Author Topic: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**  (Read 2830 times)

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
Re: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »

So because I'm open to other genres & other sounds of music, that makes my opinion "worthless"? :D

You actually just killed the validity of your own opinion, dick lmao.

It ain't '92 anymore, chief. Time to face fact.

I'm not talking about other genres, I'm talking about pop music made for 13 year old girls. And you can stop trying to act like I'm stuck in the 90's, because you know nothing of my musical taste.

Anunikke

« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2010, 03:56:51 AM »
This argument is retarded lol.

Dre has made great, classic music; end of discussion. Who THE FUCK cares what you people consider it?

Man, you are the Lady Gaga fan, right? That says it all right there..

I fail to see how that's the least bit relevant lol.

Just because you have a lack of diversity in music, doesn't mean everybody should.

It's relevant, because it makes your opinion on music worthless (to me, at least). It also helps me understand why you digg the stuff Dre is putting out these days.

So because I'm open to other genres & other sounds of music, that makes my opinion "worthless"? :D

Didn't you say you only listen to radio R&B besides hip-hop?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »

I'm not talking about other genres, I'm talking about pop music made for 13 year old girls. And you can stop trying to act like I'm stuck in the 90's, because you know nothing of my musical taste.

That would be another genre, sir..

& what is your musical taste? Because I'm sure it's a bunch of 90's shit otherwise you couldn't co-sign an entire album as sucking ass while you've heard two songs off of it & "I Need A Doctor" might not even make it; so basically just one.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »
This argument is retarded lol.

Dre has made great, classic music; end of discussion. Who THE FUCK cares what you people consider it?

Man, you are the Lady Gaga fan, right? That says it all right there..

I fail to see how that's the least bit relevant lol.

Just because you have a lack of diversity in music, doesn't mean everybody should.

It's relevant, because it makes your opinion on music worthless (to me, at least). It also helps me understand why you digg the stuff Dre is putting out these days.

Didn't you say you only listen to radio R&B besides hip-hop?

Mainly, just Hip Hop & R&B. But I listen to some songs of some artists across all genres of music; but I would have to guess that only takes up 10% of my musical interests & the rest is Hip Hop & R&B.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »
Listen young guns...the good doctor is hip hop/pop/r&b..he has went pop with EVE and Gwen Stefani..he is pop now because he is past the limit of being popular amongst the masses(europe,japan,usa ect.)....now do he has easy listening tracks..NO!I cant name 1...easy listening in hip hop is (warren g,Digable planets, Luaryn  Hill ect.)..why is this so hard to see.whats the problem.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2010, 09:56:36 AM »

Your starting to dig yourself in deeper.  Bitches Ain't Shit, Natural Born Killaz, Remember me, etc. are not "easy-listening" tracks.  Michael Bolton playing sax is easy-listening but also, to some, jazz.  Michael Buble is easy-listening but also, to some, lounge music and pop (as a genre). 

Posting a couple tracks doesn't mean anything since I didn't say every song of his could be considered pop. I said he has made pop music throughout his career.

Underground stay underground because they try to stay underground meaning anti-promo, anti-conform, etc.

You're essentially agreeing with me here. Dre is pop because he makes music that is intended to either conform or create conformity.

If your talking about Dre being "easy-listening" ONLY in the hip-hop context your still getting mixed up.  I don't know anyone other than yourself who has an "easy-listening" sub-category in the Hip-Hop genre.  

Oh Rally? How do you explain a song like In da Club? That song can't be described as anything other than a song for the club. Doesn't that make it "easy-listening." What about How We Do? The Next Episode? Nuthin But a G Thang? These are all songs I would describe as easy listening. Simple but catchy beats with with simple catchy lyrics and hooks. Certainly more easy-listening than this song, wouldn't you say?

Pop music in hip hop must exist because people use those words to describe music. Just look on any song posted on this forum and you'll hear comments like "this won't get any airplay" or "this is a good mainstream track" "this will make a good club song".

Even look at your own comment. You specifically pointed out some of Dre's more hardcore tracks. If Remember Me is not "easy-listening", then you're implying that some of his other songs are.
I feel u on some things,but sorry my friend in da club and the others u named,are not in the easy listening section period..now it being not complicated to listen to, yeah..but easy listen section..it will never be.

Will_B

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
Listen young guns...the good doctor is hip hop/pop/r&b..he has went pop with EVE and Gwen Stefani..he is pop now because he is past the limit of being popular amongst the masses(europe,japan,usa ect.)....now do he has easy listening tracks..NO!I cant name 1...easy listening in hip hop is (warren g,Digable planets, Luaryn  Hill ect.)..why is this so hard to see.whats the problem.

Hmmm, well I'd say Warren actually makes music no one generally likes (and I'm a big fan) his style is more softer rap and big instrumentals, more liks a liad back version of Quik. Luaryn Hill is a incredible lyricist and a fierce rapper and although she does ballads too with her solo stuff she's still not pop.

Some examples of pop rap artists for me would be

Puffy
Will Smith
Wyclef Jean (though he makes great music)
Ja Rule
Richard Blackwood lol
Joe Budden
50 Cent (only some)
Snoop (flexible enough to do whatever he wants)
Lloyd Banks
Coolio (always been on the edge of straight pop rap, but mainly because he's a talented hit maker. He's still a rapper first and foremost)
JD
Rufus Blaq :-X

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »

& what is your musical taste? Because I'm sure it's a bunch of 90's shit otherwise you couldn't co-sign an entire album as sucking ass while you've heard two songs off of it & "I Need A Doctor" might not even make it; so basically just one.
Why u shitting on the best times in hiphop!what has the 90s done to u to make u be so disrespectful toward that musical time..cause i know lil.brothas that wish they where in the 90s era...stop that kind of hate homie u love hiphop but shit on it at the same time....your stuck in the 90s..niggaz kill me.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »

Hmmm, well I'd say Warren actually makes music no one generally likes (and I'm a big fan) his style is more softer rap and big instrumentals, more liks a liad back version of Quik. Luaryn Hill is a incredible lyricist and a fierce rapper and although she does ballads too with her solo stuff she's still not pop.

Some examples of pop rap artists for me would be

Puffy
Will Smith
Wyclef Jean (though he makes great music)
Ja Rule
Richard Blackwood lol
Joe Budden
50 Cent (only some)
Snoop (flexible enough to do whatever he wants)
Lloyd Banks
Coolio (always been on the edge of straight pop rap, but mainly because he's a talented hit maker. He's still a rapper first and foremost)
JD
Rufus Blaq :-X
I agree..besides 1 thing..warren g is easy listening though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »

Why u shitting on the best times in hiphop!what has the 90s done to u to make u be so disrespectful toward that musical time..cause i know lil.brothas that wish they where in the 90s era...stop that kind of hate homie u love hiphop but shit on it at the same time....your stuck in the 90s..niggaz kill me.

I'm not shitting on the 90's. I love music from the 90's.

But I also find a way to love music from today, without sitting there hating it because it doesn't sound like music from the 90's.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »

But I also find a way to love music from today, without sitting there hating it because it doesn't sound like music from the 90's.

It has nothing to do with the era of music. In the 90's you had Madonna and the Spice Girls, you probably like them too.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
Lets get one thing clear. I'm not comparing Dr. Dre to Justin Timberlake or any boy bands. We are talking about the hip hop genre here. Dre is pop because he makes music that is targeted at the mainstream and intended to get airplay, aka music that most hip hop fans want to hear. That's what easy-listening is.

Your starting to dig yourself in deeper.  Bitches Ain't Shit, Natural Born Killaz, Remember me, etc. are not "easy-listening" tracks.  Michael Bolton playing sax is easy-listening but also, to some, jazz.  Michael Buble is easy-listening but also, to some, lounge music and pop (as a genre). 

If your talking about Dre being "easy-listening" ONLY in the hip-hop context your still getting mixed up.  I don't know anyone other than yourself who has an "easy-listening" sub-category in the Hip-Hop genre. 
Your opening a can of worms, or whatever you call it re: underground.  Underground stay underground cuz they suck OR because they try to stay underground meaning anti-promo, anti-conform, etc.  A lot of good underground artists will get picked up and promoted eventually, and in your defin will become pop.   ???

The guy is a fucken idiot. Just ignore him. Dude thinks Real Motherfucking G's is Pop hahaha! Let him be. Just tell him what he wants to hear.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2010, 04:29:56 PM »

It has nothing to do with the era of music. In the 90's you had Madonna and the Spice Girls, you probably like them too.

I obviously meant 90's Hip Hop.

& no, I was never into that. Lady Gaga is the only artist who makes that kind of music that I like.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2010, 04:42:37 PM »
let's get back on topic......detox won't be any good....

Ke$ha is the new dr. dre
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
let's get back on topic......detox won't be any good....

Ke$ha is the new dr. dre

wow. i've seen it all
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.