Author Topic: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class  (Read 2863 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 07:58:35 AM »
The Wash >>>>>>>
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »
kush is really disapointing, dre brings nothing new to the table
does he ever bring anything new to the table ? dre was always a weak rapper. beats carried him most of his career so i don't understand why niggaz got a problem with it now.
dont be fuckin pathetic, you wanna say that Dre never made anything fresh? "The Chronic", and specially "2001"?

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »
Kush is great, you just expected too much.
Fact is 1) Detox is a myth until Dre releases an album called Detox  ;)

That's not how a myth works.

It's how presenting evidence to contradict an argument works.
lay off the crack

LOL nope  8) 8) 8)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »
ya'll expecting way too much from DETOX....
People are waiting for Unicorns to come out of the Speakers.......

i'm expecing nothing but good music. it may be simple music (like 2001), it may be complex music. i don't care until it's good rap music.
If I Need A Doctor and Kush are Detox tracks then i'm disappointed because these tracks are far from good rap music.
I was anticipating Detox but now i predict a flop....

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »
I don't expect it to be good cuz it took a long time to make. I expect it to be good because it's the D.R.E . It's an album by the man responsible for some of the sickest tracks in hiphop history. Like 90% of Dre produced tracks between 1987 and 2007 are very good or classic, so of course I expect something very good or classic. Just like when Martin Scorsese has a new movie out I expect it to be very good or classic for example.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:46:39 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

antontheradio

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2010, 09:03:10 AM »
I can agree that the song is better than most of the mainstream crap out there, but I wouldn't say its that much better. The track is still wack. I dont think it has nearly as much replay value as Nuthin But a G Thang and Still D.R.E. For a single on an album with this much anticipation, I'm rather disappointed and it's not because I have high expectations. I'm sure there will be some dope tracks on the album still. But this single is a fail.

Matty

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
some good comments. seems to me like some people's expectations are far too low and that dre is getting judged by the standards of terrible mainstream music in recent times.

but it's preference whether you think this track is merely average/good or great. imo no way is this a great track, the very least i would expect from dre. more like good, perhaps bordering on very good. ie crap by dre standards. akon is only on it cause he's a real player in interscope-ville. the beat sounded hot as a background beat in an ad, but far less impressive in final song form and as an actual single. anticipointment.

but still, i don't believe this is the real shit. more a product of interscope's corny marketing strategy and dre's willingness to please jimmy. it should be obvious when dre drops something of far higher quality that makes this track seem crappy in comparison. or he's just completely lost it. naaaaaaah :laugh:

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »
or he's just completely lost it. naaaaaaah :laugh:
8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2010, 12:14:58 PM »
we get it man , Shit popped off is better and the Outta Control remix beat is how Detox should sound  :laugh:
;D

Make Up Sex is more banging 8)

That's right, a leftover and corny Game R&B style joint has a harder hitting beat than the first single for Detox.

My pesonal experience is that non hip-hop people are feeling that one way more than Kush too.
you need a doctor

some good comments. seems to me like some people's expectations are far too low and that dre is getting judged by the standards of terrible mainstream music in recent times.

but it's preference whether you think this track is merely average/good or great. imo no way is this a great track, the very least i would expect from dre. more like good, perhaps bordering on very good. ie crap by dre standards. akon is only on it cause he's a real player in interscope-ville. the beat sounded hot as a background beat in an ad, but far less impressive in final song form and as an actual single. anticipointment.

but still, i don't believe this is the real shit. more a product of interscope's corny marketing strategy and dre's willingness to please jimmy. it should be obvious when dre drops something of far higher quality that makes this track seem crappy in comparison. or he's just completely lost it. naaaaaaah :laugh:
well under pressure was scrapped, so i think you need to point the finger at Dre for kush

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
he released this single because smoking weed is cool again.

it took a back seat thru the late part of the past decade to thizz, and syrup and  perscription drugs and shit but with wiz and currensey having strong movements and they seemingly have the ear of the youth it makes sense that dre would put kush out.

hes reintroducing himself to the kids.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
I think Dr. Dre made it clear that he was not intending to release this song. He clearly states that the song is nothing like the album. Is he lying? Probably, but he said that the only reason he decided to go with it, was because people seemed to like it. I also read that this track is only a WARMUP and not the official first single of the album. He usually brings out another video right before the release of the album and I don't think he has a release date yet. So we can expect to hear more shit coming soon and maybe it will be different than this. AKON was a mistake in my opinion. I'm tired of that bitch, especially after his comments on Nate Dogg. The fucker has the same tone and delivery in all of his bars and hopefully Dr. DRe discard that track from the album. I can honestly say I did like the beat, but i will agree that it is nothing spectacular. I like the combination of Dre and Snoop, which never gets old but i agree that it was not the track that was going to blow everyones mind. It's a cool track but im sure Dr. Dre is coming back with some heaters soon.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Matty

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
I think Dr. Dre made it clear that he was not intending to release this song. He clearly states that the song is nothing like the album. Is he lying? Probably, but he said that the only reason he decided to go with it, was because people seemed to like it. I also read that this track is only a WARMUP and not the official first single of the album. He usually brings out another video right before the release of the album and I don't think he has a release date yet. So we can expect to hear more shit coming soon and maybe it will be different than this. AKON was a mistake in my opinion. I'm tired of that bitch, especially after his comments on Nate Dogg. The fucker has the same tone and delivery in all of his bars and hopefully Dr. DRe discard that track from the album. I can honestly say I did like the beat, but i will agree that it is nothing spectacular. I like the combination of Dre and Snoop, which never gets old but i agree that it was not the track that was going to blow everyones mind. It's a cool track but im sure Dr. Dre is coming back with some heaters soon.

you might be right. but what would you say if 'i need a doctor' was the next single and is from detox?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2011, 02:13:35 PM »
I like it how Detox is a myth but there was 11 years between Toy Story 2 and 3. No one said Pixar fell off ;D ;D ;D ;D

Disney always comes through though.

True Disney never fails.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »

you might be right. but what would you say if 'i need a doctor' was the next single and is from detox?

Im pretty sure that shit won't be the next single. I also can't understand why people keep trying to compare this track with "nothing but a g thang" or "still d.r.e"?? That time was totally different. Chronic came out when the WEST was on fire and on top of the world. Everything got MAD play those days. And Still D.R.E. was Dre's great comeback and that West Coast sound was still alive. Music is completely different now and im actually surprised Dre is getting this much air play when you compare all the crap on radio right now. Dre has the balls to still keep it OG and not worry about going with the trend now a days.

dexter

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »