Author Topic: Fat Joe PRAISES Tech N9ne says he could be one of the richest rappers on EARTH  (Read 1807 times)

_TLD_

• 'G'
and I bought that cd................anyway tech n9ne dont get NO credit, same for ICP and their labels, Necro "pscylogical records, 1989", Kottonmouth Kings "suburban noize records"

Joey Crack is the latest Rap star to acknowledge Tech N9ne, 11 years after the "Thicker Than Water" soundtrack look.

Eleven years ago, Fat Joe starred alongside Mack 10 in Thicker Than Water. The Hoo Bangin' Films release had a companion soundtrack that featured east and west coast stars, rhyming together including Memphis Bleek, Westside Connection and MC Eiht. A newer rapper at the time, Tech N9ne, would appear on the solo track "Planet Rock."

Over a decade later, Fat Joe recently praised Tech N9ne for his ability to pack venues and remain commercially successful without mainstream support."I'm going to tell you who the biggest artist in America is that nobody really knows about: Tech 9ne. He tours all year round and I go to his shows and there's always 5,000 dudes mashing it up and everything," Joe recently told Global Grind. "He could be one of the richest rappers on earth because his following is incredible but you don't hear him on the radio." Joe called Tech N9ne a true "genius of marketing."

Earlier this year, Tech N9ne's The Gates Mixed Plate outsold Fat Joe's The Darkside, Volume 1, as both debuted on the same week. The emcees have not worked on a released track together.

source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13277/title.fat-joe-praises-tech-n9ne-says-he-could-be-one-of-richest-rappers-on-earth/

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I'd praise Tech for being one the best rappers on Earth lol.

Anunikke

Fuck Off with your ICP.

Tech gets enough credit.
Necro gets his too.

_TLD_

• 'G'
fuck you with your ICP hatred. My boys moved more units than prob most everybody u like. I dont care if u hatem, but dont hate they success. Just like Tech, they been relevant for years and years and years and years, with no video no radio, and he pretty much molded his label after ICP's label right down to the merchandise, even goin after the juggalo demographic. ICP probably some of the richest rappers on earth.

Necro gets credit? From fucking who? What hip hop mags have gave him anything? I remember reading shit in Murder Dog but thats cuz they CATER to the juggalo demographic, wicked shit inc. No video play, no radio play. People dont even know his brother Ill Bill, and necro been pushin him for like a decade. Psychological and necro in general gets nothin. Thats why people need to givem his props. He's stayed relevant since 89 with no help.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
I'd praise Tech for being one the best rappers on Earth lol.
Yup!!

theremedy360

LOL @ ICP. The only thing more laughable than ICP is how hurt their fans get when others don't like them.

_TLD_

• 'G'
i'd agree tech a nina is probably the best rapper alive.

Triple OG Rapsodie

LOL @ ICP. The only thing more laughable than ICP is how hurt their fans get when others don't like them.

lol true dat. A couple weeks ago dude wrote a radiotube-length essay about ICP.

Anunikke

fuck you with your ICP hatred. My boys moved more units than prob most everybody u like. I dont care if u hatem, but dont hate they success. Just like Tech, they been relevant for years and years and years and years, with no video no radio, and he pretty much molded his label after ICP's label right down to the merchandise, even goin after the juggalo demographic. ICP probably some of the richest rappers on earth.

Necro gets credit? From fucking who? What hip hop mags have gave him anything? I remember reading shit in Murder Dog but thats cuz they CATER to the juggalo demographic, wicked shit inc. No video play, no radio play. People dont even know his brother Ill Bill, and necro been pushin him for like a decade. Psychological and necro in general gets nothin. Thats why people need to givem his props. He's stayed relevant since 89 with no help.

Who gives a shit about units.
ICP has just been relevant to pathetic juggalos like yourself.

Hip-hop magazines? it's twothousandfuckingten magazines don't have any credibility any more.

Tech N9ne appeals to pretty much every demographic, from juggalos to hip-hop heads to mainstream fans.

People don't even know who ill bill is? He released 1 certified classic album and released one of the best albums of this year.
Hip-Hop fans will give credit where credit is due.

You need to look up relevance because you can't be relevant and have nobody give you credit...

Jimmy H.

It's good to see that a lot of the mainstream is actually catching on to Tech N9ne. Whether you're a fan or not, the guy probably has the best work ethic in music and I think every fan of hip-hop needs to make it a point to see him perform live at least once. The guy puts on one of the most unbelievable live shows.

_TLD_

• 'G'
I could go on forever about this and that, how they ruled the billboard charts, indy charts, and all that this year, with no video or radio play, but im just gonna leave it at ICP is very successful and therefore by definition, for being successful for song long, they have longevity, relativity cuz their album with 4 on billboard 200 last year, rereleased it in 2010 and it went at number 50. Number 1 on indy charts first time around. 20 years plus and still goin strong, who's been as relevant for long in hip hop? Too short? Ice T? Cube? Who? Sure list isnt long

Paul

"Fuckin magnets, how do they work"

:-X

funkyfreshintheflesh

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Tech can thank Lil' Wayne for his buzz right now..

pretty sure Tech N9ne doesnt have the best work ethich in Hiphop though.. far from it..

_TLD_

• 'G'
far from it? Man you must not keep up with tech n9ne and his work ethic. Its 2nd to none. Maybe lil wayne or whoever, fill in the blank, work just as hard or a lil harder, but he's deffinatly in the top five. He's put in mad mad mad mad mad work to get where he's at.

BiggBoogaBiff

finally Fat Joe did something right, it's about time.