Author Topic: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**  (Read 2818 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

Your starting to dig yourself in deeper.  Bitches Ain't Shit, Natural Born Killaz, Remember me, etc. are not "easy-listening" tracks.  Michael Bolton playing sax is easy-listening but also, to some, jazz.  Michael Buble is easy-listening but also, to some, lounge music and pop (as a genre). 

Posting a couple tracks doesn't mean anything since I didn't say every song of his could be considered pop. I said he has made pop music throughout his career.

Underground stay underground because they try to stay underground meaning anti-promo, anti-conform, etc.

You're essentially agreeing with me here. Dre is pop because he makes music that is intended to either conform or create conformity.

If your talking about Dre being "easy-listening" ONLY in the hip-hop context your still getting mixed up.  I don't know anyone other than yourself who has an "easy-listening" sub-category in the Hip-Hop genre.  

Oh Rally? How do you explain a song like In da Club? That song can't be described as anything other than a song for the club. Doesn't that make it "easy-listening." What about How We Do? The Next Episode? Nuthin But a G Thang? These are all songs I would describe as easy listening. Simple but catchy beats with with simple catchy lyrics and hooks. Certainly more easy-listening than this song, wouldn't you say?

Pop music in hip hop must exist because people use those words to describe music. Just look on any song posted on this forum and you'll hear comments like "this won't get any airplay" or "this is a good mainstream track" "this will make a good club song".

Even look at your own comment. You specifically pointed out some of Dre's more hardcore tracks. If Remember Me is not "easy-listening", then you're implying that some of his other songs are.

Will_B

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
Nah you're getting hung up on the terminology. Sorry.

Dre can be a popstar without making pop because his tracks chart. Just like Bob Marly say.

Easy Listening is music terminology - its a genre. Easy to listen to music isn't in the Genre of Easy Listening by default.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »
This argument is retarded lol.

Dre has made great, classic music; end of discussion. Who THE FUCK cares what you people consider it?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
Nah you're getting hung up on the terminology. Sorry.

Dre can be a popstar without making pop because his tracks chart. Just like Bob Marly say.

Easy Listening is music terminology - its a genre. Easy to listen to music isn't in the Genre of Easy Listening by default.

It should be fairly obvious I'm not talking about a music genre.

Stan

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
It should be fairly obvious I'm not talking about a music genre.
If your not, your still not making any sense.  You just said 50 Cent was "easy listening" same with next episode.  I suppose you have a hard listening category toO?

I have never heard of anyone who puts Hip-Hop songs into "easy listening" and "pop" sub-genres.  Hip-hop is the genre... there is no "easy listening" tracks WITHIN Hip-Hop unless you make up your own criteria (which you have). 

If your gonna argue about why you think in da club is easy listening then forget it cuz now your just arguing about personal taste. 

Anunikke

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »
Dre isn't pop, kanye isn't mainstream, dubcc is now completely lost.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
DubCC. Where people argue about Dr. Dre being a pop artist.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Stan

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
DubCC. Where people argue about Dr. Dre being a pop artist.
I'm arguing against it ...

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2010, 09:45:18 PM »
Totally agree with the thread starter.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »

Dre has made great, classic music; end of discussion. Who THE FUCK cares what you people consider it?

Man, you are the Lady Gaga fan, right? That says it all right there..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2010, 09:54:41 PM »

I fail to see how that's the least bit relevant lol.

Just because you have a lack of diversity in music, doesn't mean everybody should.

Sikotic™

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »
It's hip-hop or nuthin, Cham. I thought you knew this already :)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2010, 10:42:45 PM »
It's hip-hop or nuthin, Cham. I thought you knew this already :)

Nobody sent me that memo lol.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »

Just because you have a lack of diversity in music, doesn't mean everybody should.

It's relevant, because it makes your opinion on music worthless (to me, at least). It also helps me understand why you digg the stuff Dre is putting out these days.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »

It's relevant, because it makes your opinion on music worthless (to me, at least). It also helps me understand why you digg the stuff Dre is putting out these days.

So because I'm open to other genres & other sounds of music, that makes my opinion "worthless"? :D

You actually just killed the validity of your own opinion, dick lmao.

It ain't '92 anymore, chief. Time to face fact.