Author Topic: Fat Joe PRAISES Tech N9ne says he could be one of the richest rappers on EARTH  (Read 1812 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

I don't see work ethic as constructive art. I view it as the whole package. It's somewhat dependent on the job description. If your job is to produce music then that would likely mean being in the studio for a ridicilous amount of time but that's not the be-all-end. Touring is performing. There are probably artists who write and record more songs on a calender year than Tech but so what? Is someone who does 300 songs and phones it in for half of them a better worker than someone who does 250 and brings their A-game?

your missing the point - all the artist i mentioned performs as much as Tech (if not more) - plus, they got extremely big catalogues, unlike Tech N9ne).. plus, some of them are active with creativity in other fields in entertainment..

we're talkin about the whole package, just like u said - correct?

bein on the road for a year straight, performing songs (which is also "work-ethic") - doesnt equal a bigger work-ethic than everybody else..

work ethic for an artist - is first and foremost - constructive art/creative with your craft..
creations -- records, msuic, movies, fashion, literature, movie-scripts, production, EVERYTHING in between.. keywords, is "creating/producing something"..
its called "spiel (oder stirb)"..
an artist "creates"..

Anunikke

I don't see work ethic as constructive art. I view it as the whole package. It's somewhat dependent on the job description. If your job is to produce music then that would likely mean being in the studio for a ridicilous amount of time but that's not the be-all-end. Touring is performing. There are probably artists who write and record more songs on a calender year than Tech but so what? Is someone who does 300 songs and phones it in for half of them a better worker than someone who does 250 and brings their A-game?

your missing the point - all the artist i mentioned performs as much as Tech (if not more) - plus, they got extremely big catalogues, unlike Tech N9ne).. plus, some of them are active with creativity in other fields in entertainment..

bein on the road for a year straight, performing songs (which is also "work-ethic") - doesnt equal a bigger work-ethic than everybody else..

work ethic for an artist - is first and foremost - constructive art/creative with your craft..
creations -- records, msuic, movies, fashion, literature, movie-scripts, production, EVERYTHING in between.. keywords, is "creating/producing something"..
an artist "creates"..
most of those artist have had a record label for alonger time frame.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I think Joe certainly can lol.

What you call "emo" because you dislike Joe Budden is actually music with depth, meaning & focused.

I've heard plenty of Tech N9ne, he isn't always consistent with that. He's an amazing rapper, but makes plenty of average songs (check K.O.D.) & that's coming from a fan of him. Joe Budden has his share of average songs too, but if you enjoy his music, you'd say a small chunk of his album music is average.

You're the complete opposite of a "fan" so naturally a song I feel is "great" by Joe Budden, you say is "average" because you don't like his flow or he "sounds boring" or something irrelevant to the lyrical content.

So I don't know what you meant by "just rapping" whether it's making songs or battling, but I think Joe can hold his own in either. Not saying he would beat Tech, but not saying he would "obviously" lose. I guess, we'd have to listen to the music; something most of you should do & throw the bias out the window lol.

So bottom line, if you want to say "Tech at his best > Joe at his best", fine. I personally disagree, but I respect that being your opinion easily because Tech is awesome. But I would argue "Tech being more consistent than Budden".
Just rapping means skill and the application of said skill.
Tech is one of the best technical rappers out there, joe can simply not compete just like you would call people mad for comparing crooked I to gucci.

Joe can hold his own? joe can't even make up his own rhyme schemes.

Well what's skill to you? I'd saying rapping with a dope message & saying something with meaning is "skillful". Having wordplay that's more complex than just "I'm hot..fire" or something Drake or Lil' Wayne would create is "skillful".

& again, you're only hurting your argument by comparing Tech & Joe to "Crooked & Gucci". If that's really how you view Tech vs. Budden then discussing this with you is retarded. They are pretty close if you're hearing them both with unbiased ears.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
To butt into this "work ethic" argument..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but work ethic is taking what you have & perfecting it. Lil' Wayne reportedly is in the studio all the time making songs. Even if you don't like his music, he's taking what he has and trying to make it better.

For example, Michael Jordan staying two hours after a Bulls practice is "work ethic"; getting better.

I don't know, I'm seeing the word "creative" being thrown into it & I don't see where that fits. Being creative is a different category, in my opinion. Like Chamillionaire making a song like "Hip Hop Police" or "Morning News" is creative, but if he isn't constantly working on his craft, getting better that doesn't mean he has good work ethic, he just has a creative mind.

I could wake up tomorrow, have a great idea for a song for an artist to rap about that hasn't been done before, Tweet him about it, he can do it, but that doesn't mean he has great work ethic, he just appears creative.

I don't know what Tech does in between his albums, so I don't know his work ethic, but I wouldn't determine whether he does or doesn't based off of whether he has a new style or new content.

argumetn is -- Tech N9ne better work ethic than everybpodye else? no, definitely not..
touring is work-ethic, but not necsserialy what u should weigh and value as "more" or "more important", than the other creative aspects of an artist and its job..

most of the other artist i mentioned, contributes constructively and creatively in various crafts in entertainment -- combine that wit strict touring..
thats "work-ethic"..

people tend to look at Tech N9ne and his touring acchievements, and call him the "hardest working artist"

an artist "creates"..
most of those artist have had a record label for alonger time frame.

no, only one of the artis i mentioned is under a large umbrella - Snoop (and he still works harder than everybody else basicaly)
..but what u are tryin to say is??
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:15:43 PM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

I don't know, I'm seeing the word "creative" being thrown into it & I don't see where that fits. Being creative is a different category, in my opinion. Like Chamillionaire making a song like "Hip Hop Police" or "Morning News" is creative, but if he isn't constantly working on his craft, getting better that doesn't mean he has good work ethic, he just has a creative mind.

no dude, "creative" and "constructive" is in the same exact ballgame -- your talking about the word "creative" as in subjectivity ("better" or "worse"), and your aiming for the wrong defintion..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not following how touring plays into work ethic.

I mean, touring is pleasing your fans by rapping your best songs for them live. You're not getting better at your craft by touring, just getting money & showing your fans love.

Jimmy H.

I mean, touring is pleasing your fans by rapping your best songs for them live. You're not getting better at your craft by touring, just getting money & showing your fans love.
And I think this is a fairly common perception, not helped by the state of many live shows. A lot of these rappers do go out and karaoke their way through their best songs and give the city there in a cheap pop and fall back after 30-45 minutes. Maybe an hour if they are headlining. The simple act of touring is not honing your craft but I'd argue that neither is simply dropping a lot of albums and mixtapes without building on anything.

argumetn is -- Tech N9ne better work ethic than everybpodye else? no, definitely not..
touring is work-ethic, but not necsserialy what u should weigh and value as "more" or "more important", than the other creative aspects of an artist and its job..

most of the other artist i mentioned, contributes constructively and creatively in various crafts in entertainment -- combine that wit strict touring..
thats "work-ethic"..

people tend to look at Tech N9ne and his touring acchievements, and call him the "hardest working artist"
It's not about touring acheivments. It's about the quality of the live shows he puts on and the clear amount of hard work required by himself and the artists in his circle to put on such shows. I've seen a number of the artists you mentioned live and while they all did great, I'd say Tech blew them all away. His sets are usually considerably longer than most and given the fact that he has next to no national crossover hits, he's doing it all with live performance as opposed to song familairty.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^I personally don't think we can judge work ethic of a rapper unless we know what they are doing day to day.

The only reason I say Wayne has good work ethic is because members of his camp (could be lying) say that he's in the studio literally seven days a week. At some point during the day, he goes to the studio & works on something. If that's true, that's good work ethic.

I suppose you can sometimes tell bad work ethic, like 50 Cent. Once he made his millions, you saw a dramatic decline in his material & can almost tell that he rarely attempt to progress; just make music to keep his name out there & be relevant.

Elano

They are pretty close if you're hearing them both with unbiased ears.

This is an unbiased comment  ::)

And I think this is a fairly common perception, not helped by the state of many live shows. A lot of these rappers do go out and karaoke their way through their best songs and give the city there in a cheap pop and fall back after 30-45 minutes. Maybe an hour if they are headlining. The simple act of touring is not honing your craft but I'd argue that neither is simply dropping a lot of albums and mixtapes without building on anything.

thats "work-ethic"..

It's not about touring acheivments. It's about the quality of the live shows he puts on and the clear amount of hard work required by himself and the artists in his circle to put on such shows. I've seen a number of the artists you mentioned live and while they all did great, I'd say Tech blew them all away. His sets are usually considerably longer than most and given the fact that he has next to no national crossover hits, he's doing it all with live performance as opposed to song familairty.

your obvioulsy talkin from a subjective standpoint.
no show is better (objectively) than another show, cus u say/think so..

but i guess its logic, for Tech N9ne-fans to like Tech N9ne-shows...
just like Slipknot-fans like Slipknot-performances..

or how Britnery Spears-fans prefer Britney-shows..

****The simple act of touring is not honing your craft but I'd argue that neither is simply dropping a lot of albums and mixtapes without building on anything.*****

dropping 2 mixtapes, 1 album, 1 compilation every year - plus touring the country.. maybe some more stuff besides that - movies etc.. (E-40, Daz, Snoop etc etc etc)

thats bigger work-ethic than... ---------

simply touring the country and dropping one album every 2 years.. (Tech N9ne)

Jimmy H.

While certainly the argument of who puts on the best show is subjective, so is judging work ethic from an outside standpoint. The quantity of projects released is not necessarily a direct reflection of the amount of hard work put in. Obviously if I’m a Tech N9ne fan, I will enjoy a Tech show more than an artist I don’t like. However, of the artists I’ve seen live, a lot of them are artists who on a catalog level, I enjoy more than Tech so throw the “Tech fans like Tech shows” logic doesn’t work, especially since I know a handful of people who never heard one song from Tech before seeing him live and became fans afterward.

While certainly the argument of who puts on the best show is subjective, so is judging work ethic from an outside standpoint. The quantity of projects released is not necessarily a direct reflection of the amount of hard work put in. Obviously if I’m a Tech N9ne fan, I will enjoy a Tech show more than an artist I don’t like. However, of the artists I’ve seen live, a lot of them are artists who on a catalog level, I enjoy more than Tech so throw the “Tech fans like Tech shows” logic doesn’t work, especially since I know a handful of people who never heard one song from Tech before seeing him live and became fans afterward.

While certainly the argument of who puts on the best show is subjective, so is judging work ethic from an outside standpoint.
not really. you use objectivty..
its easy for people to understand from an outside standpoint, that artists like Lil Wayne, Moka Only and Snoop Dogg etc etc etc "work hard" - cause we're objectively lookin at their catalgoues..

The quantity of projects released is not necessarily a direct reflection of the amount of hard work put in.
yes, it usually is.
again, use objectivity -
a documented catalogue of released product reflects (generally and more likely) the level of work that the artist put in...

(((and there is no sense in - referencing an artists QUALITY as a performer (that you SUBJACTIVELY portray as "quality"), to validate your belief in him as a "hard-working" artist.)))

[/b]the “Tech fans like Tech shows” logic doesn’t work, especially since I know a handful of people who never heard one song from Tech before seeing him live and became fans afterward[/b]
it works fine and it is logic.
and the hadnful of Tech-blessed people that u know  - aren't enouugh, to certifiy this artists perfromances as certified quality.
its a subjective thing.. either u like the atist, or not.
I suppose Slipknot puts on a "better" performance than everybody else (like alot of people/critics say), but since im not a fan of their music -- the statement isnt carved in stone, so it cant be true.
 its all about subjectivity.

objectivty & subjectivty are 2 different things..
ya dig?

Anunikke

Well what's skill to you? I'd saying rapping with a dope message & saying something with meaning is "skillful". Having wordplay that's more complex than just "I'm hot..fire" or something Drake or Lil' Wayne would create is "skillful".

& again, you're only hurting your argument by comparing Tech & Joe to "Crooked & Gucci". If that's really how you view Tech vs. Budden then discussing this with you is retarded. They are pretty close if you're hearing them both with unbiased ears.
Things like deep and messages are subjective. What some consider deep messages some may consider ignorant bullshit.

To me skill in rapping means:
1. Clever wordplay. Those endless similies aren't usually that clever)
2. Lyricism. Having no problems finding rhymes.
3. Delivery.
4. Flow.
5. Ability to make a good album. Kind of subjective I know.
6. Originality (no biting).

Joe budden is lacking in most of these categories.

Whereas tech n9ne lacks in none.
He has bitten a line before but usually in a clever way

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^I can see an argument for delivery and flow. Even though I don't agree, the average fan would say he doesn't have the best of either of those.

But Budden strives in the rest of those categories.

I mean, if you're not a fan of his music, you wouldn't agree to him making good albums, but people who are the slightest fans of him would say Mood Muzik III, Mood Muzik IV, Halfway House & Padded Room are "good" albums.

& Tech has his great albums, but plenty of people, including major fans of his music said "K.O.D." had it's moments, but had plenty of filler.

So I'd say flow & delivery are what Tech has on Budden & the rest depends on your personal opinion.