Author Topic: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class  (Read 2865 times)

mvwi1

• Lil Geezy
Re: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 01:37:02 PM »
Quote from: OG Will_B
Don't forget the teeny bopper crossover audience can = massive sales.

This is 2010, some people out there never heard of Dre as an artist or plain forgot bout him lol.

Dre said it was a leak, he was playing it safe. Drop a crossover track first, get some airplay.

Get massive sales too for a leaked track that was never meant for release. How often does that happen?

Things might just work out that way.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
but this is still a weak crossover track for dre.

Hardly a weak track. I don't like rating shit on forums as cats all have different ideas on whats hot - it's an 8.5/10 for me though. :D

definitely not weak by standards of music out today, but against tracks like 'in da club', 'how we do', 'rich girl' etc. just thought there would be ample heaters for even buzz singles to really be killing it. i was wrong.

now where is that finished version of shit popped off :cow:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
Jeez Matty, you're really trying to get your point across aren't you. Was another new thread about it really necessary ?

Kush is dope. I don't know what your problem with Dre's verse is, that's a classic "I'm the shit" Dre verse. If I'm not mistaken you and I both agreed when the Power Beats add was playing that this beat was slapping (before knowing this would turn out to be Kush). He is playing it safe though, especially when the more experimental, techno influenced Under Pressure got terrible feedback across the board. Kush is like a  safe westcoast version of your typical Dre influenced piano, lowrider beat with a little bit of 2010 twist to it. And it's getting positive feedback, that's all that matters to him at the end of the day, hence shooting the vid and everything.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
And lol at saying Under Pressure is better. Dre sounded so awkward on that joint. Looks like you're having that classic internet message board mentality where everything that's either underground, unfinished, released criticized and forgotten but then after a while better than the official shit... basically everything is better than the official version. Basically if the situation as reversed (Kush being the flop single and Under Pressure being the official one), people would make threads how finished Kush track would sound better than Under Pressure. People over analyze things too much nowadays.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 02:10:09 PM »
Jeez Matty, you're really trying to get your point across aren't you. Was another new thread about it really necessary ?

Kush is dope. I don't know what your problem with Dre's verse is, that's a classic "I'm the shit" Dre verse. If I'm not mistaken you and I both agreed when the Power Beats add was playing that this beat was slapping (before knowing this would turn out to be Kush). He is playing it safe though, especially when the more experimental, techno influenced Under Pressure got terrible feedback across the board. Kush is like a  safe westcoast version of your typical Dre influenced piano, lowrider beat with a little bit of 2010 twist to it. And it's getting positive feedback, that's all that matters to him at the end of the day, hence shooting the vid and everything.

oh fo sho!!!!! and trying to coax out some descriptions from different musical perspectives ;D

the beat definitely sounds more appealing without vocals.

wait for the amount of threads when detox actually drops! :cow:

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
i think Dre is not sure about the direction of his single, if you look at the creation of Under pressure for example.

by the way, Matty, you forgot to attach this song:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zG0ATtt_-d0?fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zG0ATtt_-d0?fs=1</a>

Ha, love Lench Mob, B Rizzy killed that hook

Yeah I dig Kush. It is what it is, a smokers anthem with a dope beat and Snoop and Dre, one of the best duos of all time. Is it Next Episode or The Wash? Nah but it is still banging to me.

Matty

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »
And lol at saying Under Pressure is better. Dre sounded so awkward on that joint. Looks like you're having that classic internet message board mentality where everything that's either underground, unfinished, released criticized and forgotten but then after a while better than the official shit... basically everything is better than the official version. Basically if the situation as reversed (Kush being the flop single and Under Pressure being the official one), people would make threads how finished Kush track would sound better than Under Pressure. People over analyze things too much nowadays.

Under Pressure may have been better in a finished form. Just speculating, but i think so. Neither are really what I'd like to hear. And this 'internet message board mentality' is just me being personal with the opinions and putting it out there. I thought you might give me a little more credit than the average message board hypocrite :P

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:44 PM »

wait for the amount of threads when detox actually drops! :cow:
Ha, that will be nice to see. First page full of [Detox]......         ...... ;)

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »
i think Dre is not sure about the direction of his single, if you look at the creation of Under pressure for example.

by the way, Matty, you forgot to attach this song:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zG0ATtt_-d0?fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zG0ATtt_-d0?fs=1</a>

Not to get off topic, but I just listened to the Guerillas In Tha mist album about a week ago  8)

About Kush, while not a bad song, to think that it's the single for one of the most anticipated albums in history is puzzling.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
i see where you're coming from. compared to some of the tracks coming out in the early 00s, it's definitely inferior.

but, like some people have said, it's bumpable. hopefully the next song to come will be something epic

Matty

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
i see where you're coming from. compared to some of the tracks coming out in the early 00s, it's definitely inferior.

but, like some people have said, it's bumpable. hopefully the next song to come will be something epic

definitely bumpable. i've had the shit on every day. doesn't make my a hypocrite but the opinion is mainly what i think about it from a wider perspective as i know it would get very limited spins in the future. i'd also presume dre would have improved his quality for his own project, not for it to be weaker than previous crossover tracks. too much expectation i guess.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »
^^^ I think that's the key homie, too much expectation. It looks like Dre was going to try and go in a different direction ala Under pressure, I Dominate, but the feedback from Under Pressure killed that shit dead, so now he's trying to play it safe and update his classic Westcoast sound. I love the track, but I think Detox is going to dissapoint a lot of people, the anticipation is so high that if it doesn't instantly give your ears an orgasm it will be viewed as a failure. I'm just enjoying the music, and for me Kush bumps. Like someone said though, 2 Game verses and a Snoop verse and would of been the perfect set up for RED

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 03:00:43 PM »

Under Pressure may have been better in a finished form. Just speculating, but i think so. Neither are really what I'd like to hear. And this 'internet message board mentality' is just me being personal with the opinions and putting it out there. I thought you might give me a little more credit than the average message board hypocrite :P

I do, I do. The whole post wasn't aimed directly at you but also at this sudden movement of some people being die hard Bishop Lamont fans now, when everybody was criticizing him when he was on Afermath. The whole "let's root for the under dog" mentality.

Lucifuge

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 03:08:37 PM »
^^^ I think that's the key homie, too much expectation. It looks like Dre was going to try and go in a different direction ala Under pressure, I Dominate, but the feedback from Under Pressure killed that shit dead, so now he's trying to play it safe and update his classic Westcoast sound. I love the track, but I think Detox is going to dissapoint a lot of people, the anticipation is so high that if it doesn't instantly give your ears an orgasm it will be viewed as a failure. I'm just enjoying the music, and for me Kush bumps. Like someone said though, 2 Game verses and a Snoop verse and would of been the perfect set up for RED

this is it. lock the topic. ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dameons

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
Track is crowded for sure , but is indeed a top notch instrumental .The beats is next level shit and will be good enough  to grab the attention of  general music fans .The lyrics are mediocre at best . I have a feeling he is gonna leave the video on the shelf and put something else out .There still isn't any reliable sources on the February release date , right ?