Author Topic: Fat Joe PRAISES Tech N9ne says he could be one of the richest rappers on EARTH  (Read 1810 times)

Anunikke

^I can see an argument for delivery and flow. Even though I don't agree, the average fan would say he doesn't have the best of either of those.

But Budden strives in the rest of those categories.

I mean, if you're not a fan of his music, you wouldn't agree to him making good albums, but people who are the slightest fans of him would say Mood Muzik III, Mood Muzik IV, Halfway House & Padded Room are "good" albums.

& Tech has his great albums, but plenty of people, including major fans of his music said "K.O.D." had it's moments, but had plenty of filler.

So I'd say flow & delivery are what Tech has on Budden & the rest depends on your personal opinion.
Those albums are too monotone in my (and I guess most people's) opinion.
Tracks all sound too similar, Only time I've seen him break that was on MMIV with the TItants track & Great Escape with We Outta Here (Which I kept in heavy rotation).
Tech always has a good mix with different types of songs.

I'm not at all biased against Buddens, just respond a bit more negative to compensate for the behaviour of stans (I still think we need to give Budden fans a label like jugalos have...).

Budden a better lyricist? can't be, he's jacking jigga's rhyme patterns.
Originality? Reaching, dude is one of the most original artists since ODB

What do you consider filler on KOD?
Leave me alone was really the only song that didnt'fit in perfectly to the album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
In The Trunk
Pinocchiho
Horns
Low
Killing You
Check Yo Temperature
B-Boy

If he cut these, it would of made for a strong album.

Whatever, opinions are opinions.

BTW, I didn't say Budden was a better lyricist. But I don't think Tech is absurdly, significantly better.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
I'm not following how touring plays into work ethic.

I mean, touring is pleasing your fans by rapping your best songs for them live. You're not getting better at your craft by touring, just getting money & showing your fans love.
And I think this is a fairly common perception, not helped by the state of many live shows. A lot of these rappers do go out and karaoke their way through their best songs and give the city there in a cheap pop and fall back after 30-45 minutes. Maybe an hour if they are headlining. The simple act of touring is not honing your craft but I'd argue that neither is simply dropping a lot of albums and mixtapes without building on anything.

argumetn is -- Tech N9ne better work ethic than everybpodye else? no, definitely not..
touring is work-ethic, but not necsserialy what u should weigh and value as "more" or "more important", than the other creative aspects of an artist and its job..

most of the other artist i mentioned, contributes constructively and creatively in various crafts in entertainment -- combine that wit strict touring..
thats "work-ethic"..

people tend to look at Tech N9ne and his touring acchievements, and call him the "hardest working artist"
It's not about touring acheivments. It's about the quality of the live shows he puts on and the clear amount of hard work required by himself and the artists in his circle to put on such shows. I've seen a number of the artists you mentioned live and while they all did great, I'd say Tech blew them all away. His sets are usually considerably longer than most and given the fact that he has next to no national crossover hits, he's doing it all with live performance as opposed to song familairty.

your obvioulsy talkin from a subjective standpoint.
no show is better (objectively) than another show, cus u say/think so..

but i guess its logic, for Tech N9ne-fans to like Tech N9ne-shows...
just like Slipknot-fans like Slipknot-performances..

or how Britnery Spears-fans prefer Britney-shows..

****The simple act of touring is not honing your craft but I'd argue that neither is simply dropping a lot of albums and mixtapes without building on anything.*****

dropping 2 mixtapes, 1 album, 1 compilation every year - plus touring the country.. maybe some more stuff besides that - movies etc.. (E-40, Daz, Snoop etc etc etc)

thats bigger work-ethic than... ---------

simply touring the country and dropping one album every 2 years.. (Tech N9ne)

2006 - Everyready
2007 - Mizery Loves Kompany
2008 - Killer a double album
2009 - Sickology 101 and K.O.D
2010 - Gated mixed Plate, Lost Script of KOD (EP), Seepage (EP) and DJ Whoo Kid mixtape dropping 25th Dec

Aslo signing artist to his lable (Brotha Lynch, Big Scoob and Jay Rock) and getting their albums ready. Doing 250+ tour date per year i'd say he's does well!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

2006 - Everyready
2007 - Mizery Loves Kompany
2008 - Killer a double album
2009 - Sickology 101 and K.O.D
2010 - Gated mixed Plate, Lost Script of KOD (EP), Seepage (EP) and DJ Whoo Kid mixtape dropping 25th Dec

Aslo signing artist to his lable (Brotha Lynch, Big Scoob and Jay Rock) and getting their albums ready. Doing 250+ tour date per year i'd say he's does well!

no, not enough - comparing to the other naems i mentioned previosuly, thats nothing.. not impressed

this is the PERFECT definition of TRUE "work-ethic"..  (Tech N9ne is not the hardest working hiphop-artist by a looooong shot)------

((Moka Only))  ---- just ONE example..

Upcoast Relix (1995)
Dusty Bumps (1996)
Durable Mammal (1997)
Fall Collection 97 (1997)
Apenuts (1998)
Monster Piece (1998)
Mount Unpleasant (1999)
Mr. Behaviour (1999)
Everyday Details (1999)
Flow Torch (2000)
Beauty Is A Free Road (2000)
Mokefluenza (2001)
Quick Hits (2001)
Road Life (2001)
Moka Only Is.... Ron Contour (2001)
Lime Green (2001)
Flood (2002)
Lowdown Suite (2003)
Martian Xmas 2004 (2004)
The Desired Effect (2005) (Canadian)
Fall Collection 05 (2005)
The Desired Effect II (2006) (American)
Dirty Jazz (2006) (Japanese)
Creepee Eepee (2006)
The Station Agent (October 24, 2006)
Airport (2007)
Vermillion (2007)
Creepee Eepee 2 (2007)
Martian Xmas 2006 (2007)
Martian Xmas 2007 (2007)
Airport 2 (2008)
Clap Trap (2008)
Hot Dog (as Ron Contour) (2008)
Psycodelic (as Torch) (2008)
Carrots and Eggs (2008)
Martian Xmas 2008 (2009)
Do Work (Maxi Single) (2009)
Lowdown Suite 2...The Box (2009)
Run and Find EP (2009)
Airport 3 (2009)
Flaunt (Digi-12) (as Ron Contour) (2009)
Summer of Ron (as Ron Contour) (2009)
The Beach (as Ron Contour) (2009)
Martian Xmas 2009 (2009)
Rontario (as Ron Contour) (2010)
Isn't Over EP (2010)
Airport 4 (2010)
Martian Xmas 2010 (2010)

Collaboration Albums
Moka Only & Ishkan "Nowfolk" - Style Gangsters (1999)
Moka Only & Jeff Spec "The Rappers" - Rappin' Atchu (1999)
Moka Only, Prevail, Abstract Rude "Code Name: Scorpion" - Code Name: Scorpion (2001)
Moka Only & Kirby Dominant "Dominant Mammals" - Super Future Stars (2002)
Moka Only & Ishkan "Nowfolk" - Nowfolk II "The Moon" (2004)
Moka Only & Def 3 - Dog River (2007)
Moka Only & Atsushi Numata - Moka Only Vs. Numata (Japanese) (2007)
Moka Only & Psy "The Nope" - Rain All Day EP (2009)
Moka Only & Nebz Supreme - Summer Notations (2009)
Moka Only & Psy "The Nope" - Melba (2009)
Moka Only & Factor - Saffron (as Ron Contour) (2010, Fake Four Inc)
Moka Only & E.D.G.E. - Dynamite Sandwich (as Ron Contour & E.D.G.E. as Jimmy The Bang) (2010)

Triple OG Rapsodie

^
but with Moka Only you end up sifting thru a lot of trash to find the good shit.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
^^all that and still never heard of him!

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

^^all that and still never heard of him!

bytheway, dude..

----------------- picture that u use - is that Tech N9ne wit Mickey and Minnie Mouse?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:18:37 AM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
yeah, he's a fool......

midwestryder

I could go on forever about this and that, how they ruled the billboard charts, indy charts, and all that this year, with no video or radio play, but im just gonna leave it at ICP is very successful and therefore by definition, for being successful for song long, they have longevity, relativity cuz their album with 4 on billboard 200 last year, rereleased it in 2010 and it went at number 50. Number 1 on indy charts first time around. 20 years plus and still goin strong, who's been as relevant for long in hip hop? Too short? Ice T? Cube? Who? Sure list isnt long
for one ICP is not hip hop at all . ICp is white trash music . ICP fans aka juggalos are nothing but trash like ICP is . ICP is not relevant & has not been relevant since the late 90's. don't ever comare ICP to Too Short, ICe t or ICe cube . ice cube is still relevant . too short is starting to become relevant again & ICe t was in the movie other guys . so ice t is still more relevant then ICp & there trash fans base . icp does not rules billboard charts at all

_TLD_

• 'G'
I dont have to read all the hate, just take the last message.

they arent hip hop? why are they listed as such. Why do artists like mack 10, bone thugs, three six mafia, Ice T, yadda yadda make songs with them? Why would dayton family sign to a label that ISNT hip hop? You dont even know about ICP but you claim so cuz your listin off shit like u know Joe & joey but you really dont know shit.

havent dominated the billboard lately you say? I think debuting at number 4 on the billboard 200 and number 1 on the indy charts is pretty fuckin big time, especially considering the lack of sales in general these days. Especially considering no video play no radio play. Thats like what N.W.A. did in the 80's. Not too many bands or artists can say they done that shit. Run it. Then they rerelease the album 6 months or so after that, with a few new tracks, and on a new distributor. Its number 50 on billboard 200. That covers 2009 and 2010. Forget their supporting cast of artists on their label, thats good enough right there. What other indy labels are so successful? Psychopathic thats who.

Even if you dont consider ICP's albums "hip hop" they basically steal beats from juvenile, from whoever and put out a 15 track LP for fun usin diff rap names and doin old school gangsta rap. Its not like they tryin to sell the shit its illegal, you can only buy it at their concerts or their website. These albums however sell ALOT. Pure profit. Its even put out on a fake record label. Classic.

dont have to say nothin else just look at the facts they speak for themself. They own 2 hip hop labels and their own studio. They are bigger hip hop artists than MOST in the game. First album out in 90. Thats 22 years. They have 2 movies. They own book. More merchandise than most artists will ever make. They have like 15 albums or some ridiculous shit. Last I checked 4 are gold, 3 are platinum, with one double platinum. Some artists never move that many units. Say they sell a cd for 15 bucks in a store. They make about 10 off that, way more than your avg artist on a majior label deal.

people hatin on ICP is what drove ICP to the level they are at. Thats why they own they record label and studio and all that, nobody would sign them they did it themself. Really, take the music out of the equation, and ICP's story would be that of the american dream. 2 highschool dropouts that are millionaires. Who's really doin what ICP does.

but really fuck all that, this thread is bout Tech a nina and his label. Fat joe is goin on bout how Tech is smart at biz, shit ICP been doin it on a bigger level and for 18 years or so longer than Tech. Not sayin I dont love strange, I give respect. Tech made his name and niche. I love tech. He needs to get some more beats off Ronz in germany tho. Tech gets radio play tho, and he's big outside of KC where ICP gets no radio play and isnt accepted everywhere like tech is.

Nina and ICP made plenty of songs together. They friends, outside of the biz too. Peeps actin like juggalos are just white people or just a few thousand or white trash or whatever. Tech N9ne is a self proclaimed juggalo and was so before he got big. Even d 12 is cool with ICP now. If eminem can get over he cant make ICP go away, the haters should too. MTV wouldnt play ICP so what did ICP do? paid like 1 million for a 1 hr timeslot on mtv and ran a documentary about ICP. Fuckin classic. Run it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:49:32 PM by _TLD_ »

Anunikke

they arent hip hop? why are they listed as such. Why do artists like mack 10, bone thugs, three six mafia, Ice T, yadda yadda make songs with them? Why would dayton family sign to a label that ISNT hip hop? You dont even know about ICP but you claim so cuz your listin off shit like u know Joe & joey but you really dont know shit.=
because it means they get paid.

as for the rest: tl;dr

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
people are seriously comparing joe budden and tech n9ne???

joe budden is a cool rapper but he always sounds the same on every track.. very monotone.. yes he has deep songs but that's pretty much it

tech n9ne has insane and versatile flows, deep songs, club songs, gangsta songs, etc. I mean it's like comparing an A actor to a B/C actor... comparing 2pac to any of the outlawz.. not even close..

_TLD_

• 'G'
Tech N9ne would slaughter joe budden. Nowhere fucking close. So anyway I post on the strange music official forum, and tech posts there from time to time. Found this in the forum:
Tech:

Just curious why eveyone is so quick to say fuck ICP?

And for those who dislike them, how much of their music have you actually listened to?

It seems like a lot of people just jump on the fuck ICP bandwagon without having heard them.

Sure some of their stuff can be considered sub par, but they have some really good tracks.

- Tech N9ne

source:

http://therealtechn9ne.ning.com/forum/topics/why-does-eveybody-hate-icp?commentId=2420574%3AComment%3A884062&xg_source=activity

Side note: I hate that crooked I an Tech song, they coulda done so much better together. I think tech outshine crook tho by far on the track.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:15:56 AM by _TLD_ »

midwestryder

they arent hip hop? why are they listed as such. Why do artists like mack 10, bone thugs, three six mafia, Ice T, yadda yadda make songs with them? Why would dayton family sign to a label that ISNT hip hop? You dont even know about ICP but you claim so cuz your listin off shit like u know Joe & joey but you really dont know shit.

havent dominated the billboard lately you say? I think debuting at number 4 on the billboard 200 and number 1 on the indy charts is pretty fuckin big time, especially considering the lack of sales in general these days. Especially considering no video play no radio play. Thats like what N.W.A. did in the 80's. Not too many bands or artists can say they done that shit. Run it. Then they rerelease the album 6 months or so after that, with a few new tracks, and on a new distributor. Its number 50 on billboard 200. That covers 2009 and 2010. Forget their supporting cast of artists on their label, thats good enough right there. What other indy labels are so successful? Psychopathic thats who.

Even if you dont consider ICP's albums "hip hop" they basically steal beats from juvenile, from whoever and put out a 15 track LP for fun usin diff rap names and doin old school gangsta rap. Its not like they tryin to sell the shit its illegal, you can only buy it at their concerts or their website. These albums however sell ALOT. Pure profit. Its even put out on a fake record label. Classic.

dont have to say nothin else just look at the facts they speak for themself. They own 2 hip hop labels and their own studio. They are bigger hip hop artists than MOST in the game. First album out in 90. Thats 22 years. They have 2 movies. They own book. More merchandise than most artists will ever make. They have like 15 albums or some ridiculous shit. Last I checked 4 are gold, 3 are platinum, with one double platinum. Some artists never move that many units. Say they sell a cd for 15 bucks in a store. They make about 10 off that, way more than your avg artist on a majior label deal.

people hatin on ICP is what drove ICP to the level they are at. Thats why they own they record label and studio and all that, nobody would sign them they did it themself. Really, take the music out of the equation, and ICP's story would be that of the american dream. 2 highschool dropouts that are millionaires. Who's really doin what ICP does.

but really fuck all that, this thread is bout Tech a nina and his label. Fat joe is goin on bout how Tech is smart at biz, shit ICP been doin it on a bigger level and for 18 years or so longer than Tech. Not sayin I dont love strange, I give respect. Tech made his name and niche. I love tech. He needs to get some more beats off Ronz in germany tho. Tech gets radio play tho, and he's big outside of KC where ICP gets no radio play and isnt accepted everywhere like tech is.

Nina and ICP made plenty of songs together. They friends, outside of the biz too. Peeps actin like juggalos are just white people or just a few thousand or white trash or whatever. Tech N9ne is a self proclaimed juggalo and was so before he got big. Even d 12 is cool with ICP now. If eminem can get over he cant make ICP go away, the haters should too. MTV wouldnt play ICP so what did ICP do? paid like 1 million for a 1 hr timeslot on mtv and ran a documentary about ICP. Fuckin classic. Run it.

one you facts don't mean crap. ICP is not hip hop . ICP fan base aka juggalos  is mostly white trash .ICP fans aka juggalos are the scum of the earth . ICP is not hip hop at all because the black community does not support ICP at all .  rappers like tech n9ne & d-12 do not count at all because the are minorty . most juggalos don't know what good hip hop is at all . see to be hip hop you have to have a large black fanbase in america. ICP music is wack. icp first real real alblm they dissed NWA . showing how stupid of they are. that album aka was worst piece of crap i heard ever . vanilla ice was better, ICP was called Inner City Posse before Insane Clown Posse . they became Insane Clown Posse because they lyrics were wack & they were wack . so the stole or Ripped off Esham and others from detroit. They had to becaume a gimmick to get over aka face painted rapping clowns . that there makes them worst joke in the world . this album aka bass-ment cuts  is what would happen if NWA were white and sucked. they only reason they sale is because they got bunch of brainwashed white trash fans who don't know what good hip hop is . juggalos is most ignoranted fan base there is in the world. there are millions of stupid ignorant white trash here in the U.s. . so in END ICP is nothing but a joke ass gimmick that retarded dumb disrespectful people like.also i am from missouri & tech n9ne is one of my favorite but he is esham wannabe also.

_TLD_

• 'G'
check this out, I didnt even read all that. I'm done tryin to proove how ICP and their label are very simular to Tech and his. Tech pretty much feels the same as me so im good tryin to convince a message board.

to be hip hop you have to have a large black audience? untrue. If it wasnt for white people hip hop woulda never been as profitable as its been. Back to N.W.A. it was mostly white people buyin the shit.

All ICP fans dont know real hip hop? Then why do all the acts that are booked around/with ICP are hip hop acts? Makes no sense to play nirvana with tupac.

ICP isnt hip hop? YES they arent. They are a sub genre of hip hop "like esham" horror rap, death rap, horrorcore, whatever u wanna call it. Its not just str8 hip hop.

Tech is way better lyricist than E-sam. I like natas and sam dont get me wrong, but since sham left psychopathic his stuff aint as good. Plus he never was a lyricist anyway.

cant compare inner city posse's music to insane clown posse. YES that basement cuts album is horrible. I can say the same for cube or anybody who has alot of albums, snoop, whoever. They have shitty albums too. When they was inner city, it was more for fun, they had 3 members not 2, and they hadnt even put out a real album yet thats more of a mixtape. Fastforward and you find they are now involved in producing their own shit, pretty much have their own producer for psychopathic "mike e clark" who has done numerous hip hop projects with tons of bands.
Its like comparing your handwriting when u was in 1st grade till now. I'm sure most people improve on stuff they work on for years.

jus cuz u dont like the wicked shit dont hate on everybody that does it. and with that im done.

Anghellic

This is pretty damn dope, Juggalos! TIME.com  has released 50 lists picking out the highs and lows of 2010 in a variety of categories. Included with those lists is the Top 10 Viral Videos of 2010. Coming in at #7 is “Miracles” from the Insane Clown Posse!
This is what they had to say:
The two rappers who make up the Insane Clown Posse typically rhyme about violence and mayhem while wearing clownlike face paint. But their music video for the song “Miracles” takes a decidedly gentler turn. It’s already odd to see them talking about life’s little miracles. What’s weirder is the “miracles” they mention — a pelican that tried to eat a cell phone, the pyramids and — the lyric that went the most viral — “F___ing magnets, how do they work?” Sprinkle in ridiculous-looking CGI and you get a bizarre yet fascinating music video that took the Internet by storm.

Friday, 05 November 2010

Check this out, NYC has the juggalo love.  Tonight in Brooklyn is the opening of a new photo exhibit based on the life of the juggalos.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:58:21 PM by _TLD_ »