Author Topic: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**  (Read 2826 times)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »
and basically youre saying that you find dr dre more attractive than dubcc's milf orit, pretty gay

i guess, if that helps your crude fantasy... i suppose, sure. :monkey:
but really what's the point of getting into it w/ you. it's not fair to you cuz, due to your remedial debilitation, I might get accused of abusing the mentally handicapped... :-X
what an absolute, fucking-despicable waste of time & forum-sever space for actual discourses among REAL, useful contributors ... ^ :sign_banhim: DUBCC
srsly, what the fuck is the point of allowing perma-troll(s) to dwell on your board, dubcc mods/admin... ??? really not a good look. :-\

europe  :grumpy:

also I'm American btw... :-\ dim-wit. :laugh:
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 04:13:18 PM »
yes it is not a good look to have someone constantly acting like saying you are from europe is an insult......then it is not a good look
to have a weird woman in a green dress posted everywhere.....

"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Muhfukka

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
and basically youre saying that you find dr dre more attractive than dubcc's milf orit, pretty gay

i guess, if that helps your crude fantasy... i suppose, sure. :monkey:
but really what's the point of getting into it w/ you. it's not fair to you cuz, due to your remedial debilitation, I might get accused of abusing the mentally handicapped... :-X
what an absolute, fucking-despicable waste of time & forum-sever space for actual discourses among REAL, useful contributors ... ^ :sign_banhim: DUBCC
srsly, what the fuck is the point of allowing perma-troll(s) to dwell on your board, dubcc mods/admin... ??? really not a good look. :-\

europe  :grumpy:

also I'm American btw... :-\ dim-wit. :laugh:
hahaha your intellectual fortitude has masticated the reticulum of your innermost desires through the forum in which.....cut the crap euro, youre a faggot and a flaming one at that

Muhfukka

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »
yes it is not a good look to have someone constantly acting like saying you are from europe is an insult......then it is not a good look

yeah and telling everyone that you shoot heroin and cocaine is cool....euro

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »
You really need to earn your stripes before you start talking trash about who the haters are when you just registered here a few months ago.  People think they can just come in here and start dissing everybody when they just registered.  ::)  It's rude as hell.
  LMAO!  Message board stripes? Good one, Myth.

This thread has me thinking though. 2011 might be the death of this board. Think about it. If Detox drops and Crooked I finally releases a solo album, what will this fucking board have left to bitch about?

tabernacle.

they better hope dre goes on tour or something...thsi album is the wc last stab at being a factor in the game.

Muhfukka

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
they can bitch about how their beer and chocolate is better than the next euros

Anunikke

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »

Muhfucka's experience with euro's is limited to this message board, taking that into consideration I have to say that -as a european- I understand.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »
Some of you Dre stans are really a bunch of miserable fucks, you know that? Y'all finally get what you've been waiting 10+ years for and you're still not happy. There is pretty much only one thing y'all agree with and that this:

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2010, 05:08:51 PM »

Stan

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
But you can't deny that Dre is pop (in a hip hop context). That's the type of music he's made throughout his career. I would say he's one of the main people responsible for commercializing hip hop.
Hip hop context fine.  Type of music made through career... absolutely not.  I highly doubt he goes into the studio saying "I'm gonna focus on making a pop track today."  That's not how it works...
People forget that gangster rap WAS pop in the 90s....Because that's what was considered pop back then. And Dre was at the head that movement.
No it wasn't... New Kids, Backstreet, and Weird Al were pop, not Dr. Dre.  Sorry, that's incorrect.  They broke barriers by getting hip-hop onto the charts.  You can look it up.
Pop isn't one type of music only, its the kind of music that is appealing to the mainstream, and mainstream tastes change over time. Drake, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem etc. wouldn't have been considered pop in the 90s.
I already said that on the Beatles.  They defined the "pop" thing.  Today they would be rock or because of popularity, rock-pop.
Just out of curiosity, what would make Forgot About Dre any more pop than the rest of the album?
Eminem.  Yea he is rap but he is so popular he transcends it.  Think about the context of the song... can any other artist pull that off as a single?
You look at some "underground" or whatever you wanna call it artists and the one track on the album produced by Dr. Dre is the best.
To quote O.D.B. "nigga please." Stan indeed.
[/quote]
Fair enough... but your just as much as a Stan as me.  Look at how many posts you have... there is a little Stan in all of us  ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:56:10 PM by Stan »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
But you can't deny that Dre is pop (in a hip hop context). That's the type of music he's made throughout his career. I would say he's one of the main people responsible for commercializing hip hop.
Hip hop context fine.  Type of music made through career... absolutely not.  I highly doubt he goes into the studio saying "I'm gonna focus on making a pop track today."  That's not how it works...

He certainly focuses on making "hits"

People forget that gangster rap WAS pop in the 90s....Because that's what was considered pop back then. And Dre was at the head that movement.
No it wasn't... New Kids, Backstreet, and Weird Al were pop, not Dr. Dre.  Sorry, that's incorrect.  They broke barriers by getting hip-hop onto the charts.  You can look it up.

Oh it definitely was. Nuthin But A G Thang is like the epitome of pop rap.

Just out of curiosity, what would make Forgot About Dre any more pop than the rest of the album?
Eminem.  Yea he is rap but he is so popular he transcends it.  Think about the context of the song... can any other artist pull that off as a single?

Sure, Eminem may transcend rap now. But remember this was Eminem one album deep. He wasn't as big then as he is now. Snoop was more of a pop star at that point. And besides, a song is not pop just because of who's on it. Eminem being featured on a song is not necessarily going to make it a pop song. He could be on some grimy underground song spitting a raw flow and that wouldn't make the song pop.

Not sure what you mean by context. Its a "Dre is back, don't forget it" single. I don't see it as any harder to pull off than Snoop doing the hook on Still Dre.

The Next Episode is way more pop than Forgot About Dre. Dre + Snoop rapping about partying not to mention the go-to hook guy Nate Dogg.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2010, 01:08:29 AM »
Dre entered the mainstream with NWA, end of story.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2010, 02:39:38 AM »
Pop isn't one type of music only, its the kind of music that is appealing to the mainstream, and mainstream tastes change over time. Drake, Black Eyed Peas, Eminem etc. wouldn't have been considered pop in the 90s.
I already said that on the Beatles.  They defined the "pop" thing.  Today they would be rock or because of popularity, rock-pop.
You look at some "underground" or whatever you wanna call it artists and the one track on the album produced by Dr. Dre is the best.
To quote O.D.B. "nigga please." Stan indeed.
Fair enough... but your just as much as a Stan as me.  Look at how many posts you have... there is a little Stan in all of us  ;)
[/quote]

off topic. You're wrong. The Beatles are rock today and they were back then in late 60s. You probably haven't heard their albums. At the beginning of their career they were pop as fuck - no doubt. It wasn't due to the popularity. They were pop because they were recording easy-listening songs and they had great marketing behind them. But since mid/late 60s they were revolutionizing the rock music. They were ahead of their times with their experimental sound. And this experimental sound revolutionized rock music. I am a big fan of their late albums. It's amazing... i can still hear their influence in recent rock songs...

btw. did you know The Beatles was the first band that used sampling in their records. Yes...the same sampling method that was later used in hip hop music...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:45:26 AM by shoo »

David Gutterman

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 06:57:17 AM »

how about this sweater?