Author Topic: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class  (Read 2842 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
Of course it has no class, Dre is an old man, he should be doing sth different than songs about weed. This Gangster Rap formula is played out, I would expect from Cube, Dre et al sth. innovative...
It's embarassing... Instead of showing some maturity they still have to act Gangsta in front of their die hard fans they got left.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
Of course it has no class, Dre is an old man, he should be doing sth different than songs about weed. This Gangster Rap formula is played out, I would expect from Cube, Dre et al sth. innovative...
It's embarassing... Instead of showing some maturity they still have to act Gangsta in front of their die hard fans they got left.

thats exactly how I feel!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »

how is smoking weed gangsta?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »

its not about it being gangsta, but when u hit a certain age, there are some stuff that u cant really say or do, you get more mature . smoking weed may look good when ur young but when you are almost 50 people expect you to bring more interesting stuff.. but that is a problem in gansta rap

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
Has no class??? Have you heard some of the shit that gets played now a days?
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »

its not about it being gangsta, but when u hit a certain age, there are some stuff that u cant really say or do, you get more mature . smoking weed may look good when ur young but when you are almost 50 people expect you to bring more interesting stuff.. but that is a problem in gansta rap

How so? Even if there is a certain age limit to things, smoking weed ain't one of them. Actually the most famous potheads are/were old ass dudes. I mean damn, Tommy Chong was 40 when the first Cheech and Chong movie came out. And that was the beginning of his career. Snoop, Bob Marley, Willie Nelson, etc etc. Weed definitely isn't a young man's thing.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2011, 05:38:17 AM »

How so? Even if there is a certain age limit to things, smoking weed ain't one of them. Actually the most famous potheads are/were old ass dudes. I mean damn, Tommy Chong was 40 when the first Cheech and Chong movie came out. And that was the beginning of his career. Snoop, Bob Marley, Willie Nelson, etc etc. Weed definitely isn't a young man's thing.

Lol Bob Marley is the best example you could give. Of course he smoked like a chimney, but the point is that he had more to offer than childish songs about weed. Dre is riding weed since he realized that it became cool with the success of Snoop and co. Sorry but it's not very crative and original to rap about the same thing for 20 + years. I mean, Al Green or the Isley Brothers can sing about love for like 50 years,  but rapping about weed and defending the Gangsta image isn't very creative. I thought Dre and Cube were pretty smart for Gangsta Rappers, so I hoped they would be able to progress and have sth more to tell, but obviously they don't want to breach out their corner. It doesn't matter if you're old and smoke weed, but I think it's pretty sad if you don't have more to offer in your music.
On 2001 the sound was atleast fresh which can't be said about Kush.

And of course weed has sth to do with being Gangsta, it's an integral part of 'Gangsta culture' (or atleast the portrayal of it) If it's in movies or Gangsta Rap, weed is always portrayed as the 'cool drug' while crack is the drug for the fuck ups.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:40:21 AM by still not decided »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2011, 09:10:36 AM »

Lol Bob Marley is the best example you could give. Of course he smoked like a chimney, but the point is that he had more to offer than childish songs about weed. Dre is riding weed since he realized that it became cool with the success of Snoop and co. Sorry but it's not very crative and original to rap about the same thing for 20 + years. I mean, Al Green or the Isley Brothers can sing about love for like 50 years,  but rapping about weed and defending the Gangsta image isn't very creative. I thought Dre and Cube were pretty smart for Gangsta Rappers, so I hoped they would be able to progress and have sth more to tell, but obviously they don't want to breach out their corner. It doesn't matter if you're old and smoke weed, but I think it's pretty sad if you don't have more to offer in your music.
On 2001 the sound was atleast fresh which can't be said about Kush.

And of course weed has sth to do with being Gangsta, it's an integral part of 'Gangsta culture' (or atleast the portrayal of it) If it's in movies or Gangsta Rap, weed is always portrayed as the 'cool drug' while crack is the drug for the fuck ups.

If you want to complain about Dre having limited subject matter go ahead, but it shouldn't have anything to do with his age. He's rapped about the same topics his whole career. You're blind if you're only now realizing this. Dre ain't no Bob Marley and he never has been.

And weed has no more to do with "gangsta culture" than it does with hippie culture or rock culture. Its the most common recreational drug that damn near everyone has partook in.

Muhfukka

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
europe :grumpy:

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »
Has no class??? Have you heard some of the shit that gets played now a days?
And does the fact that radio plays total shit today, make Kush better? Its a good record, done very well, but great point is that it has no that much of class like Dre's older records. But its still very good track. Like it a lot.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
We will look back in a few years and call Kush a dope record, why it's not as good as what i expected from Dre - it's 124362452 times better than most of the other shit on the radio.

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »
Another hate on DRE Day Thread Yeeeah! Wait a min I thought it was Martin Luther King Jr day?? Hmmmm?  ??? Anyhow I don't even have to look at this thread to know its just another hate on Dre when he still doing his thing!

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!

Matty

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
We will look back in a few years and call Kush a dope record, why it's not as good as what i expected from Dre - it's 124362452 times better than most of the other shit on the radio.

nah, i'd rather bump the unfinished Shit Popped Off Demo over this. there should still be some dope tracks on the album, but 'I Need A Doctor' isn't one either. so it comes down to hoping more than 3/4 of the joints on Detox are up to scratch. thing is 2001 had a really cohesive sound. we'll see, but at the mo it seems like Dre is watering his shit down to please the 'office' peeps. weak.

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

nah, i'd rather bump the unfinished Shit Popped Off Demo over this. there should still be some dope tracks on the album, but 'I Need A Doctor' isn't one either. so it comes down to hoping more than 3/4 of the joints on Detox are up to scratch. thing is 2001 had a really cohesive sound. we'll see, but at the mo it seems like Dre is watering his shit down to please the 'office' peeps. weak.
Alright alright! Im' just saying I been reading alot of threads on dre and so far its been the same on most ends people complaining they don't like the new Dre like when people were complaining they didin't like the new Quik sound with Kurupt the Blackout! People need to open their eyes to real artistry when they are trying to expand their talent and work with new sounds and create something differnt then doing the same thing that they already done!

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!