Author Topic: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**  (Read 2784 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Lets Face It - Detox Will Suck A**
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2010, 12:41:09 PM »
In da Club, Nothing But a G thang, Still DRE, Gin and JUice are all Popular records that aint nothing like the POp shit you hear now.

Do you expect mainstream records from the 90s to sound like mainstream records in 2010? Mainstream tastes change all the time.

Sure why not?? If you are talking about POP music of course. Now if your talking about Hip hop, than obviously it has changed from the past. My comment was regarding Dre always being Pop. That's false.

Lets get one thing clear. I'm not comparing Dr. Dre to Justin Timberlake or any boy bands. We are talking about the hip hop genre here. Dre is pop because he makes music that is targeted at the mainstream and intended to get airplay, aka music that most hip hop fans want to hear. That's what easy-listening is.

Will_B

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »
Easy listening is shit like Abba.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »
Does Dre make POPular music? Yes but to say he is literally Pop, is wrong. Dre is Hip Hop. 
Pop is popular music. If a song reaches mainstream radio, it's pop.

No shit but thats not what the guy meant. He made it seem as if Dr Dre is not hardcore. Like he is not True Hip Hop, ya dig? So what im saying is that Dr. Dre can still be hardcore and be Mainstream.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »
In da Club, Nothing But a G thang, Still DRE, Gin and JUice are all Popular records that aint nothing like the POp shit you hear now.

Do you expect mainstream records from the 90s to sound like mainstream records in 2010? Mainstream tastes change all the time.

Sure why not?? If you are talking about POP music of course. Now if your talking about Hip hop, than obviously it has changed from the past. My comment was regarding Dre always being Pop. That's false.

Lets get one thing clear. I'm not comparing Dr. Dre to Justin Timberlake or any boy bands. We are talking about the hip hop genre here. Dre is pop because he makes music that is targeted at the mainstream and intended to get airplay, aka music that most hip hop fans want to hear. That's what easy-listening is.

That does not mean he is POP!! You cant fucken predict what will go mainstream. Nothing But a G Thang?? Who thought that was going to be mainstream?? That shit is straight old school gangsta. Dre Day? Real Motherfuken G's? Those were very popular. How the fuck is that POP?
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Anunikke

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2010, 01:26:29 PM »
How is dre not pop?
Sure he's not lady gaga pop but he is pop no doubt.

Do you really think dre is just delaying detox for so long because he wants it to sound good?
Fuck no he needs to be sure it sells.

And how often do you hear of dre working with an underground artists not signed to him?
You know damn well you'd be more surprised to hear he was working with Ill Bill than you would if he was working with Lady Gaga.
um, doesnt he have like tens of artists we cant even name on his tracks?
Artists who weren't his protege at one point?

Paul

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, and it will probably knock, fuck what you think.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Will_B

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, and it will probably knock, fuck what you think.

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
How is dre not pop?
Sure he's not lady gaga pop but he is pop no doubt.

Do you really think dre is just delaying detox for so long because he wants it to sound good?
Fuck no he needs to be sure it sells.

And how often do you hear of dre working with an underground artists not signed to him?
You know damn well you'd be more surprised to hear he was working with Ill Bill than you would if he was working with Lady Gaga.
um, doesnt he have like tens of artists we cant even name on his tracks?
Artists who weren't his protege at one point?

And of course they all get dropped once it becomes obvious they aren't going to be big.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »

That does not mean he is POP!! You cant fucken predict what will go mainstream. Nothing But a G Thang?? Who thought that was going to be mainstream?? That shit is straight old school gangsta. Dre Day? Real Motherfuken G's? Those were very popular. How the fuck is that POP?

Its POP because it was what the mainstream hip hop audience wanted to hear for most of the 90s. Dre popularized that type of music, but that doesn't make him any less pop.

Will_B

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »
Right so any genre music that's accepted by 'the masses' becomes pop instead of say Jazz, Electro, Rock etc. ::)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
Right so any genre music that's accepted by 'the masses' becomes pop instead of say Jazz, Electro, Rock etc. ::)

what do you think pop means?

Will_B

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Pop is Kylie Minogue.

Stan

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »

Your starting to dig yourself in deeper.  Bitches Ain't Shit, Natural Born Killaz, Remember me, etc. are not "easy-listening" tracks.  Michael Bolton playing sax is easy-listening but also, to some, jazz.  Michael Buble is easy-listening but also, to some, lounge music and pop (as a genre). 

If your talking about Dre being "easy-listening" ONLY in the hip-hop context your still getting mixed up.  I don't know anyone other than yourself who has an "easy-listening" sub-category in the Hip-Hop genre. 
Your opening a can of worms, or whatever you call it re: underground.  Underground stay underground cuz they suck OR because they try to stay underground meaning anti-promo, anti-conform, etc.  A lot of good underground artists will get picked up and promoted eventually, and in your defin will become pop.   ???

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »
The fuck are you dickheads on? Pop and Dr. Dre? you're kidding me right

Pop music (a term that originally derives from an abbreviation of "popular") is usually understood to be commercially recorded music, often oriented towards a youth market, usually consisting of relatively short, simple songs utilizing technological innovations to produce new variations on existing themes. Pop music has absorbed influences from most other forms of popular music, but as a genre is particularly associated with the rock and roll and later rock style

Dre's shit is nothing like the above, dre makes HIPHOP/RAP music. not fucking lady gaga shit.

Dre might feature POP ARTISTS on his songs, that doesn't make him a popstar.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.