Author Topic: Fat Joe PRAISES Tech N9ne says he could be one of the richest rappers on EARTH  (Read 1808 times)

TRG

finally Fat Joe did something right, it's about time.

Acknowledging Tech N9ne is the best thing Joe has done in the past 5 years lol.

But Tech is one of the illest. He's been getting a lot of love lately, which is long overdue.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

far from it? Man you must not keep up with tech n9ne and his work ethic. Its 2nd to none. Maybe lil wayne or whoever, fill in the blank, work just as hard or a lil harder, but he's deffinatly in the top five. He's put in mad mad mad mad mad work to get where he's at.

he did alot of touring - but constructively and creatively, no - i disagree..

_TLD_

• 'G'
I also disagree. He stopped doin his party music type gang bangin stuff, and started doin wicked shit. He stopped grovveling at label exec's feet and started his own label.  He went out and signed acts to his label, pushed them, made them successfull on the indy scene and he's moved into big time merchandise. Reminds me of ICP to the T in Tech a nina. Tech even said in an interview he was a juggalo and didnt even know it. He modeled his label and merch after what ICP has done. HE SAID THAT. Who woulda thought when calm before the storm or that old stuff, would lead to Anghellic. Totally different styles/feel/everything. From anghellic on he's been doin wicked shit, he performs with ICP, crook, twiztid, proazk, almost all the horrocore rappers "king gordy, bizarre, the list goes onand on".

Tech created his new persona, workin with roger troutman, doin his facepaint, basically reincarnated himself into a differnet persona, more like himself than what he perviously did with his group shit and his first few albums. K.O.D. is a perfect example, entirely diff creative sound and way more well thought out, intuitive and personal than his earlier shit. Now he can tell a story, before he couldnt. Now he can outflow or flow with the best of them. I take Tech over Crook or Em or anybody, even Genesis record holder Twista.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
Tech has been painting his face since he started rapping in the early 90's, during his Nnutthowze days. It has nothing to do with ICP and those fucktards!

ICP has nothing to do with hip hop, they just do their own shit. Unless ur a juggalo no1 gives a fucka bout them........

Tech on the other hand covers hip hop, he's a great MC and wordsmith, got his bboy shit down and the best live shows.

ICP & Tech should never be mentioned together, it's an insult! He's said juggalos are part of his fam cause they show him luv and support that all, he ain't a  juggalo! The tracks he'd featured with Twizid, ICP, Gordy whatever, are the worst he's done. Glad those featured are on their albums and not his!

I don't care if u like ICP not everyone has taste but don't put Tech in that picture, they nowhere near on his level!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:28:06 AM by Regime*Rida »
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

Jimmy H.

he did alot of touring - but constructively and creatively, no - i disagree..
Well, on top of touring, he's been consistently putting out new solo and collabo albums regularly. He's dropping EP's, working on all his artists' projects, and really putting in work. There aren't too many cats who have been in the game as long as him that are putting in that kind of work ethic.

Elano

I'd praise Tech for being one the best rappers on Earth lol.

techn9ne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>joe budden

Anunikke

I could go on forever about this and that, how they ruled the billboard charts, indy charts, and all that this year, with no video or radio play, but im just gonna leave it at ICP is very successful and therefore by definition, for being successful for song long, they have longevity, relativity cuz their album with 4 on billboard 200 last year, rereleased it in 2010 and it went at number 50. Number 1 on indy charts first time around. 20 years plus and still goin strong, who's been as relevant for long in hip hop? Too short? Ice T? Cube? Who? Sure list isnt long
How are you pretending to be an underground fan?
You keep talking about Magazines and sales.

It's about the quality of the releases according to the rules of the respective genre.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Jimmy H

nope.

his documented catalgoue isnt impressive enuff to be called "great work-ethic"..
not conventionaly at least - and not comparing to other rappers..
he did alot of touring, which is somethin else.. i guess thats work-ethic too, but thats not what we're aiming for when discussing great work-ethic.. dont get it twisted - he's not a lab-rat.
"work-ethic" is contructive art, creative with your craft..
Snoop Dogg, Bizzy Bone, Daz Dillinger, Hi-Power Records, E-40, Moka Only, Kool Keith etc etc.. theres hundreds of rappers with a long lifespan in the business - with greater consitency than Tech n9ne..

the impression about Tech N9ne and his "work-ethic" (that it is above most rappers repertoïre), is over-exaggerated and overrated bullshit..

Anunikke

Jimmy H

nope.

his documented catalgoue isnt impressive enuff to be called "great work-ethic"..
not conventionaly at least - and not comparing to other rappers..
he did alot of touring, which is somethin else.. i guess thats work-ethic too, but thats not what we're aiming for when discussing great work-ethic.. dont get it twisted - he's not a lab-rat.
"work-ethic" is contructive art, creative with your craft..
Snoop Dogg, Bizzy Bone, Daz Dillinger, Hi-Power Records, E-40, Moka Only, Kool Keith etc etc.. theres hundreds of rappers with a long lifespan in the business - with greater consitency than Tech n9ne..

the impression about Tech N9ne and his "work-ethic" (that it is above most rappers repertoïre), is over-exaggerated and overrated bullshit..
First person I've seen who has heard of Tech N9ne and wasn't impressed with his discography.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Not at all, but I'll accept one or two ">" for Tech or an "=".

He is in the percentage of rap where if you think he's better, it's acceptable lol.

Anunikke

Not at all, but I'll accept one or two ">" for Tech or an "=".

He is in the percentage of rap where if you think he's better, it's acceptable lol.
Like you always say: If we're talking just rapping, no way can Joe Budden fuck with Tech.
Like comparing Kool G Rap to Lil B

Jimmy H.

I don't see work ethic as constructive art. I view it as the whole package. It's somewhat dependent on the job description. If your job is to produce music then that would likely mean being in the studio for a ridicilous amount of time but that's not the be-all-end. Touring is performing. There are probably artists who write and record more songs on a calender year than Tech but so what? Is someone who does 300 songs and phones it in for half of them a better worker than someone who does 250 and brings their A-game?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I think Joe certainly can lol.

What you call "emo" because you dislike Joe Budden is actually music with depth, meaning & focused.

I've heard plenty of Tech N9ne, he isn't always consistent with that. He's an amazing rapper, but makes plenty of average songs (check K.O.D.) & that's coming from a fan of him. Joe Budden has his share of average songs too, but if you enjoy his music, you'd say a small chunk of his album music is average.

You're the complete opposite of a "fan" so naturally a song I feel is "great" by Joe Budden, you say is "average" because you don't like his flow or he "sounds boring" or something irrelevant to the lyrical content.

So I don't know what you meant by "just rapping" whether it's making songs or battling, but I think Joe can hold his own in either. Not saying he would beat Tech, but not saying he would "obviously" lose. I guess, we'd have to listen to the music; something most of you should do & throw the bias out the window lol.

So bottom line, if you want to say "Tech at his best > Joe at his best", fine. I personally disagree, but I respect that being your opinion easily because Tech is awesome. But I would argue "Tech being more consistent than Budden".

jeanmiche777

Man... you compared ICP with Tech N9ne?

/close thread

Anunikke

I think Joe certainly can lol.

What you call "emo" because you dislike Joe Budden is actually music with depth, meaning & focused.

I've heard plenty of Tech N9ne, he isn't always consistent with that. He's an amazing rapper, but makes plenty of average songs (check K.O.D.) & that's coming from a fan of him. Joe Budden has his share of average songs too, but if you enjoy his music, you'd say a small chunk of his album music is average.

You're the complete opposite of a "fan" so naturally a song I feel is "great" by Joe Budden, you say is "average" because you don't like his flow or he "sounds boring" or something irrelevant to the lyrical content.

So I don't know what you meant by "just rapping" whether it's making songs or battling, but I think Joe can hold his own in either. Not saying he would beat Tech, but not saying he would "obviously" lose. I guess, we'd have to listen to the music; something most of you should do & throw the bias out the window lol.

So bottom line, if you want to say "Tech at his best > Joe at his best", fine. I personally disagree, but I respect that being your opinion easily because Tech is awesome. But I would argue "Tech being more consistent than Budden".
Just rapping means skill and the application of said skill.
Tech is one of the best technical rappers out there, joe can simply not compete just like you would call people mad for comparing crooked I to gucci.

Joe can hold his own? joe can't even make up his own rhyme schemes.