Poll

Who do you prefer?

Eazy
28 (44.4%)
Pac
35 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Eazy E vs. 2pac..  (Read 2471 times)

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:Eazy E vs. 2pac..
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2002, 06:23:07 PM »
Eazy fo sheezy...

N.W.A. my favorite artist(s) ever and I love Eazy's solo shit

EM28

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2002, 08:40:27 PM »
I prefer Eazy cause I really was into NWA in '90 when I first got into rap and the first rap album I ever bought was Niggaz4life...After Eazy left NWA he dropped some dope shit including that 187 album...Real Muthafukkin G'z, It's On, Gimme That Nut, that album was the shit...I don't think Eazy gets the respect he deserves...

even though i only have one eazy e cd and 2 nwa cds, i would still have to say i like eazy e more.  He deserved more respect.  The cd i have is the 187 album.  I prefer eazy over pac easily.

peace

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2002, 09:00:51 PM »
*stands in shock*

Alright, I see some Eazy E fans. I am too, own all his damn CDs, even the rare 5150: Home For Tha Sick (ask and I'll email it to you now) and listen to them all. I also have heard most of 'Pac's shit and can say this. Easy as P-A-C. 2Pac would have happen without Eazy, anyone hear of Digital Underground. They were out of the Bay, not L.A., and that's who rode 'Pac into the game. Man, Eazy didn't even write his own shit, just ran his busness and did his thang. Busnessman, Eazy, who'd I'd bump, 'Pac. Simple.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2002, 09:23:14 PM »
i dont even havee to think twice about this,  2pac easily.  c'mon eazy's catalog is so fuckin repetive.  an plus i cant listen all the way through a whole eazy-e album.  an for those that say there would be no west wit out eazy-e.  i heard it was dre that talked eazy-e into rapping.  eazy would be behind the finacial aspect but he didnt want to get on the mic cuz he didnt want to embrass himself an dre talked him into it

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2002, 09:43:13 PM »
an for those that say there would be no west wit out eazy-e.  i heard it was dre that talked eazy-e into rapping.  eazy would be behind the finacial aspect but he didnt want to get on the mic cuz he didnt want to embrass himself an dre talked him into it

yea but Eazy paid 4 the shit though
Man, Eazy didn't even write his own shit
i think he wrote most of his shit after Eazy-Duz-It but writin or not writin his own shit doesnt matter cuz hes the 1 rappin it and all that, 2 me it doesnt really matter who writes it cuz 2 me it doesnt matter i mena dre doesnt write his own shit ne more either but that doesnt stop people from listenin 2 it
« Last Edit: December 27, 2002, 09:50:32 PM by LAZY aka DPG206 »

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2002, 10:52:30 PM »

yea but Eazy paid 4 the shit though

so basically than if it wasnt for dre there would of been no eazy-e either than so i guess its safe to say it was both dre an eazy the helped start up the west coast

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2002, 10:56:19 PM »
so basically than if it wasnt for dre there would of been no eazy-e either than so i guess its safe to say it was both dre an eazy the helped start up the west coast

yea pretty much cuz Dr Dre supplied the shit and he kne where 2 get the shit 2 and eazy paid 4 it I THINK

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2002, 11:54:42 PM »
What the fuck kind of a question is this?? Tupac EASILY. Get your minds right people.
westside!!!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2002, 12:11:46 PM »
i think if we're gonna argue whos a better rapper, then we should do just that. to say eazy is better because he opened the door for west coast acts isn't fair. if you're gonna argue like that, then you have to say there would also be no tupac with Too Short. he came out from the bay way before Pac. so therefore Too Short is better than pac right? so to me that argument is bullshit. make your point based on lyrics and flow and things like that. i love eazy, i own every solo and NWA album. he had a great voice, and a good flow. but many many times didn't write his own lyrics. and as far as his lyrics go, he stuck to one subject. its no comparison. Pac was lyrically superior, had a killer flow, wrote his own rhymes, and was one of the most diverse rappers ever (subject wise). so to me, under these criteria, its pac hands down.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2002, 01:03:26 PM »
i think if we're gonna argue whos a better rapper, then we should do just that. to say eazy is better because he opened the door for west coast acts isn't fair. if you're gonna argue like that, then you have to say there would also be no tupac with Too Short. he came out from the bay way before Pac. so therefore Too Short is better than pac right? so to me that argument is bullshit. make your point based on lyrics and flow and things like that. i love eazy, i own every solo and NWA album. he had a great voice, and a good flow. but many many times didn't write his own lyrics. and as far as his lyrics go, he stuck to one subject. its no comparison. Pac was lyrically superior, had a killer flow, wrote his own rhymes, and was one of the most diverse rappers ever (subject wise). so to me, under these criteria, its pac hands down.

Pac didn't have no 'killer flow'

and 'who is better' is not  = who is the better rapper/Who has the most skills' and shit

Eazy's music is old school and Pac had many RnB hooks and shit and u can easily like Eazy's music over Pacs if this is actually ur taste

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2002, 02:15:22 PM »
thats cool. don't miss my point here. people sayin the reason they like eazy because without eazy there is no pac. well then why not say that too short is better because without too short there would be no tupac. its cool if pacs not your favorite dude. but eazy was very one sided topic wise, and the majority of the time he didn't even write his own lyrics. especially when he was in NWA. thats why i think pac is better

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2002, 03:33:15 PM »
What the fuck kind of a question is this?? Tupac EASILY. Get your minds right people.

dude not everybody is a pac dickrider...

Look, I like both artists, but its not about being a dickrider, its about being OBJECTIVE and knowing your shit.

And as much as the Eazy fans dont want to believe it, Pac is by far the greater MC of the two, easily. And all the real hip hop heads know this.

First of all, Eazy didnt even write most of his own lyrics. That reason alone makes him inferior to Pac as an MC. However, even if he did write his own lyrics, his subject matter was very repetitive, wheareares Pac was one of the most versatile MC's to ever pick up the mic. He wasnt great with wordplay, but he was still light years better than Eazy E. Eazy's strength was his flow and shock value subject matter. He didnt have the ability to pen a song like Who Do U Believe In, So Many Tears, Starin Through My Rear View, etc etc......Pac was 1000 x the songwriter that Eazy was.

Now, lets talk about impact and influence. This definatly goes to Pac. Eazy did more for rap than Pac?? Thats a joke. Every MC alive today is measured by Pac's greatness. You dont see MC's biting lines or paying tribute to Eazy in their rhymes on a regular basis like you do with Pac. Sure, Eazy started NWA, one of the most influential groups ever, but everyone and their momma knows that Cube was best MC of that group. So yea, as far as impact goes, Pac has Eazy beat there as well.

Now, lets look at their discography. No comparison. Pac has three certified classics under his belt, while Eazy made only one [I dont consider any of Eazy's solo albums to be classic, but I said one for the sake of argument], and even Eazy's best album doesnt touch MATW, AEOM, or 7 Day Theory......

with all these reasons I named above, Pac is the greater of the two, hands down, end of discussion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2002, 03:39:57 PM by hellrazor »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

EazySteve

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2002, 07:55:44 PM »
The subject line is just Eazy vs. Pac.  And if it wasn't for Eazy this rap game would be totally different.  Eazy started this gangsta shiit

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2002, 08:12:48 PM »

dude not everybody is a pac dickrider...

Look, I like both artists, but its not about being a dickrider, its about being OBJECTIVE and knowing your shit.

And as much as the Eazy fans dont want to believe it, Pac is by far the greater MC of the two, easily. And all the real hip hop heads know this.

First of all, Eazy didnt even write most of his own lyrics. That reason alone makes him inferior to Pac as an MC. However, even if he did write his own lyrics, his subject matter was very repetitive, wheareares Pac was one of the most versatile MC's to ever pick up the mic. He wasnt great with wordplay, but he was still light years better than Eazy E. Eazy's strength was his flow and shock value subject matter. He didnt have the ability to pen a song like Who Do U Believe In, So Many Tears, Starin Through My Rear View, etc etc......Pac was 1000 x the songwriter that Eazy was.
u right there
he was the greater MC cause lyrics is too important.. although Eazy's flow was betta in my oppinion
remember MC is not = artists though

Now, lets talk about impact and influence. This definatly goes to Pac. Eazy did more for rap than Pac?? Thats a joke. Every MC alive today is measured by Pac's greatness. You dont see MC's biting lines or paying tribute to Eazy in their rhymes on a regular basis like you do with Pac. Sure, Eazy started NWA, one of the most influential groups ever, but everyone and their momma knows that Cube was best MC of that group. So yea, as far as impact goes, Pac has Eazy beat there as well.

Now, lets look at their discography. No comparison. Pac has three certified classics under his belt, while Eazy made only one [I dont consider any of Eazy's solo albums to be classic, but I said one for the sake of argument], and even Eazy's best album doesnt touch MATW, AEOM, or 7 Day Theory......

with all these reasons I named above, Pac is the greater of the two, hands down, end of discussion.

but I absolutely disagree on this

U can't even compare Pac's influence to Eazy's (I'm talking about POSITIVE influence, the fact that there's loads of biters n shit that try to act like Pac is nothing u can credit Pac for)

When Pac became really big Gangsta Rap was already at it's best / the end of it's best.

Did Eazy and N.W.A. improve HipHop? INDEED
The N.W.A. era and the following Ruthless / Deathrow beef.. this was HipHops best time without a doubt

Now look at Pac's big time (1996+).. did HipHop improve since 1996? hell NO
hardly any new dope styles n shit were created  (like G-Funk) the most influencing production style change was when Dre's 2001 dropped and this is in no way 'Pac influenced'

So since HipHop became worse since Pac was big time how could he be such a big influence..?

Now days everybody gives Pac propz (more than to any other legend) and claim to be influenced by him cause he was that big and famous and all that AND cause he was shot to death

But compare the shit that's been released befo Pac was big to the shit that's been released after.. and tell me honestly.. Did Pac's influence make 'em do betta music?

Don't get it twisted

my point ain't that Pacs influence fucked HipHop up or shit
my point is his influence can't be THAT big in the end cause otherwise HipHop wouldn't have become worse and worse

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2002, 09:08:46 PM »
Yeah, 2Pac is a better MC easily, better lyriscist...yeah.  I would still rather listen to Eazy-E though....I'm picking him outta the two not because he's the best, but because he's my favorite.