Poll

Who do you prefer?

Eazy
28 (44.4%)
Pac
35 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Eazy E vs. 2pac..  (Read 2463 times)

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:Eazy E vs. 2pac..
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2003, 02:47:46 PM »

Difference is, Nelly's album is much cheaper......selling 5 million copies of a double cd is far more impressive than selling 8 million of a single cd.

Nelly's album is like $11.99 at most places, while AEOM is a $25 double cd.

So Nelly's album is betta than Dogg Foot for example which was also released on Death Row at it's biggest time?

C'mon u know sales don't mean shit

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2003, 03:24:28 PM »
I agree, sales dont mean shit.....Illmatic is living proof of that. But nevertheless, the numbers AEOM put up [and still put up] are amazing. Before that album dropped, it was thought you had to be MC Hammer to sell those kind of units. Pac was the first legit rapper to prove otherwise.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2003, 03:25:39 PM »
I bought AEOM for $19.99 the day it came out in '96...The stats are misleading though because only 5 million people own that album...

Yea, the album still counts as 10 x platinum though, and its one of the top 3 selling rap albums ever, even if there are other albums more people bought.

min0rity

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2003, 03:53:59 PM »
i prefer pac

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2003, 10:16:23 PM »
bullshit.

You people who say Eazy is responsible for Pac's success are a fucking trip. Yall have yet to show me one piece of HARD evidence that shows Eazy is responsible for Pac's success.

Just because Eazy and Ice T pioneered gangsta rap doesnt mean they are fully responsible for Pac's success. I promise you, if Eazy never existed, Pac woulda still sold millions of records.

And yes, Strictly had Public Enemy type beats. Listen to Fear Of A Black Planet, then listen to Strictly 4 My Niggaz......very similiar production..

Also, I dont know where you've been, but AEOM is past 10 million now.

Bullshit? I gave you all the evidence you needed..but becuz you dont know SHIT about rap you didnt get it.  Pac was goin barely Platinum with his other records BEFORE All Eyes on Me. You talkin about the production..if you didnt know in 1993 EVERYBODY and their moma did HIPHOP beats. Then came a group called Above the law and a dude named Dr Dre and changed the sound of the Westcoast..with funk and synths and shit. Those same beats that 2pac used for his ALL EYES ON ME record. When i said 6 million i was referring at the time this record "new" of course it has sold over 10 million by now..its 2003 now  ::)

But i guess this is hard for you to understand, you werent probably even born in 1988.

You little ignorant fuck. I was born in 1978 and was listening to hip hop before you even knew what the fuck it was, so dont ever, ever question my knowlege again.

Again, Pac's album sales before AEOM are completely irrelvent to Eazy having impact on Pac. There is no connection there whatsoever, NONE. The reason AEOM sold so much more than his previous albums were A. California Love was HUGE, and was easily his biggest single to date, B. AEOM was his most commercial album, and C. It was released on Death Row.......Eazy had no impact on Pac. NONE. Big singles and Death Row Records are what made Pac blow up [besides the fact that just mad cats were feelin him]....lmao at you thinking AEOM and Pac blew up because of Eazy.

Im done with this argument. This shit is too easy. If someone can actually put up a LEGIT challenge against me, ill be more than happy to debate. But if you're gonna post something like this cat above me did, dont even bother.

Ignorant?? You are tha ignorant mothafucka! If you gonna argue about some shit..now YOUR SHIT! and READ the posts before postin shit, i NEVER said that Pac Blew because of Eazy..he was ABLE to do that Because of Eazy and Ice-T..."who started this gangsta shit??"

Anybody who think that Pac would have gotten so big cuz:

1) He was on DeathRow (Who would NEVER had happen without  Ruthless Records in the first place)

2) He claimin to be a Thug and a G, instead of rappin only Dear Mama songs IS A GODDAMN FOOL!

Peace

And Btw in none of your posts have you even been close of proof that you know more about this hiphop shit than me..BITCH!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2003, 11:29:16 PM »
I do know this, 'Pac was on Interscope, found by Digital Underground, and took more out of Rakim, KRS-One, Public Enemy, and Kool G Rap than Eazy E. And Kool G Rap was thug too.

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2003, 02:03:35 AM »
after that chino XL freestyle i gottta go wit Eazy but for reall Eazy iz tha better RAPPER but when it comez to writing rhymez pac iz trha better LYRICIST. im out!!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2003, 04:32:54 PM »
I do know this, 'Pac was on Interscope, found by Digital Underground, and took more out of Rakim, KRS-One, Public Enemy, and Kool G Rap than Eazy E. And Kool G Rap was thug too.
check it tho...it wouldve been highly unlikey for pac to get signed if NWA hadnt made it big prior to him...before NWA & Ice-T how many other West Coast Rappers got any attention?...none...Eazy and the rest made it, well, easy for a west coast rapper to get put on...and really not many were lookin to the bay as a commercial market...

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2003, 05:10:14 PM »
To me it's a nonsense to compare Eazy E to 2Pac. The first was a G, who made rap to get money. He repped G shit cause he lived G shit. He made Fuck The Police cause he was like that in real life. He was just repping his life. And the best way for him to do it was to rap about it and about his CPT.

2Pac was totally different. He wasnt a G. No way. He was poor, and yes, he lived in The Jungle, rolling with real Gs and shit, but he wasnt a real G. He was an artist. He was a brilliant actor. And a prolific rapper. He had a lot of things to say. He was intelligent, educated, informated. He loved to read, to talk about politics, about racism (listen to his early tracks, like Panther Power). His step-father was a G (who died in jail). The man who raised him was in the top 10 list for the US Most Wanted men, his Godfather was Geronimo Pratt, his mama was been in jail and was a founding member of the Black Panthers. When he said Fuck The Police, it had a TOTALLY DIFFERENT meaning. He hated police because he was raised by a family who was been oppressed and arrested or killed by police. But he never really spent a single night in jail (before the rape case).

Two different ways to say the same thing. But i cant compare the two. Pac loved NWA. He was been highly influenced by them and by Eazy-E (just check 2Pacalypse Now cd). Eazy made Gangsta Rap (i mean.. at that level). 2Pac made ppl think about things he rapped in his tracks. Two different kind of rappers. Both elevated Gangsta Rap.
''Red or Blue: which set u claim? Does it make a difference? One day we're gonna work it out all the colors ignorance'' (Tupac)

dpgc2002

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2003, 05:34:59 PM »
I agree Pac was the better lyricist cause Eazy didn't write many of his songs...I prefer Eazy cause of his flow which I think was better than Pac's, and the fact that eazy is quite entertaining to listen to...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2003, 10:11:21 AM »
I agree, sales dont mean shit.....Illmatic is living proof of that. But nevertheless, the numbers AEOM put up [and still put up] are amazing. Before that album dropped, it was thought you had to be MC Hammer to sell those kind of units. Pac was the first legit rapper to prove otherwise.
really.... what makes 2pac a more legit artist than mc hammer? mc hammer was a gimmick with pop rap, pac was a gimmick rapper with controversy

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2003, 10:33:56 AM »
really.... what makes 2pac a more legit artist than mc hammer? mc hammer was a gimmick with pop rap, pac was a gimmick rapper with controversy
What do you mean with "controversy"? Cause i dont see controversies in Pac. What do you mean? I think this is just a "label" media gave him. A fake one. Let's talk about it!
''Red or Blue: which set u claim? Does it make a difference? One day we're gonna work it out all the colors ignorance'' (Tupac)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2003, 11:16:36 AM »

LMAO at Pac being a gimmick rapper. The words "Pac" and "gimmick" rapper should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

And if you think there is no difference between MC Hammer and Pac, you're just plain out stupid.

Damn, some people on this board say the stupidest shit for the sake of argueing. Get some common sense than maybe we'll have something to discuss.....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 11:18:25 AM by hellrazor »

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2003, 11:56:18 AM »
If it wasnt for Pac we wouldnt have................Ja Rule!!!!! DMX!!!!! Jay Z!!!!!! and all these other biters..............Pac brought alot of negativity to Rap, yeah so did Eazy, but who here copped any west coast shit before NWA!!!!!!!! without NWA (Who basically was Eazy E who was the brains behind them) there wouldnt be no west, therfor no Pac!!!!!!!!!

Hell if it wasnt for Eazy there would be no Deathrow!!!!!!!!! thats right, it was thanks to Eazy E and Ruthless that Dre got the recognition he deserved, then Deathrow was born, do you think Pac would have made such a huge impact if it weren't for Deathrow, Deathrow was number 1, Pac just joined that bandwagon,

Yeah Pac is easily one of the greats, musically as in writing shit he has that advantage, anything else Eazy has fo sho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

First To Bomb

• Lil Geezy
  • Best Album Ever IMO
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2003, 03:49:15 PM »
OMG! I've read some real stupid shit, no offence. Pac was 16 when N.W.A. started to rap. How can you say bullshit like "if it wasnt for Eazy E...".. FOR SURE! Pac grew up listening to Eazy E & N.W.A.! He loved them! He mentioned them a lot in his early works. But this doesnt make Eazy E better than Pac. He was just older and he started to rap BEFORE Pac. That's all. I'll give him hella props. I love E like i love Pac. But to compare them is like comparing Jordan with Shaq. Different eras, different roles. You know what i mean? And, talking about 2Pac, he made his best album BEFORE Death Row (MATW). And he sold more than 3 millions BEFORE Death Row, in indipendent labels and without all the promotion Death Row had them days. Death Row just made Pac more "commercial", more popular. And Pac replied by outselling all alone Bad Boy Records, Nas & Jay-Z in 1996!

As a rapper, i think Bay Area made 2Pac. Guys like Mac Mall, Ray Luv, Shock-G, G Money, Spice 1, E-40, Digital Underground, 5150, etc.. Remember he started to rap when Snoop was still a drug dealer!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2003, 03:52:43 PM by .:Gary Soneji:. »