Author Topic: Race & Intelligence: The Last Taboo of Science  (Read 757 times)

Fraxxx

Re: Race & Intelligence: The Last Taboo of Science
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »
There is a lot of wasted genius out there. Some of the most intelligent people Ive ever known didnt have college degrees. And on the other hand, some of the biggest morons Ive ever known had degrees. Intelligence always seems to be measured by pieces of paper. The level of formal education is always lower based on economic status. Unfortunately (especially in America), economic status and race go hand in hand.

This! Sure, I also know a lotta intelligent people with common sense AND degrees but those who really think outside the box often don't fit in the system.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 07:54:23 PM »
They are still looking at this. You "race" has everything to do with your phenotype (outward appearance that's expressed via DNA) and nothing to do with your intelligence. Basic genetics right there.

This topic is a fail.

http://technosquare.blogspot.com/2009/06/researchers-identify-gangsta-gene.html

Fraxxx

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
They are still looking at this. You "race" has everything to do with your phenotype (outward appearance that's expressed via DNA) and nothing to do with your intelligence. Basic genetics right there.

This topic is a fail.

I love how they used a picture of Public Enemy here. :D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 01:49:14 AM »

This topic is a fail.

I love how they used a picture of Public Enemy here. :D

Public Enemy was a well known, ruthless gang....responsible for many classic hip hop tracks
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 03:10:03 AM »
There is a lot of wasted genius out there. Some of the most intelligent people Ive ever known didnt have college degrees. And on the other hand, some of the biggest morons Ive ever known had degrees. Intelligence always seems to be measured by pieces of paper. The level of formal education is always lower based on economic status. Unfortunately (especially in America), economic status and race go hand in hand.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »

How u goan give Sikotic credit for my shit?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 05:21:56 AM »
My ex-girlfriend is black and she's going to have her PHD in psychology next year, one of my best friends is is black, too, he's a foreign languages correspondent and studying Economics, his sister, also a good friend is getting her PHD right now. Real life observations my ass, it's all about your environment.

And that is fucked up for most in your bitch ass country, thank you for rap music anyways. 8)

Um, yes, real life observations.

He is a teacher, who sees certain races of students failing in the same ways time and time again, and says so.  Hence a real life observation.

This does not necessarily mean that because theyre black theyre stupid, but it does mean that there is a connection (indirect or direct) between race among other things (in this situation at this particular school) and academic performance.  He shouldnt be vilified for pointing it out.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
My ex-girlfriend is black and she's going to have her PHD in psychology next year, one of my best friends is is black, too, he's a foreign languages correspondent and studying Economics, his sister, also a good friend is getting her PHD right now. Real life observations my ass, it's all about your environment.

And that is fucked up for most in your bitch ass country, thank you for rap music anyways. 8)

He is a teacher, who sees certain races of students failing in the same ways time and time again, and says so.  Hence a real life observation.

This does not necessarily mean that because theyre black theyre stupid, but it does mean that there is a connection (indirect or direct) between race among other things (in this situation at this particular school) and academic performance.  He shouldnt be vilified for pointing it out.

Its important to see the connection between race and academic performance because it shows you where there are societal issues that need to be fixed. But academic performance and intelligence are two very different things.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »

Its important to see the connection between race and academic performance because it shows you where there are societal issues that need to be fixed. But academic performance and intelligence are two very different things.

Yeah social surroundings have alot to do with how any kid does in school.

For example, alotta times Asians do very well in school.  Is it because of their money or race?  No, its because in their culture, alot of the times their parents place value on education and succeeding in the school system (now obviously, there are exceptions).  Other cultures don't always place the same value on this (we can debate how much of this is the parents fault  and how much is societies but Im gonna put personal responsibility over society almost every time).  Really, it all starts with the parents and family structure, without that, the kids are usually fucked and dont care about school.  And when they have kids, they teach what theyve been taught (or not taught), and the cycle continues, good or bad.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup