Poll

Who do you prefer?

Eazy
28 (44.4%)
Pac
35 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Eazy E vs. 2pac..  (Read 2452 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Eazy E vs. 2pac..
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2002, 11:06:45 AM »
I go with Pac...never thought it would be that close..19-19...wow
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2002, 12:38:12 PM »
To Hoe Hopper.

'Pac didn't influince rap? Have you ever heard DMX, Ja Rule, Tha Realest, or any other corny sounding sound-a-likes. As for improving the game. Before 'Pac, if any one did a Keep Your Head Up, a Dear Mama, a Brenda Got A Baby, then they would be dissed, and lose their street rep that was so important back then. Eazy's influince was not musical. Ice Cube cam up with the political shit, Dre and Yella worked on the sound, more Dre than Yella. Who else would sample Funky Worm, Dre. Eazy was a founder because of his business influince. Eazy started his own damn record label, housed a west coast all star group, got female rappers, and keep all that shit gangsta. Ruthless was the blueprint to Death Row. We now how that turned out. 'Pac came out and rapped on home issues, and got deep, a depth no one can reach, but they try. 'Pac upped the game to a point were no one can up it. Eazy made business out of the game. 'Pac made great music, Eazy made money. His music was made by other, for him. He just was the right person to do it, because of his voice.

I cant agree 100%, Nobody daired to go out & say fuck the police or shit like that, that kept rappers from expressing their real anger but then E just came up with it & putted NWA in the role & that opent gates so he did influence rap more then 2pac, like Shock G said "We were (digital underground) underground because we expressed our real anger but since NWA came, it opent alot of gates for us rappers". & Eazy made alot of money but lost alot to, when he died he was hella bankrupt.. Tomica, the one that gets dissed alot for killing Ruthless took care so that it could run functionally again, now they may not put out the biggest gangsta waxes but they still are in business.

Dude, Eazy did not have more impact on hip hop than Pac did, and to say so is just fucking preposterious. You can like you who you wanna like, cuz everyone got different tastes, but Pac is by far the most influential MC of all time. Eazy may have started NWA, but that doesnt measure up the influence that Pac has had on hip hop culture, and continues to have. All Eyez On Me is still the blueprint by which all commercial/street albums are made by, and countless artists continue to sample his music, whether its his lyrics, his beats, or concepts.

check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2002, 01:20:08 PM »
To Hoe Hopper.

'Pac didn't influince rap? Have you ever heard DMX, Ja Rule, Tha Realest, or any other corny sounding sound-a-likes. As for improving the game. Before 'Pac, if any one did a Keep Your Head Up, a Dear Mama, a Brenda Got A Baby, then they would be dissed, and lose their street rep that was so important back then. Eazy's influince was not musical. Ice Cube cam up with the political shit, Dre and Yella worked on the sound, more Dre than Yella. Who else would sample Funky Worm, Dre. Eazy was a founder because of his business influince. Eazy started his own damn record label, housed a west coast all star group, got female rappers, and keep all that shit gangsta. Ruthless was the blueprint to Death Row. We now how that turned out. 'Pac came out and rapped on home issues, and got deep, a depth no one can reach, but they try. 'Pac upped the game to a point were no one can up it. Eazy made business out of the game. 'Pac made great music, Eazy made money. His music was made by other, for him. He just was the right person to do it, because of his voice.

I cant agree 100%, Nobody daired to go out & say fuck the police or shit like that, that kept rappers from expressing their real anger but then E just came up with it & putted NWA in the role & that opent gates so he did influence rap more then 2pac, like Shock G said "We were (digital underground) underground because we expressed our real anger but since NWA came, it opent alot of gates for us rappers". & Eazy made alot of money but lost alot to, when he died he was hella bankrupt.. Tomica, the one that gets dissed alot for killing Ruthless took care so that it could run functionally again, now they may not put out the biggest gangsta waxes but they still are in business.

Dude, Eazy did not have more impact on hip hop than Pac did, and to say so is just fucking preposterious. You can like you who you wanna like, cuz everyone got different tastes, but Pac is by far the most influential MC of all time. Eazy may have started NWA, but that doesnt measure up the influence that Pac has had on hip hop culture, and continues to have. All Eyez On Me is still the blueprint by which all commercial/street albums are made by, and countless artists continue to sample his music, whether its his lyrics, his beats, or concepts.

Now we come to the main subject of this topic, if it wasnt for Eazy there wouldnt be no 'Pac & you cant denie that... So Eazy made it posible for 2Pac to unpack hes influence of the rap industry, Now who had the most influence? Eazy.

BTW: this topic is about who you like most, not who had the most influence
« Last Edit: December 31, 2002, 01:23:38 PM by 40oz Graphire Dr. Funk »
40oz Graphire

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2002, 03:21:38 PM »
Even Shock G said that 2Pac would still happen. If not with Westcoast artist, back in New York. 2Pac pulled heavily from Kool G Rap, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Rakim, and on the west, he was talking of Ice Cube, and Ice T introduced gangsta rap before Eazy and N.W.A., ANYONE EVER HEARD OF COLORS, released 1996, when Ice Cube was C.I.A. and Dre was wearing tight suits Again, Eazy blueprinted nothing in music, it was business. Eazy was by far the best businessman in early rap. It worked.

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2002, 04:13:24 PM »
40oz Graphire

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2002, 04:21:54 PM »
To Hoe Hopper.

Now we come to the main subject of this topic, if it wasnt for Eazy there wouldnt be no 'Pac & you cant denie that... So Eazy made it posible for 2Pac to unpack hes influence of the rap industry, Now who had the most influence? Eazy.

Thats a joke man. Pac woulda blown up with or without Eazy E. Give me ONE example of how Eazy made it possible for Pac to blow up......ONE example. You cant. Because Eazy had nothing to do with Pac's success. If anyone influenced Pac, it was Public Enemy and Rakim......

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2002, 05:02:45 PM »
To Hoe Hopper.

Thats a joke man. Pac woulda blown up with or without Eazy E. Give me ONE example of how Eazy made it possible for Pac to blow up......ONE example. You cant. Because Eazy had nothing to do with Pac's success. If anyone influenced Pac, it was Public Enemy and Rakim......

Lol man, you claim Eazy didnt had to do shit with 2pac's success? oh C'mon man now thats a joke to me.
40oz Graphire

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2002, 05:09:25 PM »
2Pac had a big impact, in your view he had a bigger impact then Eazy, maybe thats tru but Eazy was a big part of hes impact & you just cant denie that... you think Pac would be that famous if he was rappin' over Public Enemy beats?
40oz Graphire

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2002, 05:35:56 PM »
Pac was rappin over Public Enemy type beats on his first two albums, especially on Strictly, which went platinum. Eazy had impact, but he wasnt one of Pac's influences. Rakim, Ice Cube, PE, and such were his main influences.

Eazy E could have never existed, and Pac woulda still became the best selling rapper of all time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2002, 05:37:52 PM by hellrazor »

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2002, 06:05:44 PM »
Pac was rappin over Public Enemy type beats on his first two albums, especially on Strictly, which went platinum. Eazy had impact, but he wasnt one of Pac's influences. Rakim, Ice Cube, PE, and such were his main influences.

Eazy E could have never existed, and Pac woulda still became the best selling rapper of all time.

Not only did Dre was a part of 2Pac's success but also the Death Row Fame & Glory was behind it & then again, Ruthless was a blue print of  Death Row, I dont think 2pac would still be the best selling artists if he stayed with hes Digital Underground crew... BUT I feel you, 2Pac did alot of for the Rap industry & when it comes to getting attention on the industry then I gots to shoot out big propz to 2pac for that, I cant denie that but just dont tell me Eazy wasnt a bit part of hes fame.
40oz Graphire

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2002, 10:15:09 PM »
To Hoe Hopper.

This is why I said positive influence

biters like Ja or Tha Realest make HipHop worse not betta so I don't give Pac credit for that.

there are loads of biters tryin to be Pac so he had a big influence but I'm talking about who improved it.

Before 'Pac, if any one did a Keep Your Head Up, a Dear Mama, a Brenda Got A Baby, then they would be dissed, and lose their street rep that was so important back then

U have a point there although I don't think anyone woulda necessarily get dissed for lyrics like those.

But I don't see how this can be more important than makin Gangsta Rap big like Eazy and N.W.A. did.

Fact is fo sho

Pac is by FAR not the rapper that improved HipHop the most with his influence

AlAndalus aka Hispanic

• 'G'
  • Back To Al Andalus
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2003, 04:11:13 AM »
I voted for Eazy E.
I think he was and still is one of the greatest ever in the rapscene.
He has made some great stuff in his life.

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2003, 06:31:46 AM »

Whatta fuck are you talkin about? Public Enemy beats? Bobcat and Laylaw who did HIPHOP gangsta beats for the likes of:Eazy-E,Ice Cube and others...They are L.A. Producers...

The only from the Eastcoast on that album is Special K...Dj Daryl is from tha Bay..

The only reason Pac EVER could blow up is becuase of Eazy-E and Ice-t becuz they are the pioneers of "Gangsta" Rap...he did sell 6 million + with a album full of WESTCOAST beats and claimin WESTSIDE and clamin to be a THUG! shit Look at the albumcover  ::)

Do you think that Pac would have sold those numbers with an album filled of song like Dear Mama??? HELL NO!

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2003, 08:19:17 PM »

Whatta fuck are you talkin about? Public Enemy beats? Bobcat and Laylaw who did HIPHOP gangsta beats for the likes of:Eazy-E,Ice Cube and others...They are L.A. Producers...

The only from the Eastcoast on that album is Special K...Dj Daryl is from tha Bay..

The only reason Pac EVER could blow up is becuase of Eazy-E and Ice-t becuz they are the pioneers of "Gangsta" Rap...he did sell 6 million + with a album full of WESTCOAST beats and claimin WESTSIDE and clamin to be a THUG! shit Look at the albumcover  ::)

Do you think that Pac would have sold those numbers with an album filled of song like Dear Mama??? HELL NO!

bullshit.

You people who say Eazy is responsible for Pac's success are a fucking trip. Yall have yet to show me one piece of HARD evidence that shows Eazy is responsible for Pac's success.

Just because Eazy and Ice T pioneered gangsta rap doesnt mean they are fully responsible for Pac's success. I promise you, if Eazy never existed, Pac woulda still sold millions of records.

And yes, Strictly had Public Enemy type beats. Listen to Fear Of A Black Planet, then listen to Strictly 4 My Niggaz......very similiar production..

Also, I dont know where you've been, but AEOM is past 10 million now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2003, 08:20:58 PM by hellrazor »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2003, 10:13:59 PM »
I chose comedy Vanilla Ice option  8)