Author Topic: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class  (Read 2862 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »
Everybody doesnt have tha same hypeful expectations as us core heads are.  I think most people arent expecting Detox to change tha game, everybody is just mainly expecting great music, Dre can do that, Im sure there`s alott`ve it in tha vaults.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
Everybody doesnt have tha same hypeful expectations as us core heads are.  I think most people arent expecting Detox to change tha game, everybody is just mainly expecting great music, Dre can do that, Im sure there`s alott`ve it in tha vaults.

now whut would be kinda tite is that if he released on tha stellar tracks in the years recording Detox (as THE Mixtape), like so:

01 - 2000 Introduction Interlude
02 - 2000 feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg
03 - 2001 feat. Eminem, Hittman, & X Zibit
04 - 2002 feat. Rakim, Ice Cube, & Truth Hurts
05 - 2003 feat. 50 Cent
06 - 2004
07 - 2005 feat. Game
08 - 2006 feat. Joell Ortiz & Stat Quo
09 - 2007 feat. Bishop Lamont
10 - 2008
11 - 2009 feat. Slim Tha Mobster
12 - 2010 feat. Snoop Dogg, Eminem, & 50 Cent
13 - 2011/2011 Outrolude

tha features are just extra shit i threw in there to "create it" a little bit.  it would be a metamorphosis of his sound and a representation of the Aftermath sound and brand.  You'd literally be able to hear him progress from 1 stage to tha next.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:04:43 PM by Respect This Pimpin' »

dopeascanbe

• 'G'
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
Honestly I'd just rather hear Dr. Dre rap about smokin' weed, sendin' niggaz 2 kill people 4 short money, encouraging me 2 get drunk, DEATH ROW RECORDS, some politics, raps about hoes, and being able to literally shit and wipe his ass clean with fresh money.  Standard Dr. Dre shit but on some 2012 shit.  Darker beats, none of that "drink the kool aid" shit, real classy gangsta music like that Bugatti Boyz shit but mixed with that "OG 2 BG" shit, and ghetto ass sine wave synths mixed with some mexican stratocasters and harder sounding 808's than a Gucci Mane drum pattern but without tha Three 6 Mafia hi hats.  

as far as "Kush" goes, I'm sure i'll forget about when I get the rest of tha album.  The version with Game on it sounds better tho.

Good Post.  the versions with Game (both) shits on the original version. Fuck the HATIN  :)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »
Honestly I'd just rather hear Dr. Dre rap about smokin' weed, sendin' niggaz 2 kill people 4 short money, encouraging me 2 get drunk, DEATH ROW RECORDS, some politics, raps about hoes, and being able to literally shit and wipe his ass clean with fresh money.  Standard Dr. Dre shit but on some 2012 shit.  Darker beats, none of that "drink the kool aid" shit, real classy gangsta music like that Bugatti Boyz shit but mixed with that "OG 2 BG" shit, and ghetto ass sine wave synths mixed with some mexican stratocasters and harder sounding 808's than a Gucci Mane drum pattern but without tha Three 6 Mafia hi hats.  

as far as "Kush" goes, I'm sure i'll forget about when I get the rest of tha album.  The version with Game on it sounds better tho.

Good Post.  the versions with Game (both) shits on the original version. Fuck the HATIN  :)

it doesn't "Shit" on it but with him in the mix it turned out better. 

Anunikke

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »
Kush is great, you just expected too much.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2010, 04:30:07 PM »

sorry ikke but i disagree - I think the song is very boring
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2010, 02:40:46 AM »
nope

Fact is 1) Detox is a myth until Dre releases an album called Detox  ;)

That's not how a myth works.

It's how presenting evidence to contradict an argument works.
lay off the crack

Anunikke

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 03:19:50 AM »

sorry ikke but i disagree - I think the song is very boring
Great beat, great vibe.

Matty

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 05:28:35 AM »
Make Up Sex is more banging 8)

That's right, a leftover and corny Game R&B style joint has a harder hitting beat than the first single for Detox.

My pesonal experience is that non hip-hop people are feeling that one way more than Kush too.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 06:00:20 AM »
think that would be the best way for me to sum up why i'm not really down with this joint as much as some. buzz single or not, it just doesn't have the level of class i'd generally associate with a dre production. not the sound exactly...more the kind of sheen and polish to it. very surprising for his own single given how meticulous dude is. someone else made a thread about his beats from the core g-unit era...all those tracks shit on this one. its just nowhere near that level of quality. i highly doubt i'd ever want to play it far off the future.

so after all these beats and ideas that would have been saved this project...this is really one of the best 15/20? don't get me wrong it knocks and everything in its own way, but seems kind of watered down compared to a lot of his previous production. again not strictly to do with the sound, more the execution of the track with like the corny 1, 1, 1 shouts and all the heeeys and hooos. a bit crowded and messy. plus dre's drunk/angry sounding flow doesn't help. akon is a personal thing but i find his wailing annoying, always have. 'holla at my niggie'.

i'm still confident detox will have some super crazy ish, but this track seems like a really unusual way to get the ball rolling. very lacklustre and dissapointing. dre would have been better off canning this track altogether. 0/1 so far. you'd of expected the set-up for this album to be absolutely perfect, promo singles and all.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anticipointment

i don't want to hear excuses or justifications just if anyone thinks this track is something special or meets their expectations for the whole detox aura and why. or just flame me for having 'ridiculous' standards, 'reading into it too much' or not understanding what a buzz single is supposed to be ;D

if the next thing to drop off the project isn't absolutely insane...

Dude... Nothing, except maybe policitcs, is worth analyzing so much.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »
we get it man , Shit popped off is better and the Outta Control remix beat is how Detox should sound  :laugh:

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 06:19:17 AM »
ya'll expecting way too much from DETOX....
People are waiting for Unicorns to come out of the Speakers.......

lmao! exactly this!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 06:28:41 AM »
Its Dre and Snoop over a sick beat. I've been waiting for that since 2002.

2002?  Didn't Dre and Snoop hook up for IMAGINE on BCT?  Imagine kills Kush IMO

Matty

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 07:05:27 AM »
we get it man , Shit popped off is better and the Outta Control remix beat is how Detox should sound  :laugh:

yup :laugh:

just noticed that outta control remix actually seems to be a very early blueprint for these new style beats (only make up sex and kush so far). maybe dre has been listening :laugh: 8)

The_Offence

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 07:53:48 AM »
kush is really disapointing, dre brings nothing new to the table
does he ever bring anything new to the table ? dre was always a weak rapper. beats carried him most of his career so i don't understand why niggaz got a problem with it now.