Poll

Who will blow up next year ?

Yelawolf
15 (39.5%)
Wiz Khalifa
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: 2011 Yelawolf or Wiz Khalifa  (Read 746 times)

Elano

2011 Yelawolf or Wiz Khalifa
« on: December 07, 2010, 01:52:57 AM »
These are two of the hottest mcs right now and honestly I don't see other 'new' rappers around that can fuck with these two.
So the "battle" is between Yelawolf and Wiz Khalifa in my opinion.
Who will sell more records ? Who will sell more tickets ?  Who will get more covers on the main HH magazines ?

MistaNova

Re: 2011 Yelawolf or Wiz Khalifa
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 02:07:12 AM »
These are two of the hottest mcs right now and honestly I don't see other 'new' rappers around that can fuck with these two.

*Freddie Gibbs
*J. Cole
*Cory Gunz
*Pill
*K. Dot
*Donnis
*Mickey Factz
and loads more but I'm going to save myself the trouble since I know this forum isn't going to bother checking them out.

As for your poll, I'm going with Wiz Khalifa.

Elano

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 02:15:17 AM »

*Freddie Gibbs
*J. Cole
*Cory Gunz
*Pill
*K. Dot
*Donnis
*Mickey Factz
and loads more but I'm going to save myself the trouble since I know this forum isn't going to bother checking them out.

all the rappers on your list are dpoe but....honestly,i don't think they can compete with Yelawolf and Khalifa

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:22:09 AM »
all the rappers on your list are dpoe but....honestly,i don't think they can compete with Yelawolf and Khalifa

Maybe not them all but in terms of sales and concerts I think (with the right push from Jay-Z) J. Cole could easily beat Yelawolf.

Elano

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:29:53 AM »

Maybe not them all but in terms of sales and concerts I think (with the right push from Jay-Z) J. Cole could easily beat Yelawolf.

wiz khalifa has sold out every single show in the last 2 years....in my opinion him and yelawolf are much more interesting than J.cole and way better live.
i don't know what j.cole can do without jay z....

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:04:11 AM »

*Freddie Gibbs
*J. Cole
*Cory Gunz
*Pill
*K. Dot
*Donnis
*Mickey Factz

not in terms of popularity, but skills on the mic? gibbs, pill and cole are outshining both of them sorry. i like yelawolf a lot, he has great concepts and an original sound. khalifa? i cant really get into the dude. i really cut down on my weed smoking so maybe thats why. can you recommend his best songs? cause from what i hear so far he just sounds kinda corny.

Elano

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 03:42:46 AM »

*Freddie Gibbs
*J. Cole
*Cory Gunz
*Pill
*K. Dot
*Donnis
*Mickey Factz

not in terms of popularity, but skills on the mic? gibbs, pill and cole are outshining both of them sorry. i like yelawolf a lot, he has great concepts and an original sound. khalifa? i cant really get into the dude. i really cut down on my weed smoking so maybe thats why. can you recommend his best songs? cause from what i hear so far he just sounds kinda corny.

i don't find j.cole particularly skilled on the mic,out of that list in my opinion gibbs is the best.
there are a lot of skilled mcs that are not able to write a song that is not composed just by punchlines, to blow up you must be something more than just an mc....we are no more in the 90s.
About khalifa's best songs...i don't know...lately i like most of his songs

Young Old Head

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 05:30:44 AM »
yelawolf just sold 5k of his first major project :-X

Cash Money Blood Gang

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:50:41 AM »
Wiz already has a pretty massive following. On Facebook people I know that aren't Hip Hop heads still bump his shit.

So he easily takes this poll for who will blow up.

As to whose better, I don't know, Wiz is cool, but he's a fairly average artist; Yela probably has more potential.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »
Wiz has almost a Snoop like quality, well weed included but he just seems to be a real cool and down to earth guy.

Yelawolf I think he would need a MONSTER single to really get people to start checking for him heavy outside his current demographic. Lyrically sound though I dig his shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
Yela probably has more potential.

I finally took the time to listen to one of his songs on youtube....  :-X

Seriously?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »
Yela probably has more potential.

I finally took the time to listen to one of his songs on youtube....  :-X

Seriously?

In terms of being a better rapper & not "more popular"? I think so. Not because Yela is great, but because Wiz is just moderately average lol.

Yela is a weird dude though lmfao.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »

*Freddie Gibbs
*J. Cole
*Cory Gunz
*Pill
*K. Dot
*Donnis
*Mickey Factz

Give me XV over everybody on that list besides Cole.

But in terms of blowing up Wiz has the best chance, again, besides Cole.

EDIT: Forgot Mac Miller too. He actually got some play around here. Plus he's white, he has a chance to do nicely with the right single.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
Black and yellow, black and yellow, back and yellow!!!

You know what it is!!!

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »
Wiz Khalifa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

elano's a fag
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.