Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Bishop Lamont feat. DR. DRE - I DOMINATE [Produced by DR. DRE]!!!!!!!  (Read 5479 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Slim has your typical gangster subject matter (Game, 50) but Bishop is just as limited. All he raps about is how rap sucks or bitches.

That's incorrect and you know it unless you've skipped over most of his music. Can't Figure It Out, Everyday, Sometimez, American Dreams, Home, Friends, Anything, Land of the Free, Change is Gonna Come, etc. That's in addition to the standard topics that every other New West rapper does.

That was all early mixtape shit. I'm talking about his official attempts at singles or what we've heard from the alleged album so far (Bitches On My Dick, Feel On It, Grow Up, If You Don't Know The Code...). Even his Dre ghost written songs were typical Dre subject matter, really expected something different from him. Just my 2 cents.
you can't blame Bishop for Dre's subject matter, he just writes about what he's asked to do.

anyway, the mixtape argument is bullshit. you stated in the other post that bishop's subject matter is limited, which is not true.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Slim has your typical gangster subject matter (Game, 50) but Bishop is just as limited. All he raps about is how rap sucks or bitches.

That's incorrect and you know it unless you've skipped over most of his music. Can't Figure It Out, Everyday, Sometimez, American Dreams, Home, Friends, Anything, Land of the Free, Change is Gonna Come, etc. That's in addition to the standard topics that every other New West rapper does.

That was all early mixtape shit. I'm talking about his official attempts at singles or what we've heard from the alleged album so far (Bitches On My Dick, Feel On It, Grow Up, If You Don't Know The Code...). Even his Dre ghost written songs were typical Dre subject matter, really expected something different from him. Just my 2 cents.

Another statement that's blatantly incorrect. Half of those songs I listed were from this year.

Are you seriously gonna call him limited based on his "attempts at singles"? I mean look at what you just said: "attempts at singles." They are obviously intended to be more appealing to the mainstream. Its funny cause two of those songs you called singles were never pushed as singles. That's one of the reasons I like Bishop, because he can make songs targeted at the mainstream and also speak on some real shit. In that sense he's actually less limited than the artists who only do one or the other.

And are you seriously complaining about one song he ghostwrote for Dre? (cause one song is all we've heard so far right?) How does that have anything to do with Bishop's subject matter? He wrote a song for the man who has rapped exclusively about blunts and bitches his whole career.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well for one Rebel claimed how Bishop's version of Detox was different that what we're hearing now, as in more conscious or whatever, when the so far leaked ghostwritten songs prove otherwise. My point I was trying to make, maybe I said it a wrong aspect, that Bishop's subject matter was becoming more and more like your typical mainstream artist. He went from Caltroit to his last single being a track called If You Don't Know The Code and wanted to feature 50 Cent. Change in subject matter much ? Or Feel On It, the track that was the first representation of The Reformation album. That's why I've been always saying that he should go independent, get some beats from Black Milk, Elzhi... that's his lane. I just don't think he got what it takes to be recognized on a mainstream level and him getting dropped was basically a great thing for him because he was turning into another 50 Cent at Aftermath.

So basically Bishop's Aftermath subject matter is limited.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Now that's a way more reasonable argument to make. I still have to mostly disagree though.

Imo he's become way more versatile and a much better artist during his time at Aftermath. Pre-Aftermath we had Who I Gotta Kill to Get a Record Deal, which was way more limited content-wise than any of the street albums he dropped while on Aftermath.

As far as the supposed singles for The Reformation, well they were intended to be singles. He isn't going to be speaking on some serious issues for a song he was trying to get some airplay off of. Bishop has never been a completely conscious rapper. He's not exactly a commercial rapper either. He's a little bit of both mixed together and I think the music that has come out over the years shows that perfectly.  My guess is that The Reformation would have been a healthy mix of mainstream tracks and serious songs.

Even off Aftermath I doubt he will stop making those mainstream goofy tracks. After all he's been doing it his whole career.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:59:24 AM by THE RAPTURE »

Digital Pimpin'

He isn't going to be speaking on some serious issues for a song he was trying to get some airplay off of.

Exactly, plus Dr. Dre produced lead singles aren't usually the type of beats you can spit lyrics like Everyday on.

Matty

lil Matty is still tucked away, in that mansion, bumping get paid :D

i know all the lyrics.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Well for one Rebel claimed how Bishop's version of Detox was different that what we're hearing now, as in more conscious or whatever, when the so far leaked ghostwritten songs prove otherwise. My point I was trying to make, maybe I said it a wrong aspect, that Bishop's subject matter was becoming more and more like your typical mainstream artist. He went from Caltroit to his last single being a track called If You Don't Know The Code and wanted to feature 50 Cent. Change in subject matter much ? Or Feel On It, the track that was the first representation of The Reformation album. That's why I've been always saying that he should go independent, get some beats from Black Milk, Elzhi... that's his lane. I just don't think he got what it takes to be recognized on a mainstream level and him getting dropped was basically a great thing for him because he was turning into another 50 Cent at Aftermath.

So basically Bishop's Aftermath subject matter is limited.
fair enough, should have posted this the first time ;)

but like rapture said, he made certain type of songs since the beginning.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
finally...

+1

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

dameons

Vito Iragorri  was just taliking on KMEL radio in Northern Cali and said a few things about Detox .The DJ's were all over his ass about Dre's album , but he deflected most details . He did , however , say a few things about the potential tracklisting of Detox ...He said that the tracklisting is selected and the album is almost done as far as mixing ..The cover is neon green and black ( funny how that is opposite of the 2001 album ). Xzibit , Ice Cube  , and  Nas made the final cut , but many more features from the east are on there as well .So that means Jigga and Beyonce , I bet ..East Coast repped strongly on this album , GUARANTEED . He also said February was just a rumor as far as a release date goes.. VITO

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
I can see why Dre dropped this lame bitch
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

why do you listen to every one of his songs?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

why do you listen to every one of his songs?
lol, he's a bot.