Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Bishop Lamont feat. DR. DRE - I DOMINATE [Produced by DR. DRE]!!!!!!!  (Read 5462 times)

HighEyeCue

I Dominate is a cool track, there are better Bishop songs out there though.

Blood$

^
Disregarding my personal opinion that the tracks you brought up are weak....

What's funny is that you were trying to say that Slim has more potential and Bishop is weak now by referencing a track he made years ago and doesn't even like himself

Also funny that the Slim songs you mentioned were made before The Confessional

I fail to see the logic in concluding that 3 songs (2 of them over 4 years old) from Slim is more impressive than Bishop's entire catalog.

those tracks i named aren't weak... say what you want about Slim's delivery/flow, but then look at Bishop as well

Slim does have more potential WITH Dr. Dre's sound just based on his vocals/subject matter, Bishop honestly didn't sound that great over Dre beats but that's just my opinion

but if you think I dominate is terrible, what about Get paid by slim?

nothing special, I don't even have it downloaded

dnjp4life

A fairly decent track from Bishop and Dre, but not what I expected the song to sound like.  I thought the title implied something harder and raw, and didn't consider that it would be a club-like track.

I'm not sure if this would have blown up had it been released as Bishop's main single, it's good but it's missing that one thing that could make it a smash, and I can't put my finger on it.  I can see why Bishop disliked this track as well, because it's quite unlike his normal style.  Good for the collection though.

Triple OG Rapsodie

^

What's funny is that you were trying to say that Slim has more potential and Bishop is weak now by referencing a track he made years ago and doesn't even like himself

I fail to see the logic in concluding that 3 songs (2 of them over 4 years old) from Slim is more impressive than Bishop's entire catalog.

those tracks i named aren't weak... say what you want about Slim's delivery/flow, but then look at Bishop as well

Slim does have more potential WITH Dr. Dre's sound just based on his vocals/subject matter, Bishop honestly didn't sound that great over Dre beats but that's just my opinion

Imo they are weak...but I said disregarding personal opinion. How do a couple 4 year old songs show more potential than Bishop's entire catalog? Are you saying those are better than Bishop's best songs?

And as far as I know we haven't even heard Slim over a Dre beat yet.

Looking at just his subject matter I'd say Slim has no potential in today's mainstream game. How is rapping about gats and drugs for the millionth time gonna sell? At the very least Bishop has shown us he's capable of rapping about a variety of topics. Slim may have that same potential, but he hasn't shown any of it yet. Based solely on the few songs we have of his, he has very little potential.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Off topic, here's a far superior song with the same name: Cold Out Here

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzapuk2OBFs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vzapuk2OBFs</a>

Matty

Tht slim da mobster quote from bloodmoney is ridiculous. There's no way u could justify that.

actually yes I can... I said that Nigger Noize was a classic street album, which it is because it's dope from front to back, and The Confessional was good for the most part, but pretty much everything following after from Bishop is WEAK especially that Team America w/e it was called bullshit

Slim on the other hand may not even have a full mixtape out but he showcases why he's a better match for Dre's sound with only a few songs, dudes need to listen to "10 Gat Commandments", "1000 Gram Man" , "Cold Out Here" (very dope song), and his freestyle over "New York, New York"... I don't see how anybody can say "I Dominate" is better than ANY of those except that it's a Dre track  ::), this is fucking wack and everyone knows it

while it may not be fair to say Slim is a better overall artist right now, he has the potential to be so and he will def sound better on Detox than Bishop would have

EDIT: CalTroit was also solid in Bishop's defense, maybe a personal classic for me
hey you're the one that said the few slim songs shit on most of bishop's songs, so off course you're gonna get criticised for it.
nothing wrong with liking slim, but you're not going to convince anyone.

I wasn't trying to convince anybody to change their opinions, was just clarifying what I meant by the original post... like dude in here said, opinions are like assholes  ;)
ok.

get paid is awesome! :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^

subject matter? seriously? slim's subject matter is played out. bishop lamont is more versatile, like Rapture stated.

nothing special, I don't even have it downloaded
fair enough

get paid is awesome! :laugh:
lil Matty is still tucked away, in that mansion, bumping get paid :D

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Slim has your typical gangster subject matter (Game, 50) but Bishop is just as limited. All he raps about is how rap sucks or bitches.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Slim has your typical gangster subject matter (Game, 50) but Bishop is just as limited. All he raps about is how rap sucks or bitches.
that's not really true.
some songs are about that, but not all.

just some examples:
grow up, hollow eyes, can't figure it out, your lover, change is gonna come

these aren't about the subject matter you brought up & this is just a few examples

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Grow Up and Hollow Eyes are again basically about fuck rap and the industry. Can't Figure It Out is dope no doubt.

Triple OG Rapsodie

That's incorrect and you know it unless you've skipped over most of his music. Can't Figure It Out, Everyday, Sometimez, American Dreams, Home, Friends, Anything, Land of the Free, Change is Gonna Come, etc. That's in addition to the standard topics that every other New West rapper does.

Digital Pimpin'

That's incorrect and you know it unless you've skipped over most of his music. Can't Figure It Out, Everyday, Sometimez, American Dreams, Home, Friends, Anything, Land of the Free, Change is Gonna Come, etc. That's in addition to the standard topics that every other New West rapper does.

This.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
saying that bishops subject matter is limited is just wrong

Paul

saying that bishops subject matter is limited is just wrong
funkyfreshintheflesh

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

That was all early mixtape shit. I'm talking about his official attempts at singles or what we've heard from the alleged album so far (Bitches On My Dick, Feel On It, Grow Up, If You Don't Know The Code...). Even his Dre ghost written songs were typical Dre subject matter, really expected something different from him. Just my 2 cents.