Author Topic: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class  (Read 2858 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
For Christs sake. Its Dre and Snoop over a sick beat. I've been waiting for that since 2002. Who cares if it isn't revolutionary if it recaptures the neck breaking coolness of the past? Its like Dre can't fucking win. If it isn't revolutionary, people hate. If it isn't something just like his last album, others hate. Regardless of what he drops, 2 years from now and beyond peeps would be clamoring for what he dropped on his last album. The industry is NEVER ahead of Dre. I hate country music, but if he dropped an album, I'd be a fan. I give the song a 9/10 based on my own personal expectation of Dr. Dre. And compared to EVERY OTHER hip hop song I've heard in the last 5 years, I'd give it a 10/10.

Portugoal

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 04:06:19 AM »
think that would be the best way for me to sum up why i'm not really down with this joint as much as some. buzz single or not, it just doesn't have the level of class i'd generally associate with a dre production. not the sound exactly...more the kind of sheen and polish to it. very surprising for his own single given how meticulous dude is. someone else made a thread about his beats from the core g-unit era...all those tracks shit on this one. its just nowhere near that level of quality. i highly doubt i'd ever want to play it far off the future.

so after all these beats and ideas that would have been saved this project...this is really one of the best 15/20? don't get me wrong it knocks and everything in its own way, but seems kind of watered down compared to a lot of his previous production. again not strictly to do with the sound, more the execution of the track with like the corny 1, 1, 1 shouts and all the heeeys and hooos. a bit crowded and messy. plus dre's drunk/angry sounding flow doesn't help. akon is a personal thing but i find his wailing annoying, always have. 'holla at my niggie'.

i'm still confident detox will have some super crazy ish, but this track seems like a really unusual way to get the ball rolling. very lacklustre and dissapointing. dre would have been better off canning this track altogether. 0/1 so far. you'd of expected the set-up for this album to be absolutely perfect, promo singles and all.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anticipointment

i don't want to hear excuses or justifications just if anyone thinks this track is something special or meets their expectations for the whole detox aura and why. or just flame me for having 'ridiculous' standards, 'reading into it too much' or not understanding what a buzz single is supposed to be ;D

if the next thing to drop off the project isn't absolutely insane...

Dude... Nothing, except maybe policitcs, is worth analyzing so much.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 07:10:14 AM »
You have zero credibility in this thread, your user name is detox is a myth lol

Yeah, but you have all the credibility in the world being from Australia  :P ;D  Fact is 1) Detox is a myth until Dre releases an album called Detox  ;) and 2) I said I wouldn't change my screen name if Detox does actually drop because it would be a bitch move of me to change my name when I'd be proven wrong.  I'm going to keep this name even if Detox drops because I'm not a biitch.  :)  Besides, my sig has been true for many years now, even if it might eventually no longer be true.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:11:54 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2010, 08:40:57 AM »
"Kush" is not the first average production by Dre in years to me. He kinda started to lose his touch in 2007 on 50's Curtis album to me.
2007 was the first year in years that he didn't produce a track that made me go  :o And then his productions on Relapse are nice but they still didn't made me go  :o
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »
I give the song a 9/10 based on my own personal expectation of Dr. Dre. And compared to EVERY OTHER hip hop song I've heard in the last 5 years, I'd give it a 10/10.

Exactly how much music have you listened to the past 5 years?  :D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »
Fact is 1) Detox is a myth until Dre releases an album called Detox  ;)

That's not how a myth works.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

It's how presenting evidence to contradict an argument works.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

illuminutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »
ya'll expecting way too much from DETOX....
People are waiting for Unicorns to come out of the Speakers.......
Life izza Beach & then U Swim!!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »

It's how presenting evidence to contradict an argument works.

Evidence? There's more evidence of Detox than there is of any other scheduled album.  :D

It doesn't even need to come out. Even if Detox were scrapped, it would be a canceled album, not a myth.

Will_B

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2010, 11:48:51 AM »
I like it how Detox is a myth but there was 11 years between Toy Story 2 and 3. No one said Pixar fell off ;D ;D ;D ;D

Portugoal

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »
I like it how Detox is a myth but there was 11 years between Toy Story 2 and 3. No one said Pixar fell off ;D ;D ;D ;D

Disney always comes through though.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »
Honestly I'd just rather hear Dr. Dre rap about smokin' weed, sendin' niggaz 2 kill people 4 short money, encouraging me 2 get drunk, DEATH ROW RECORDS, some politics, raps about hoes, and being able to literally shit and wipe his ass clean with fresh money.  Standard Dr. Dre shit but on some 2012 shit.  Darker beats, none of that "drink the kool aid" shit, real classy gangsta music like that Bugatti Boyz shit but mixed with that "OG 2 BG" shit, and ghetto ass sine wave synths mixed with some mexican stratocasters and harder sounding 808's than a Gucci Mane drum pattern but without tha Three 6 Mafia hi hats.  

as far as "Kush" goes, I'm sure i'll forget about when I get the rest of tha album.  The version with Game on it sounds better tho.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »

Dre created this "myth & monster" called Detox all by himself. He has continued to hype an album for over a decade knowing fans were anxiously waiting to hear the final product. Only God & Dre know how many variations of the album & tracks that were created to land a spot on this. I'm not sure if Dre intended to be the Geroge Lucas of rap, but he sure is now. Most people's expectations grew the longer he waited to put this out. To the point where now NOTHING he releases will be able to please everyone. That's what happens when you promote some mysterious project for so long.

Just my three cents  ;)

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2010, 01:30:07 PM »
Honestly I'd just rather hear Dr. Dre rap about smokin' weed, sendin' niggaz 2 kill people 4 short money, encouraging me 2 get drunk, DEATH ROW RECORDS, some politics, raps about hoes, and being able to literally shit and wipe his ass clean with fresh money.  Standard Dr. Dre shit but on some 2012 shit.  Darker beats, none of that "drink the kool aid" shit, real classy gangsta music like that Bugatti Boyz shit but mixed with that "OG 2 BG" shit, and ghetto ass sine wave synths mixed with some mexican stratocasters and harder sounding 808's than a Gucci Mane drum pattern but without tha Three 6 Mafia hi hats.  

as far as "Kush" goes, I'm sure i'll forget about when I get the rest of tha album.  The version with Game on it sounds better tho.

Good post. Lost all credibility with the last paragraph though ;D

Dre created this "myth & monster" called Detox all by himself. He has continued to hype an album for over a decade knowing fans were anxiously waiting to hear the final product. Only God & Dre know how many variations of the album & tracks that were created to land a spot on this. I'm not sure if Dre intended to be the Geroge Lucas of rap, but he sure is now. Most people's expectations grew the longer he waited to put this out. To the point where now NOTHING he releases will be able to please everyone. That's what happens when you promote some mysterious project for so long.

Just my three cents  ;)

Good point well made 8) 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »
Fuck that, Dr. Dre can meet ALL of tha expectations, its his choice of whether he wants to or not.  He can tha Lady Gaga route and plz only ONE demographic or he can do go 4 whut he knows and keep everybody happy, its all on him.  The mystique has kinda died down a little bit so its not like Detox is a fantasy anymore, he`s just got 2 do it justice.