Author Topic: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**  (Read 2824 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »
whats w/ obsessing over nationality/sexuality? why so prejudice... ??? i thought this was a west-coast hip-hop forum...

;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
95% of you aren't even judging the music on those albums as much as you're judging the nostalgia attached to them. Nothing can compete with that. You're not gonna get the same feeling in your late 20's or early 30's with a cynical mindstate as you did when you were a care-free 11-year old or teenager.

This.

Its kinda funny to see people complaining about the lyrics or subject matter on the recent Dre songs (did we listen to the same albums?). Same goes for people saying he's trying to go pop. Dre has always been pop. The only reason we are Dre fans today is because throughout his career he's focused on making music that bumps and will get airplay.

If you think Dre has always been Pop, than you dont know what pop is homie. Pop is Michael Jackson, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, shit that you mostly hear today on radio. Pop music is like Dance music where you go to club and boogie. Does Dre make POPular music? Yes but to say he is literally Pop, is wrong. Dre is Hip Hop. Most of his old school shit is straight HIp Hop! Like NWA era and Chronic's. The shit with Dre is that unlike many producers, he has the ability to make records that TOP the fucken charts, even if they dont sound POPPY. In da Club, Nothing But a G thang, Still DRE, Gin and JUice are all Popular records that aint nothing like the POp shit you hear now. Dre is well respected by Hip Hop heads and will continue to be respected because he is an Innovator. As a matter of fact, Considering how famous Dr. Dre is and how he is always compared to Quincy Jones, im surprised he literally has not gone POP. The guy is still original and does some amazing shit. Some of the Beats that he did for Busta were straight fire. Nothing Poppy, like Dont get Carried away ft NAs, Get you Some, Cocaina, Legends of the fall offs? Those beats were fucken sick. Dre also makes beat that fit a concept. He can make beats that may fit perfectly with a story. Dr Dre is just a monster and like i said before, even if he does not top the last 2 albums, im sure he wont bring out anything less than great.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Will_B

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »
And no way has Dre only ever done 'Easy listening' tracks. What planet are you on? :) some of his best tracks are hard as fuck. As a rule tracks with thugish lyrics don't have mainstream appeal. It's not only about beats.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
And no way has Dre only ever done 'Easy listening' tracks. What planet are you on? :) some of his best tracks are hard as fuck. As a rule tracks with thugish lyrics don't have mainstream appeal. It's not only about beats.

Its a fact Dre makes easy listening songs. And you must be joking to say thuggish lyrics don't have mainstream appeal when the 90s thrived off that type of music. Music that didn't have that hard appeal was seen as too soft and not having mainstream appeal. It was all about acting hard and exaggerating street cred because that's what sold records. Where do you think the whole idea of studio gangsters came from? Let me guess, you're from Europe....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »
In da Club, Nothing But a G thang, Still DRE, Gin and JUice are all Popular records that aint nothing like the POp shit you hear now.

Do you expect mainstream records from the 90s to sound like mainstream records in 2010? Mainstream tastes change all the time.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 12:19:21 AM »
In da Club, Nothing But a G thang, Still DRE, Gin and JUice are all Popular records that aint nothing like the POp shit you hear now.

Do you expect mainstream records from the 90s to sound like mainstream records in 2010? Mainstream tastes change all the time.

Sure why not?? If you are talking about POP music of course. Now if your talking about Hip hop, than obviously it has changed from the past. My comment was regarding Dre always being Pop. That's false.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Anunikke

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »
hahaha your intellectual fortitude has masticated the reticulum of your innermost desires through the forum in which.....cut the crap euro, youre a faggot and a flaming one at that

who's euro?? & whats w/ obsessing over nationality/sexuality? why so prejudice... ??? i thought this was a west-coast hip-hop forum... :-\ isn't this the subject matter that shall be discussed here?
I'm comfortable enough to be publicly secure w/ my sexuality, so please keep the inadequate insults coming, too bad you can't muster the same level of distinguished sophistication as i have in my life...
'Muhfukka' what an insecure, lost, lonely child you are, :-X seriously keep trying harder troll, wasting your time on this forum calling everyone/anyone a homo cuz your mother didn't love you or hug you enough as a child so that now, you have to resort to acting-out like a complete senseless moron, yelping, drawing all this unabated attention to yourself because your not intelligent nor constructive enough to find something more productive to do that just might have a meaningful, practical/useful impact on someone or something, somewhere else... ::) what a truly SAD display of wasted human potential. :'(

now I'm done w/ this crap, schooling you little kids, lecturing & all THIS.
this is my last post/interjection on this childish, unnecessary behavior. ;D

Thank You.
Dumb People trying to act smart are very amusing.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »
Does Dre make POPular music? Yes but to say he is literally Pop, is wrong. Dre is Hip Hop. 
Pop is popular music. If a song reaches mainstream radio, it's pop.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2010, 05:05:55 AM »
NWA is and was not pop.  Something that was banned and got onto the radio doesn't automatically makie it pop.  I think we all may have different definitions of "pop" here so that is why it is getting confusing...
Recorded music was popularized in the late 60s cuz of the LP.  Albums overtook singles and yes rock-bands had majority of the sales in the late 60s (Hendrix, Zepplin, Beatles, etc.)  This is why I say they blend into "pop" music because that was when teens could afford the albums...  This is where the term started... Top 40, FM, etc... beatles, zepplin etc...
I think now label heads have found a "gimmick" or "sound' in which the masses will listen to.  Something simple, hooky, etc.
Pop was never a genre until recently.
NWA blew up, they didn't remain in the underground.

We came a long way from not givin a fuck
Sellin tapes out of a trunk to movin this far up
Now we got the whole world starstruck

Stan

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2010, 08:25:37 AM »
They were pop because they were recording easy-listening songs

Exactly what I mean when I say pop. Pop = easy listening, mainstream-oriented.....Whether its of better quality than a producer with a more underground sound is entirely subjective.
I can't even argue with some of your stuff it's so absurd  ::)
So now your saying pop is a genre (easy listening), okay, and Dre makes easy-listening music.  If we want to get into genres now your not gonna find Dr. Dre in the "easy-listening" section at your local record store.  I highly doubt Michael Bolton, Michael Buble, and NWA and 2001 are sitting side by side.  jeeeez  ???

So we have pop as in popular and pop as in genre.  Dre is popular, but no, he does not fall into the false genre of "pop."  Sorry... and stop saying everything is a fact because your arguing about subjective things... Like 2001 is better than Doggystyle and that's fact... go loot it up in Guinness book of records.

Stan

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2010, 08:33:17 AM »
If you think Dre has always been Pop, than you dont know what pop is homie. Pop is Michael Jackson, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, shit that you mostly hear today on radio. Pop music is like Dance music where you go to club and boogie. Does Dre make POPular music? Yes but to say he is literally Pop, is wrong. Dre is Hip Hop. Most of his old school shit is straight HIp Hop! Like NWA era and Chronic's.
Exactly also I'm sure if you talk to his peers.. anyone from Ghostface to Bilal to Kurupt to B-Real I highly highly doubt any of them will say "fuck yea Dre is pop man... that guy lives and breathes pop... perfect example.  He should be up there with Madonna..."
He probably has the utmost respect from those dudes as a hip-hop icon that still remains so.

~Styles~

• Lil Geezy
  • standard.
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
Damn is this Rapture dude fo' real. The guy has got to be from Europe...it's the only logical explanation..

Much love.

Anunikke

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2010, 11:13:46 AM »
How is dre not pop?
Sure he's not lady gaga pop but he is pop no doubt.

Do you really think dre is just delaying detox for so long because he wants it to sound good?
Fuck no he needs to be sure it sells.

And how often do you hear of dre working with an underground artists not signed to him?
You know damn well you'd be more surprised to hear he was working with Ill Bill than you would if he was working with Lady Gaga.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »
How is dre not pop?
Sure he's not lady gaga pop but he is pop no doubt.

Do you really think dre is just delaying detox for so long because he wants it to sound good?
Fuck no he needs to be sure it sells.

And how often do you hear of dre working with an underground artists not signed to him?
You know damn well you'd be more surprised to hear he was working with Ill Bill than you would if he was working with Lady Gaga.
um, doesnt he have like tens of artists we cant even name on his tracks?