Author Topic: Joe Buddens - Ordinary Love Pt. 1  (Read 518 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Joe Buddens - Ordinary Love Pt. 1
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
But MF Doom is easily a step below them in terms of getting attention.

mf doom has sold a lot more records, done an album for adult swim, an album with madlib. dude is real popular

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 12:01:39 PM »
But MF Doom is easily a step below them in terms of getting attention.

mf doom has sold a lot more records, done an album for adult swim, an album with madlib. dude is real popular

What does that mean? Go through every forum on the internet. There will be 15X as many Joe Budden related threads.

Show me five MF Doom threads on this board lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »
^It's crossed my mind until I hear the music; then I realize it's beyond music.

Remember how everybody was kind of feeling Lil' Wayne until he was self-proclaimed himself as the "greatest".

Game was HIGHLY popular, ran his mouth way to many times, everybody just shitted on his music.

Same thing, people just will obviously never admit it because it looks bad for you opinion if you openly say, "Well I just hate him as a person & the following he gets".

BTW, I purposely used the term "attention", not "fan base" because Joe Budden gets way more attention than Tech N9ne & "considerably more" than MF Doom, it's just majority negative attention. You can say whatever you want, but Tech N9ne is rarely talked about except when he drops an album or somebody makes one of those "Whose a great rapper?" thread; could it be because he isn't behind a webcam? I wonder.

Yet I still put Tech in that same league & Immortal because they are well known enough by the average listener of Hip Hop, even if they aren't familiar with all their work.

I think you are biased by dubcc being the only forum you frequent, which happens to have a lot of Budden fans, not as many Tech N9ne fans and barely any Immortal Technique fans. Tbh I'd actually never even heard of Buddens til I came here because they weren't discussed at any of the previous forums I had been at. There not being any MF Doom threads here means next to nothing considering that Daz gets more love than Lupe Fiasco.

Also I'd like to point out that than Joe Buddens having internet fans makes it easier for his album to get props. Think about it. Any album he puts out is going to get attention, deserving of it or not. An album from Roc Marciano is getting attention purely based on that people think its a great album.

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »
LMAO @ cham stanning hard in this thread

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 11:18:16 PM »
LMAO @ myself showing up in another Joe Budden thread.

Anunikke

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 10:01:29 AM »
Tech N9ne has one of the most diverse fanbases in hip-hop, from Young MOney fans to Hip-Hop Heads to Emo's.
He sells 30k first week no matter what.

MF Doom has a cult follwing, that's the only similarity with Joe Budden. Madvillainy is considered a classic.

Immortal technique is generally accepted as the greatest MC from harlem next to Big L (And Cam to some).

One of the reasons Joe Budden gets more attention is because there are 2 opposing sides which isn't the case with the following artists and even if there is somebody who doesn't agree with the census they often do applaud their skill.

Like Rap said, you're limited to your experience on dubcc, not much underground shit is being discussed here.
Why I don't know, I always thought the people who listen to the underground aren't the ones making the threads.

And Cham, when are you going to defend Joe Biting Hov's rhyme patterns.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »
^First of all, please show me some examples of this "biting".

Secondly, Joe Budden is rapping circles around Jay-Z forever.

Thirdly, that's bullshit considering that I'd say 95% of rappers get their styles from someone.

Eminem is considered one of the greatest rappers of all time, got his style & his flow from two different people, nobody says shit about him.

Anunikke

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
^First of all, please show me some examples of this "biting".

Secondly, Joe Budden is rapping circles around Jay-Z forever.

Thirdly, that's bullshit considering that I'd say 95% of rappers get their styles from someone.

Eminem is considered one of the greatest rappers of all time, got his style & his flow from two different people, nobody says shit about him.
Haven't listened to budden in a while so can't make up examples on the spot.

I'm one of Hov's biggest critics and even I have to say:

There is a differences between being influenced and biting.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
^Well, you're the one saying it. Because I certainly don't hear it.

& it's only "different" because you're talking about Joe Budden lol. You should get a "C'mon son" just for acting like that's not the reason it's "so different" lmfao.

& clearly if I can't tell that Joe is doing it, it has to be pretty subtle, not obvious & therefore not an extreme form of biting.

But at the end of the day, being influenced & doing something similarly to somebody else is biting; just different limits to how far you run with it.

Anunikke

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »
I would listen to some JOe Budden to find examples but then I remembered that time would be spend better on walking into walls trying to walk threw them.

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »

you know i only come in here to see how bad your stan ways evolve over time

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »
joe beezy >jayz

u heard it here first folks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
joe beezy >jayz

u heard it here first folks

ya know, it's a tough choice but i cosign this

Joey got the lyrics but in his prime Jigga had the better flow.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »

you know i only come in here to see how bad your stan ways evolve over time

I'm really not a stan. Maybe you're just such a hater I come off worse than I really am.

What have I said here that's stan-esque? Joe Budden gets more attention (including negative attention) & sells more records than other underground artists that people on this board listen to & yet they still jump to Joey not selling or "having no fans" or "nobody talks about him" as part of their argument as to why he's not good.

That's not even a personal opinion, that's a fact lmfao.

Anunikke

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »
^Denial.

Joe Budden has a large fan base like ICP has a large fan base.
You it's there but there but you don't really count because pretty much all listeners are hard-core fans and not casual listeners.