Author Topic: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**  (Read 2785 times)

rayman

• Lil Geezy
Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:58:05 AM »
Dre didnt even produce Kush and that shit is average. Its a sick beat for someone like Khalil but it sounds like any other recycled Dre beat. Banging drums and boring piano loop, and Akon is wack.

I Need A Doctor is corny and fucking awful. If this track really is on the album, thats already 2 out of 12 tracks that are average.

And none of the westcoast veterans will be on Detox apart from Snoop. I doubt kurupt, daz and all them dudes will be on the album.

And now were finding out that Keri Hilson will be on the album. Dre lost it a long time ago/

Anunikke

Re: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:07:51 AM »
It's getting to the point I'm starting to doubt detox will change the way people think about detox.

Same shit happened to the latest rakim album. People were comparing it to the fictional album they wanted it to be not the album it was.

Those 2 albums will go into hip-hop history as the two most slept on albums.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:31:22 AM »
I think an album by Gary Coleman would be more dope than detox........and also since detox means when you stop taking drugs to "detoxify" your body

why is the first single "kush"  about drugs?

"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

NoobCake

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:43:12 AM »
Dre didnt even produce Kush and that shit is average. Its a sick beat for someone like Khalil but it sounds like any other recycled Dre beat. Banging drums and boring piano loop, and Akon is wack.

I Need A Doctor is corny and fucking awful. If this track really is on the album, thats already 2 out of 12 tracks that are average.

And none of the westcoast veterans will be on Detox apart from Snoop. I doubt kurupt, daz and all them dudes will be on the album.

And now were finding out that Keri Hilson will be on the album. Dre lost it a long time ago/

Horrible post. Please don't post here again.  And i'm not even a Dre fan.
Dre did produce it.  It doesn't matter who played the piano, the composer was Dre.  Because Suge once made crackhead Daz say that Dre stole a beat from him, now every bum is on that "Dre didn't produce this" kick.  Every producer has a signature style and most of their beats sound similar.  Every Neptunes beat sounds the same.  Every Timbaland beat sounds the same.  Same thing for Cool and Dre, Toomp, Scot Storch etc.  

I need a doctor is produced by a better and more creative producer than anybody on the west right now with the exception of Dre.  None of these dudes (Battlecat, Quik, Daz, Meech Wells, Fredwreck etc.) are moving forward.  It's like they're are stuck in a time warp.  All of their shit sound dated as fuck.
It's a GOOD thing that none of the "westcoast veterans" will be on the album cause they all FUCKING SUCK.  A bunch of old irrelevant farts who have been making horrible music now for a decade.  If any of them called Dre up to ask to be on the album, Dre probably laughed and hung up.  The 90's are over.  They should except it and you should too.

MrMooz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 04:53:52 AM »
its funny how before any single appeared people were like "oh detox is a myth" "detox is coming nevuary" and shit like that now that the single is out and were gonna get detox in 2011 everyone one is like "kush is mediocre" "why is it kush if its detox" man u idiots are like broken records u just keep hating and looking for negative stuff all the time till u dont hear the whole record just shut up and also if u dont understand the Detox concept just dont post making a fool outta urself.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 04:56:43 AM by MrMooz »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »

Dre produced the record, not the beat.

Dr Dre is first and foremost a music-producer, not a beatmaker..
when will ppl learn that?

rayman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:10:31 AM »

Dre did produce it.  It doesn't matter who played the piano, the composer was Dre.  Because Suge once made crackhead Daz say that Dre stole a beat from him, now every bum is on that "Dre didn't produce this" kick.  Every producer has a signature style and most of their beats sound similar.  Every Neptunes beat sounds the same.  Every Timbaland beat sounds the same.  Same thing for Cool and Dre, Toomp, Scot Storch etc.  

I need a doctor is produced by a better and more creative producer than anybody on the west right now with the exception of Dre.  None of these dudes (Battlecat, Quik, Daz, Meech Wells, Fredwreck etc.) are moving forward.  It's like they're are stuck in a time warp.  All of their shit sound dated as fuck.
It's a GOOD thing that none of the "westcoast veterans" will be on the album cause they all FUCKING SUCK.  A bunch of old irrelevant farts who have been making horrible music now for a decade.  If any of them called Dre up to ask to be on the album, Dre probably laughed and hung up.  The 90's are over.  They should except it and you should too.

Who said anything about the 90's nigga?

bottom line is the beat was fucking average, didnt matter who produced it. I Need A Doctor was fucking wack and corny and Alex Da Kid is wack. Dre a creative producer? all he does is put a shitty piano loop over some loud ass drums. yea real fucking creative. Its like everyone forgot that Dre was hyping this up to be the most advanced hip hop album ever, and all we get is a throw away piano beat and some lame alex da kid production. why you mad son?

rayman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
its funny how before any single appeared people were like "oh detox is a myth" "detox is coming nevuary" and shit like that now that the single is out and were gonna get detox in 2011 everyone one is like "kush is mediocre" "why is it kush if its detox" man u idiots are like broken records u just keep hating and looking for negative stuff all the time till u dont hear the whole record just shut up and also if u dont understand the Detox concept just dont post making a fool outta urself.

well what do you want us to do? praise an average beat just because he finally decided to release one?

GTFOH with this shit.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 05:29:22 AM »
Dre didn't produce Kush, Khalil did. Dre mixed it. I Need a Doctor wasn't produced by Dre either and it is even a finished track. I need to hear a whole album of Dre produced songs before proclaiming he fell off.

NoobCake

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 05:32:43 AM »

bottom line is the beat was fucking average, didnt matter who produced it. I Need A Doctor was fucking wack and corny and Alex Da Kid is wack. Dre a creative producer? all he does is put a shitty piano loop over some loud ass drums. yea real fucking creative. Its like everyone forgot that Dre was hyping this up to be the most advanced hip hop album ever, and all we get is a throw away piano beat and some lame alex da kid production. why you mad son?

First of all learn to read.  I know i used some big words there, but still.  I didn't say dre was creative.  He is, however, no less creative than any other mainstream producer out there.  They make music for mainstream radio, so they're not allowed to be creative even if they wanted to.  So now you're not sure who produced?  It doesn't matter?  At first you were sure Dre didn't produce it.  Caught bullshitting?
And like i said, Alex da Kid is better than anybody making music in the west right now.
Hyping your album is called promotion.  Everybody does it.
I'm not mad.  Like i said i'm not even a Dre fan.  The only one getting emotional here is you.  You're embarrassing yourself here.

rayman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42:10 AM »

First of all learn to read.  I know i used some big words there, but still.  I didn't say dre was creative.  He is, however, no less creative than any other mainstream producer out there.  They make music for mainstream radio, so they're not allowed to be creative even if they wanted to.  So now you're not sure who produced?  It doesn't matter?  At first you were sure Dre didn't produce it.  Caught bullshitting?
And like i said, Alex da Kid is better than anybody making music in the west right now.
I'm not mad.  Like i said i'm not even a Dre fan.  The only one getting emotional here is you.  You're embarrassing yourself here.

O RLY?

"I need a doctor is produced by a better and more creative producer than anybody on the west right now with the exception of Dre"

Alex Da Kid is fucking wack. and why has it gotta be a westcoast producer? he could have could anyone from the east, midwest, someone like ski beatz. but nah this dude goes with a nobody that makes shit beats.

we been waitin for detox for 5 years and he aint even producing his own tracks.

Dre is no longer even a top 5 producer anymore.

sit down kid.

NoobCake

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 06:02:06 AM »

O RLY?

"I need a doctor is produced by a better and more creative producer than anybody on the west right now with the exception of Dre"

Alex Da Kid is fucking wack. and why has it gotta be a westcoast producer? he could have could anyone from the east, midwest, someone like ski beatz. but nah this dude goes with a nobody that makes shit beats.

we been waitin for detox for 5 years and he aint even producing his own tracks.

Dre is no longer even a top 5 producer anymore.

sit down kid.

You're getting overly emotional and are not making any sense.  This is a westcoast forum so i only care about Alex Da Kid in relation to the westcoast.  I don't give a shit about east, midwest, south.  Again, i'm not defending Dre.  Imo He's no better or worse than any other mainstream producer.  As far as "he ain't even producing his own tracks", were you there in the studio?
And ending with "sit down kid" does not make your argument stronger or mine any weaker. 

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 06:06:22 AM »
I'm looking forward to it, and it will probably knock, fuck what you think.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 06:43:45 AM »
Everyone has such high expectations for detox, its never going to match them.

If you took dre's name of kush and had it as another artist, everyone would be saying how dope it is. But because its dre it needs to be incredible for it not to be classed as wack.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Portugoal

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »
Kush isn't as good as we all hoped the first single would be. It had (has) a lot of replay value though. I Need A Doctor is one of the worst tracks I heard this year. Keri Hilson is hit or miss, so I can't judge on that yet.