Author Topic: Racism defined  (Read 715 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Racism defined
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:54:57 PM »
So posting in the topic about Science & Race made me ponder this question:  Does racism only occur when the people in power (whites) are racist towards those who aren't in power (minority ethnicities)?

I ask because Ive taken courses where the teachers contended that racism against whites doesn't really exist because here in the US, mostly whites are the ones who run things.

I think this is complete BS.  Racism involves prejudice against someone because of there race, simple and plain, regardless of "whos in power".  It cant work only 1 way, and to say otherwise is a cop out.  I think that the definition that my teachers have used is pretty laughable and honestly can't see a reasoning to it other than they are just biased themselves.

Do you agree with me or am I a racist bastard?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:09:04 AM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Anunikke

Re: Racism defined
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
Racism doesn't exist.
Even if people are all the same race they will find some difference that causes discrimination.

But I wouldn't want it any other way.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
So if I get beaten the shit out of me and robbed by a pack of niggers cause I'm white, it doesn't have anything to do with racism because "whites are in power"? I agree, makes perfect sense.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
There's a difference between institutional racism and racism in general.  Minorities are more likely to suffer from institutional racism than whoever the majority is, but it's fair game with racism in general. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
Racism goes both ways......

But obviously when the people in power are racist, they can use that power to fuck you over. And like Javier said, there's the whole issue of institutional racism.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »
So if I get beaten the shit out of me and robbed by a pack of niggers cause I'm white, it doesn't have anything to do with racism because "whites are in power"? I agree, makes perfect sense.

In that case you both would be racists

Fraxxx

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 02:59:10 PM »

In that case you both would be racists

LOL
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
Depends on how you define racism. IMO, racism exists no matter which direction it goes. But racism's impact varies depending on which direction it goes. So I dont view all racism equally. Lets say you live in a house with 4 roomates. So there are 5 of you, but one person make all the rules. They not only make the rules, but enforce them as well. It wouldnt matter so much if any of the other 4 hate that person. But if that 1 person hates any of the other 4, imagine the impact that would have on the lives of the person not in charge. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 02:28:11 AM »
We have a black president. Racist doesn't exist anymore.

[/end sarcasm]
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »

[/end sarcasm]

lol I think its the opposite. We are seeing just how racist a lot of people are
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »
We have a black president. Racism doesn't exist anymore.

[/end sarcasm]
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bananas

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:49 AM »
So posting in the topic about Science & Race made me ponder this question:  Does racism only occur when the people in power (whites) are racist towards those who aren't in power (minority ethnicities)?

I ask because Ive taken courses where the teachers contended that racism against whites doesn't really exist because here in the US, mostly whites are the ones who run things.

I think this is complete BS.  Racism involves prejudice against someone because of there race, simple and plain, regardless of "whos in power".  It cant work only 1 way, and to say otherwise is a cop out.  I think that the definition that my teachers have used is pretty laughable and honestly can't see a reasoning to it other than they are just biased themselves.

I would file a complaint about your teacher not only to the university, but to local news and civil rights organizations.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 04:29:00 AM »

I would file a complaint about your teacher not only to the university, but to local news and civil rights organizations.

The higher ups would just agree with them.  Theres alotta self hating white folks here.  Seriously, this is the attitude of educated people employed by colleges here in California and probably all over.  Its hard to believe they can say something so racist in itself to define racism.  Irony at its finest.

I was in class with some dipshit 1 day and he told a story where he had a black friend who said he never experienced racism and didn't think it was a big deal where he was from.  He then proceeded to tell us that the black guy "didnt know it was going on and was wrong".  So someone cant even have their own opinion on this issue, even though its subjective.  Its like the Republicans and the terrorist boogey man but for the liberals.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:45:15 AM by Russell Bell »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 04:53:00 AM »

[/end sarcasm]

lol I think its the opposite. We are seeing just how racist a lot of people are

Really?  Honestly how many people have you seen or heard that really, really hate Obama because of his black half?  Im not talking about using a racial slur thrown out there as a pejoritive and not racist context.

Im also not talking about someone on the news from Bumfuck, Idaho on his white supremacist compound.

Also, am not saying people arent racist and dont hate obama cause hes black, im just questioning the prevalence of it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:17:44 AM by Russell Bell »