Poll

Who do you prefer?

Eazy
28 (44.4%)
Pac
35 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Eazy E vs. 2pac..  (Read 2465 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Eazy E vs. 2pac..
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2003, 03:56:09 PM »
But this doesnt make Eazy E better than Pac.

this brings up a good point, this thread isn't about who is "better" because that's impossible to prove due to it being an opinion. this thread is about who YOU like better, yet it's turned out to be one huge argument

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2003, 03:57:15 PM »
What the fuck kind of a question is this?? Tupac EASILY. Get your minds right people.

dude not everybody is a pac dickrider...

Look, I like both artists, but its not about being a dickrider, its about being OBJECTIVE and knowing your shit.

And as much as the Eazy fans dont want to believe it, Pac is by far the greater MC of the two, easily. And all the real hip hop heads know this.

First of all, Eazy didnt even write most of his own lyrics. That reason alone makes him inferior to Pac as an MC. However, even if he did write his own lyrics, his subject matter was very repetitive, wheareares Pac was one of the most versatile MC's to ever pick up the mic. He wasnt great with wordplay, but he was still light years better than Eazy E. Eazy's strength was his flow and shock value subject matter. He didnt have the ability to pen a song like Who Do U Believe In, So Many Tears, Starin Through My Rear View, etc etc......Pac was 1000 x the songwriter that Eazy was.

Now, lets talk about impact and influence. This definatly goes to Pac. Eazy did more for rap than Pac?? Thats a joke. Every MC alive today is measured by Pac's greatness. You dont see MC's biting lines or paying tribute to Eazy in their rhymes on a regular basis like you do with Pac. Sure, Eazy started NWA, one of the most influential groups ever, but everyone and their momma knows that Cube was best MC of that group. So yea, as far as impact goes, Pac has Eazy beat there as well.

Now, lets look at their discography. No comparison. Pac has three certified classics under his belt, while Eazy made only one [I dont consider any of Eazy's solo albums to be classic, but I said one for the sake of argument], and even Eazy's best album doesnt touch MATW, AEOM, or 7 Day Theory......

with all these reasons I named above, Pac is the greater of the two, hands down, end of discussion.

Yeah I agree, Eazy was tight and all, but Pac had a lot better lyrics, creative subject matter, stuff you could relate to, more emotion and impact in his delivery, etc...
Overall, Pac was a better rapper, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

S.G.V.

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2003, 04:27:14 PM »
every rapper has a gimmick...so to say pac didnt have a gimmick is plain dumb...pacs gimmick was being a street thug...as well as being from l.a. & oakland...contraversy was his gimmick too...beefin with a whole bunch of muthafuckas he never even knew...pac was a huge gimmick rapper...hammer wasnt really a gimmick rapper...i mean he had his downfalls...but he worked his way to the top...he hustled his own records...he got his own deal...and he had some of the biggest hits ever...true he wasnt much of a rapper...but to write him off as just a gimmick rapper is stupid also...tho when he came back as a g...that was a lil too over the top...oh and pac was NEVER indi...he was with Interscope throughout his whole career...then he got on Deathrow...NEVER was pac indi...he never sold his own records like Short, E-40, Hammer, NWA, Ice-T etc....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 04:29:01 PM by S.G.V. aka Ray Diaz »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2003, 04:57:25 PM »
LOL at Pac being a gimmick rapper and MC hammer not being a gimmick rapper.

That has to be the most hypocritical statement on the face of God's green earth.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

S.G.V.

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2003, 05:02:46 PM »
LOL at Pac being a gimmick rapper and MC hammer not being a gimmick rapper.

That has to be the most hypocritical statement on the face of God's green earth.
what did hammer do that was makin him a gimmick rapper?...what did pac do to not qualify him as a gimmick rapper?...explain that...cuz im curious to know why someone(even a Tupac DR like urself) would not consider him a gimmick

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2003, 05:08:56 PM »
Yeah you are right about Pac being on indi labels. I used the wrong word, sorry. I mean in labels (TNT/Interscope) who wasnt really promoting his shit like he deserved. It was more something like 'wack' labels. I mean you kno.. Bad Boys, Death Row, Aftermath, Tommy Boy, Def Jam, etc.. those labels can make u a multi-platinum rapper easly with promotion only! Pac wasnt signed in one of those big labels. But he still sold a couple of millions of copies, from 1991 to 1995. With his best cd ever, Me Against The World.
''Red or Blue: which set u claim? Does it make a difference? One day we're gonna work it out all the colors ignorance'' (Tupac)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2003, 05:13:36 PM »
Its funny how you say controversy was a gimmick with Pac, but it wasnt. Do you think he shot at those cops to create controversy?? Hell fuckin no. He did it because they were harassin another black man, and you just didnt do that shit if Pac was around. Everything he did, good or bad, was for a cause or a belief, not a fucking gimmick. "Thug Life" wasnt a gimmick either. It was a way of life and a struggle and something most people on this board will never go through or understand.

MC Hammer was a gimmick rapper to the fullest. He made hits to target a certain audience to sell records. There was no artistic value or creative intention in what he did. Not to mention he had zero lyrical talent.

Oh, and I maybe a Tupac DR, but I still have more hip hop knowledge you do ;)

S.G.V.

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2003, 05:15:41 PM »
yea so beefin with a whole bunch of peeps u dont know is not a gimmick?...claimin l.a. & oakland when u reside in marin city isnt a gimmick?...hip hop knowledge?..LMAO...u always leave out the most important things... ;)

oh and hammer targeted everyone...not just girls, boys, thugs, hoes whatever...everyone...whites, blacks, latinos...tell me who he targeted man...cmon...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 05:17:19 PM by S.G.V. aka Ray Diaz »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2003, 05:20:15 PM »
yea so beefin with a whole bunch of peeps u dont know is not a gimmick?...claimin l.a. & oakland when u reside in marin city isnt a gimmick?...hip hop knowledge?..LMAO...u always leave out the most important things... ;)

oh and hammer targeted everyone...not just girls, boys, thugs, hoes whatever...everyone...whites, blacks, latinos...tell me who he targeted man...cmon...

Shit, if I thought someone shot me too, id have beef also, whether I knew the motherfuckers or not......shit would be on for life.

And DU was from Oakland, so yea, he had rights to claim Oak Town.......

c'mon man, you're gonna have to do alot better than that. This is too easy for me.....

S.G.V.

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2003, 05:23:07 PM »
but he got no clue if big or any of the peeps he dissed shot them...thats a lame excuse man...and whether or not du clique was from oakland doesnt give pac right to claim oakland...so ur sayin Eminem has right to claim l.a. cuz he kicks it with Dre & Xzibit?...or Daz can claim houston cuz he kicks it with Sherm, Slim Thug and them?...nope...its too easy for u...to look like a dickrider

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2003, 05:33:05 PM »
Pac didnt have beefs with peeps he didnt know. He had a beef with Notorious B.I.G., and since the beef was on his life (and not only a musical beef), he said it was not only against Biggie, but against everybody who wanted to get involved. Other peeps got involved, so he dissed them.

About Oakland, Tupac rented his own first apartment in 1989, in Oakland. And there he rolled with a lot of Bay Area rappers. What's wrong about him repping Oak? About L.A., he went to live in South Central Los Angeles with Charles 'Man-Man" Fuller in 1992. And, the day after he was released from jail, he flied to L.A. to buy a new house and to record All Eyez On Me. About Marin City, it's wrong to say that he "resided in marin city". His mother, Afeni, sent him and his sister to Marin City to spend a summer, to Geronimo Pratt's wife. But his hood was so gang infested that he left the city after a few months.
''Red or Blue: which set u claim? Does it make a difference? One day we're gonna work it out all the colors ignorance'' (Tupac)

S.G.V.

« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2003, 05:37:26 PM »
peeps didnt really get involved...peeps werent makin songs like fuck tupac n shit...they might have stated their opinion in an interview or somethin...but pac was the one dissin all kinds of peeps for no other reason than them bein homies with big...LAME...i probably spent no more than 3 years of his life in each oakland and l.a....to me that dont give him right to rep...if i moved to brooklyn i wouldnt be reppin brooklyn...id be reppin the S.G.V....regardless of where im from...i guess i could see why he wouldnt rep marin city...nobody knows of the city...but still...thats where he came in...he shouldve repped it a little...and he shouldve repped the east coast...which I never heard him do

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2003, 05:38:39 PM »
but he got no clue if big or any of the peeps he dissed shot them...thats a lame excuse man...and whether or not du clique was from oakland doesnt give pac right to claim oakland...so ur sayin Eminem has right to claim l.a. cuz he kicks it with Dre & Xzibit?...or Daz can claim houston cuz he kicks it with Sherm, Slim Thug and them?...nope...its too easy for u...to look like a dickrider
Leave the dickrider thing, cause you are showing us you dont know a lot about Pac's life. I already wrote you he lived in Oakland, so it's cool for him to rep his block in Oakland. In the song "My Block" he repped 112th st. and 7th ave. in New York uptown, 183rd, 127th and East Side, Kent Avenue, Baltimore, the Jungle Marine City, Los Angeles, Oakland (Can't forget Oaktown). All places where he lived. So it's nothing wrong about that, man! Get real.

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2003, 05:42:45 PM »
peeps didnt really get involved...peeps werent makin songs like fuck tupac n shit...they might have stated their opinion in an interview or somethin...but pac was the one dissin all kinds of peeps for no other reason than them bein homies with big...LAME...i probably spent no more than 3 years of his life in each oakland and l.a....to me that dont give him right to rep...if i moved to brooklyn i wouldnt be reppin brooklyn...id be reppin the S.G.V....regardless of where im from...i guess i could see why he wouldnt rep marin city...nobody knows of the city...but still...thats where he came in...he shouldve repped it a little...and he shouldve repped the east coast...which I never heard him do
Once again another incorrect post. First of all he never really lived in Marin City, like i told you. He was been sent there with his sister to spend the summer. And anyway he made a track called Kriminal where he reps Marin City, and he reps it in My Block too. Marin City wasnt been really a city where he spent a lot of times, so i really dont see your point.

About the beefs, he dissed Chino XL cause he dissed him. He dissed Nas & Jay-Z cause they DEF got involved (in interviews & tracks). All the others.. he replied too. PLUS he was making ONE NATION at the same time, kicking it down with real homies from New York. That's not being closed minded against NEW YORK. He "chosed" his enemies. He exposed them. He wanted to destroy Bad Boy Records as a label, he wanted to see BIG suffering.

And he never said Biggie shot him. His lawyers said Pac felt like it was a set up. Some1 from the same block of Biggie, in jail, told him that Biggie's homie shot him. And that Biggie knew that. And since Pac MADE Biggie (by letting him sleep at his house when he was broke, by letting him do concerts with him, by giving him a chance and exposure, by "adopting" him, by considering him one of his "family", etc..), he was really MAD at him.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 05:46:43 PM by .:Gary Soneji:. »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2003, 05:54:34 PM »
S.G.V. doesnt know shit about Pac, or hip hop in general for that matter....you'll have to excuse him.

Pac repped the east coast plenty.....he only gave shout outs to all the pioneers from there in Old School, and he EVEN collaberated with Method Man and Redman in the middle of the east coast/west coast war, so there goes that theory.........