flute) allow a great backdrop for a story to be told; depending on the structure it can make for a great party track or a great lesson in morality.  They just never mastered it or there were elements missing to take it to another level. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Damn, so it finally leaked. On a party vibe I'm feeling this shit, props for the tweak Matty 8). This track would of been huge, Bishop shoulda dropped it...

Yo Rebel, is Bishop still gonna feature on Detox?

edit... Kinda gay there's only one Bishop verse on this, especially if this was supposed to be his introduction to the game. Who's that on the hook saying "I Dominate"? Doesn't really sound like Bishop or Dre.

I gotta give Bishop props for not dropping this though, shit is a sure fire hit record so it really shows he is dedicated to his art and his fans by not compromoising his vision of himself as an artist
i expected this to be liked more by interscope than grow up, but tell me how he could have released that as a single???

Well from what I remember reading they flew to Hawaii to make the video and decided last minute to pull the plug cos Bishop and Dre both didn't llike the song or I guess the general direction it would take the aftermath sound. Believe me if this had dropped and been pushed by the Interscope machine 2 years ago shit would of been huge, this type of music is all over the radio now, would of helped Dre keep his status as a game changer, but tarnished it if he made Detox or Reofrmation sound like this.

I find it interesting that there's still tribal sounding drums in there, Bishop's album must of had a heavy tribal sound at one point
yeah but you said it yourself, if ;)

Mr.West

Thanks 4 the link!  8) 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

this song could only be this hot on dubcc.  tha beat and tha hook is cool but not tha lyrics, it doesn't fit Dre or Lamont really.  it sounds like they were on some "fuck it i need a single" shit (like Nipsey's singles, "hussle in tha house" was hot tho).  it's a grower, but not something i'd be playing 5 years from now.  who knows, i couldn't tell u.

it's just not that great of a song.  that's all.  i'd party 2 it tho if it came on at a club or somethin' and sing all tha lyrics n shit.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:28:31 PM by Respect This Pimpin' »

dameons

I get more confident in Bishop with each leak .

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

• Muthafuckin' OG

snoop

the more i listen to it, the more i like it  8)

EnzoUK

personally i love this track, played it alot over the last 2 days, dres verse is sick

"see the doc dont sip the same... 19 inch biceps built to bang" BOOM!!! haha
Twitter: @EnzoUK

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
Good track I like this more than Kush

Kush

• Lil Geezy
and a tweaked mp3 that will bump bump bump off the bat 8) http://www.mediafire.com/?g6dm8mmfx001c5y

Thanks.  8)

dameons

It's a little on the soft side , but different . I like it , and I usually don't like tracks aimed at the chicks . It's just plain good music .

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround