Author Topic: Kurupt says that Detox is going to do the same thing that 2001 did  (Read 1828 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kurupt says that Detox is going to do the same thing that 2001 did
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 01:54:56 AM »
Dre's than much of a perfectionist he didn't even produce the first single. :-\

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 05:16:54 AM »
would 2001 have been as influential if eminem wasn't involved?
i don't know, but eminem motivated dre
would 2001 have been as influential if eminem wasn't involved?
Absolutetly. At that point in time, people weren't even sure of how good Em was. Lot of people thought he was just some white shock value gimmick rapper that was gonna cursed by the sophomore jinx. Let's keep in mind that Em didn't really take off until Marshall Mathers LP dropped.
the marshall mathers lp sold more, but the slim shady lp was a success, so you're wrong.
otherwise they wouldn't have rushed the album in the first place

pira

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »
u a playa kurupt but im sorry i dont buy that.....dre would need to use his old songs....i just cant tink that he can produce like 2001 these days

we'll see though...kurupt & dre is a good combination...wish ther was dre produced album for kurupt though

i think dre can produce tracks of that quality but he's been trying to do differnet stuff ....i just hope he dont change it up to much

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 07:17:59 AM »
He might be right.. but just because it is Detox and everybody will ride the shit out of it!

Im sure it will just be a dope ass album but with nothin revolutionary/game changing shit on it..

midwestryder

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
what was it that 2001 do?  besides show us how wack dre and kurupt are..........
shut, hater , this just shows you no idea what you are talking about at all & that you have no taste at alll everything about 2001 was dope & proved how good dr dre & kurupt . there was nothing wack about like you are. go listen to wack ass crap you listen to because you taste is musci shows that ,hater

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 10:11:20 AM »
what was it that 2001 do?  besides show us how wack dre and kurupt are..........
shut, hater , this just shows you no idea what you are talking about at all & that you have no taste at alll everything about 2001 was dope & proved how good dr dre & kurupt . there was nothing wack about like you are. go listen to wack ass crap you listen to because you taste is musci shows that ,hater

you really need a hug or something my dude, all of your posts are just talking shit to posters that have a different opinion than you

ON TOPIC: Kurupt on Detox is a necessity
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:13:25 AM by BloodMoney »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
Absolutetly. At that point in time, people weren't even sure of how good Em was. Lot of people thought he was just some white shock value gimmick rapper that was gonna cursed by the sophomore jinx. Let's keep in mind that Em didn't really take off until Marshall Mathers LP dropped.
the marshall mathers lp sold more, but the slim shady lp was a success, so you're wrong.
otherwise they wouldn't have rushed the album in the first place
[/quote]  Well, I think you misunderstood what I said or perhaps, I phrased it in a confusing manner. Em's first album was a big seller but I don't think he was there yet. He was a white rapper with the Dr. Dre stamp so while certain folks loved him out the gate, he wasn't credible enough to be that big of influence yet in my opinion. Marshall Mathers LP was the one that made him the biggest and most talked-about star in music at that time.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 04:22:46 PM »
Would like to see kurupt on detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Matty

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
i highly doubt kurupt has heard much or any of what will be on the final version of detox. the wording of his comments is speculative - he's just guessing or giving his opinion on dre in general.

We Fly High

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »
^^ Kurupt and Dre have definitely tracked together for detox and wouldnt be surprised if it made the final cut.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:37:57 PM by We Fly High »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
what was it that 2001 do?  besides show us how wack dre and kurupt are..........

eurostan alert code red

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »
Kurupt should be all over Detox. I would hate to see 14 tracks with no repeat features. And no disrespect to Dre, but how did 2001 change the game? It was an amazing album for sure, but it didn't change anything really. In fact, around 1999 was when rap started getting worse. Name some classic westcoast albums after 1999. They can't compare to the classics released pre-1999.

Seriously. Detox will change nothing, and it especially won't change the west coast music scene. The guys putting out solid music will still put out solid music. The crap will stay crap, and album sales won't improve. Detox will sell, that's for sure. But that doesn't mean The Game will, or Quik, Xzibit, or Cube. Anyone but Dre struggles to go gold. Detox won't change that. Sales are down for a reason, and it's not due to a lack of quality. The worst albums sell the most these days.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 01:40:28 AM »
Well, I think you misunderstood what I said or perhaps, I phrased it in a confusing manner. Em's first album was a big seller but I don't think he was there yet. He was a white rapper with the Dr. Dre stamp so while certain folks loved him out the gate, he wasn't credible enough to be that big of influence yet in my opinion. Marshall Mathers LP was the one that made him the biggest and most talked-about star in music at that time.
fair enough.
i'm just saying that his singles of his first album were big at the time

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »
Kurupt should be all over Detox. I would hate to see 14 tracks with no repeat features. And no disrespect to Dre, but how did 2001 change the game? It was an amazing album for sure, but it didn't change anything really. In fact, around 1999 was when rap started getting worse. Name some classic westcoast albums after 1999. most of them can't compare to the classics released pre-1999.

Seriously. Detox will change nothing, and it especially won't change the west coast music scene. The guys putting out solid music will still put out solid music. The crap will stay crap, and album sales won't improve. Detox will sell, that's for sure. But that doesn't mean The Game will, or Quik, Xzibit, or Cube. Anyone but Dre struggles to go gold. Detox won't change that. Sales are down for a reason, and it's due to a lack of quality. The worst (or the best albums. it depends.) sell the most these days.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:42:25 PM by Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.