Poll

Who do you prefer?

Eazy
28 (44.4%)
Pac
35 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Eazy E vs. 2pac..  (Read 2469 times)

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
Re:Eazy E vs. 2pac..
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2003, 02:06:06 AM »
Pac was rappin over Public Enemy type beats on his first two albums, especially on Strictly, which went platinum. Eazy had impact, but he wasnt one of Pac's influences. Rakim, Ice Cube, PE, and such were his main influences.

Eazy E could have never existed, and Pac woulda still became the best selling rapper of all time.

Whatta fuck are you talkin about? Public Enemy beats? Bobcat and Laylaw who did HIPHOP gangsta beats for the likes of:Eazy-E,Ice Cube and others...They are L.A. Producers...

The only from the Eastcoast on that album is Special K...Dj Daryl is from tha Bay..

The only reason Pac EVER could blow up is becuase of Eazy-E and Ice-t becuz they are the pioneers of "Gangsta" Rap...he did sell 6 million + with a album full of WESTCOAST beats and claimin WESTSIDE and clamin to be a THUG! shit Look at the albumcover  ::)

Do you think that Pac would have sold those numbers with an album filled of song like Dear Mama??? HELL NO!

bullshit.

You people who say Eazy is responsible for Pac's success are a fucking trip. Yall have yet to show me one piece of HARD evidence that shows Eazy is responsible for Pac's success.

Just because Eazy and Ice T pioneered gangsta rap doesnt mean they are fully responsible for Pac's success. I promise you, if Eazy never existed, Pac woulda still sold millions of records.

And yes, Strictly had Public Enemy type beats. Listen to Fear Of A Black Planet, then listen to Strictly 4 My Niggaz......very similiar production..

Also, I dont know where you've been, but AEOM is past 10 million now.

How much records did 'Pac sell before NWA?
40oz Graphire

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2003, 02:45:33 AM »
colors is from 96

pac got his beats from da bay and from kill kill outta watts !
he get dissed for that
haha

now dont tell me
pac got them dope ass original beats

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2003, 02:46:46 AM »
oh yea

also from prodeje from the SCC...

but that aint meanin shit...
they were friends, it was all gravy..

but PLEASE, please do not tell me, he got original beats !!!

T
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2003, 06:06:04 AM »
bullshit.

You people who say Eazy is responsible for Pac's success are a fucking trip. Yall have yet to show me one piece of HARD evidence that shows Eazy is responsible for Pac's success.

Just because Eazy and Ice T pioneered gangsta rap doesnt mean they are fully responsible for Pac's success. I promise you, if Eazy never existed, Pac woulda still sold millions of records.

And yes, Strictly had Public Enemy type beats. Listen to Fear Of A Black Planet, then listen to Strictly 4 My Niggaz......very similiar production..

Bullshit? I gave you all the evidence you needed..but becuz you dont know SHIT about rap you didnt get it.  Pac was goin barely Platinum with his other records BEFORE All Eyes on Me. You talkin about the production..if you didnt know in 1993 EVERYBODY and their moma did HIPHOP beats. Then came a group called Above the law and a dude named Dr Dre and changed the sound of the Westcoast..with funk and synths and shit. Those same beats that 2pac used for his ALL EYES ON ME record. When i said 6 million i was referring at the time this record "new" of course it has sold over 10 million by now..its 2003 now  ::)

But i guess this is hard for you to understand, you werent probably even born in 1988.

McDaddy187 aka Dj Mack

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2003, 07:03:40 AM »
Word .., Gangsta_T; Look at 2pac big hitters.. You said "Dear Mama"..Well, he got that shit from Kill Kill, "Cali Love", we all know who produced that track.. Like I said, 2pac was a great artist, also one of the greatest, but not the realist.. And so Eazy above Pac.. But look it also like this; Suge concidered Pac like his golden child and Pac represented wordwide,every recordstore had had posters of Pac's new release (even in Belgium), Mtv was playin 2pac 20/24..What had Eazy? I don't say he is underground or shit like that, but believe that there's a big difference! So comin up with numbers and sales, ain't right.. Pac was a great artist, true that..

And I'm out...

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2003, 07:21:45 AM »
word to tha last 2 posts :)
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2003, 08:13:52 AM »
Pac was rappin over Public Enemy type beats on his first two albums, especially on Strictly, which went platinum. Eazy had impact, but he wasnt one of Pac's influences. Rakim, Ice Cube, PE, and such were his main influences.

Eazy E could have never existed, and Pac woulda still became the best selling rapper of all time.

Whatta fuck are you talkin about? Public Enemy beats? Bobcat and Laylaw who did HIPHOP gangsta beats for the likes of:Eazy-E,Ice Cube and others...They are L.A. Producers...

The only from the Eastcoast on that album is Special K...Dj Daryl is from tha Bay..

The only reason Pac EVER could blow up is becuase of Eazy-E and Ice-t becuz they are the pioneers of "Gangsta" Rap...he did sell 6 million + with a album full of WESTCOAST beats and claimin WESTSIDE and clamin to be a THUG! shit Look at the albumcover  ::)

Do you think that Pac would have sold those numbers with an album filled of song like Dear Mama??? HELL NO!

bullshit.

so AEOM is over 10 mill, so what? nelly sold 9 million on a single album (not a double) , so what's your point

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

S.G.V.

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2003, 11:47:36 AM »
^^^lmao that was a good point i never thought of it that way...and actually its my understanding that double discs count as two when theyre sold so in reality pac only sold 5mil....if that is the truth...im not sure...anyway...if it wasnt for Eazy, Ice-T, NWA, Too Short payin the dues of actually gettin attention to the west pac wouldve never blew up...plus pac never blew up until deathrow...so if it wasnt for Eazy, im almost 100 % sure Deathrow wouldve never started...Dre would probably still be with the wreckin cru...and yall cant say pac blew up prior to deathrow...theres no way u can say that..if i hit up 90% of pac fans and tell them "name me three songs from 'Me Against The World' that were not singles." they just look at me like huh?...but when i say "name three songs from 'all eyez on me' that were not singles" and they name em...easily...if u even think for a minute that pac wouldve blew up on the east ur kidding urself...if it wasnt for pac reppin the west and dissin the east he wouldve never got so much attention...

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2003, 12:09:16 PM »
^^^lmao that was a good point i never thought of it that way...and actually its my understanding that double discs count as two when theyre sold so in reality pac only sold 5mil....if that is the truth...im not sure...anyway...if it wasnt for Eazy, Ice-T, NWA, Too Short payin the dues of actually gettin attention to the west pac wouldve never blew up...plus pac never blew up until deathrow...so if it wasnt for Eazy, im almost 100 % sure Deathrow wouldve never started...Dre would probably still be with the wreckin cru...and yall cant say pac blew up prior to deathrow...theres no way u can say that..if i hit up 90% of pac fans and tell them "name me three songs from 'Me Against The World' that were not singles." they just look at me like huh?...but when i say "name three songs from 'all eyez on me' that were not singles" and they name em...easily...if u even think for a minute that pac wouldve blew up on the east ur kidding urself...if it wasnt for pac reppin the west and dissin the east he wouldve never got so much attention...

Preach on!  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2003, 07:48:49 PM »
Tough decision...I gotta go with Pac...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2003, 09:32:26 PM »
i think if we're gonna argue whos a better rapper, then we should do just that. to say eazy is better because he opened the door for west coast acts isn't fair. if you're gonna argue like that, then you have to say there would also be no tupac with Too Short. he came out from the bay way before Pac. so therefore Too Short is better than pac right? so to me that argument is bullshit. make your point based on lyrics and flow and things like that. i love eazy, i own every solo and NWA album. he had a great voice, and a good flow. but many many times didn't write his own lyrics. and as far as his lyrics go, he stuck to one subject. its no comparison. Pac was lyrically superior, had a killer flow, wrote his own rhymes, and was one of the most diverse rappers ever (subject wise). so to me, under these criteria, its pac hands down.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2003, 01:18:24 AM »
I agree with Jerome on 1 point, you dont got to judge for someone that made ways for the other person... I voted for Eazy because I just think hes one of the greatests if not the greatest rapper all time as a person, hes style of flowing is so coldharding, I just cant say it enough...
40oz Graphire

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2003, 12:51:36 PM »
bullshit.

Bullshit? I gave you all the evidence you needed..but becuz you dont know SHIT about rap you didnt get it.  Pac was goin barely Platinum with his other records BEFORE All Eyes on Me. You talkin about the production..if you didnt know in 1993 EVERYBODY and their moma did HIPHOP beats. Then came a group called Above the law and a dude named Dr Dre and changed the sound of the Westcoast..with funk and synths and shit. Those same beats that 2pac used for his ALL EYES ON ME record. When i said 6 million i was referring at the time this record "new" of course it has sold over 10 million by now..its 2003 now  ::)

But i guess this is hard for you to understand, you werent probably even born in 1988.

You little ignorant fuck. I was born in 1978 and was listening to hip hop before you even knew what the fuck it was, so dont ever, ever question my knowlege again.

Again, Pac's album sales before AEOM are completely irrelvent to Eazy having impact on Pac. There is no connection there whatsoever, NONE. The reason AEOM sold so much more than his previous albums were A. California Love was HUGE, and was easily his biggest single to date, B. AEOM was his most commercial album, and C. It was released on Death Row.......Eazy had no impact on Pac. NONE. Big singles and Death Row Records are what made Pac blow up [besides the fact that just mad cats were feelin him]....lmao at you thinking AEOM and Pac blew up because of Eazy.

Im done with this argument. This shit is too easy. If someone can actually put up a LEGIT challenge against me, ill be more than happy to debate. But if you're gonna post something like this cat above me did, dont even bother.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2003, 12:55:11 PM »

bullshit.

so AEOM is over 10 mill, so what? nelly sold 9 million on a single album (not a double) , so what's your point

Difference is, Nelly's album is much cheaper......selling 5 million copies of a double cd is far more impressive than selling 8 million of a single cd.

Nelly's album is like $11.99 at most places, while AEOM is a $25 double cd.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

dpgc2002

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2003, 01:04:56 PM »
I bought AEOM for $19.99 the day it came out in '96...The stats are misleading though because only 5 million people own that album...