Author Topic: Corporations turned Christmas into a secular, cultural celebration..  (Read 491 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It makes me cringe when ignorant people talk about how christmas is a cultural festival/celebration..without knowing how it came so..

Christmas was not a secular cultural celebration 100 years. The concept that it is has been proliferated by corporations who exploit people into spending money on 'their loved ones' in the secular 'holiday' season. The very idea that Christmas should be a celebration for everyone most probably came about in a Executive Board Meeting.

Practise and belief of the Christian Religion has been declining quite rapildy in the last 100 years, that's a hell of a lot of customers organisations would/will have lost who will/would spend money on Christmas becos of their Religious affiliation. The solution ? turn in into a cultural/secular celebration so everyone spends money on it.

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Corporations turned Christmas into a secular, cultural celebration..
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:35:15 AM »
Christmas was never really a Christian celebration. They borrowed it from the Roman/pagan idea of a mid winter feast.

Plus Jesus was born in September.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:10:49 AM »
It's only a holiday for the economy yes.

Christmas is only good for a few days of peace (=a few days no work/school), but nowadays it's as annoying and stressfull as the rest of the year.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »
If I see one more Christmas ad, I'm going to hang myself.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
It makes me cringe when ignorant people talk about how christmas is a cultural festival/celebration..without knowing how it came so..

Christmas was not a secular cultural celebration 100 years. The concept that it is has been proliferated by corporations who exploit people into spending money on 'their loved ones' in the secular 'holiday' season. The very idea that Christmas should be a celebration for everyone most probably came about in a Executive Board Meeting.

Practise and belief of the Christian Religion has been declining quite rapildy in the last 100 years, that's a hell of a lot of customers organisations would/will have lost who will/would spend money on Christmas becos of their Religious affiliation. The solution ? turn in into a cultural/secular celebration so everyone spends money on it.

Agreed.  Under the guise of "cultural and religious tolerance".
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Anunikke

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:57:17 PM »
Christmas was never really a Christian celebration. They borrowed it from the Roman/pagan idea of a mid winter feast.

Christianity was never really a Christian thing. They borrowed pretty much everything from older stories & religions.

For example the story of genesis was originally a Sumerian story main difference being, The God they credited for creating the universe was the evil temptress in the Christian story

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 03:04:29 AM »

Christianity was never really a Christian thing. They borrowed pretty much everything from older stories & religions.

For example the story of genesis was originally a Sumerian story main difference being, The God they credited for creating the universe was the evil temptress in the Christian story

Seems like some major religions are a collection of fairy tales told by bored camel jockeys to keep their wives in check.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »
Christianity was branched off the Jewish faith. The difference is Christians believe Jesus Christ (Yashua bin Yoseph) is the savior for everyone's sins. Christmas was actually never really the big celebration to the original Christians, Easter was. Christmas was actually the celebration of Saturn to the Romans, when Roman became Christian, the feast of Saturn and the winter celebration became Christmas. Then the Christmas tree came from Wicca celebrations in England. We think of Christmas as snow and evergreen trees. I challenge anyone to find snow and an evergreen tree in Bethlehem. Also, it is believed that Jesus was born actually in the spring.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
For me Christmas is the one time I get to hang out with my entire family at once (and yes, spend money on each other). So I guess, thank you corporations?

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:18:05 AM »

as annunkie said Christianity itself plagiarised from other religions/beliefs
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:19:49 AM by Momo »

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:20:58 AM »
For me Christmas is the one time I get to hang out with my entire family at once (and yes, spend money on each other). So I guess, thank you corporations?

lol

why do you need a TV box or a company to tell you when you can spend time wiht your 'loved ones'

Anunikke

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 06:12:40 AM »

lol

why do you need a TV box or a company to tell you when you can spend time wiht your 'loved ones'
Because corporations don't need you to work on Christmas and therefore every body is available to hang which isn't that achievable during the rest of the year.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 08:33:02 AM »

lol

Because corporations don't need you to work on Christmas and therefore every body is available to hang which isn't that achievable during the rest of the year.

Exactly. Lol @ people complaining about being given time off work to spend with their family.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 08:37:35 AM »
i love christmas music.