Author Topic: Game Gets Robbed in LA  (Read 2217 times)

V2DHeart

Re: Game Gets Robbed in LA
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 02:30:49 AM »
Why would you guys doubt hes a millionaire. Are you ignorant or something. He has 3 platinum plaques and has toured the world at least 4 times already. That one magazine had a list a couple of years ago listing the worth of all these rappers. Right around the time 50 cent sold vitamin water and that year he was worth like 150 mill and Jay Z was second with some large ass amount too and Game was towards the bottom of the list with his worth around 11 million. Nobody blows 11 million in just 2 years. You guys are fucking retarded if you think he has no money. He didnt do this world tour because he has no money....He did it so that he can make more of it. Someone tells you that want to book you and pay you money to do a concert, YOU DO IT! fucking retards. Just becuase his album is getting pushed back doesnt mean he is broke. To you fucking morons who said that, you have obviously never made any money in your life and dont understand how it works. His 3 successful albums set him up for life already. He doesnt need to put out new shit for money. He does it for hip hop. I dont understand some of the people that post on this forum. There are so many fucking haters on here its a joke. Why do you come on here just to hate. Every Game thread is full of you motherfuckers, if you dont like dude then dont read about his shit. Same goes with Kurupt threads and Daz threads.....people always hating. You fools are a joke. I wonder how many of you are just little kids whose balls havent even dropped yet. Dont speak on shit you know nothing about.

What you are "worth" has nothing to do with what you have sitting in a bank account! Game could be worth $800 million, it doesn't necessarily mean that he has that, and is less likely he has even half of that in a bank account. Those figures you quoted kid are just figures added up of assets, stocks and investments at market value (which probably can't be cashed in quickly), contracts, bookings, future possibilities to name a few. What they don't seem to show are debts, energy bills, insurances, mortgage payments and such like. 50 Cent can be worth $150 million, but may only have 600,000 in the bank.

It amazes how many people seem to believe that if Will Smith gets offered $40 million to do a movie, they think the movie team come in with brief-cases of the cash there and then in total. lol. Real life doesn't work like that, and neither does finance or business... Also - people only do concerts and touring when they need a big collection of money. Touring is really tiring on an artist, or anyone. Less sleep, different eating patterns, different climate changes, always needing energy, exposure to all kinds of minor health problems which can build up, not to mention the time away from a family. No one does that unless they need money because there are other ways to get cash through advertising products, being booked on shows, but if game isn't able to be booked for anything then that's what is needed.

Earning platinum plaques also doesn't guarantee life-long financial security for an artist at all. He can have the worst possible deal, and may have went way over budget, and the first 2 albums may be used to pay back majority of the costs game has tallied up. Once the shareholders, the label executives, producers, Dre, even 50 cent get a share, radio and TV networks are paid, staff, and banks, and other third parties get themselves the cash, then there might not be a lot left.

If people need to do rap as a profession, then they don't have bill gates money. Name me one very wealthy (set-up for life) rapper who's actively releasing albums on an almost annual basis, and I'll keep my mouth shut in this thread

Note: Jay Z isn't as rich as people think
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Elano

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 02:44:58 AM »
It amazes how many people seem to believe that if Will Smith gets offered $40 million to do a movie, they think the movie team come in with brief-cases of the cash there and then in total

Believe me, the actors get paid in one simple way: money straight into their bank accounts. There's no other solution.

People only do concerts and touring when they need a big collection of money. 

This is not true.

Jay Z isn't as rich as people think

Jay z is filthy rich.

Every year it’s the same. We pace up and down, unable to focus on anything, worrying relentlessly for poor old Jay-Z. “Is Jay-Z still offensively wealthy?” we ask ourselves. “Does Jay-Z still have so much money that he could buy you and your entire extended family, throw you all in a quarry, fill it in with a mixture of concrete and diamonds and still not notice any discernible difference in his bank account? Oh, say that he does!”

So it’s with great relief that we say, yes, according to the 2010 Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings list, Jay-Z is still rich. Wildly rich. Disgustingly rich. $63 million a year rich. We’ve never been so happy. We think we’re welling up.

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Jay-Z is so rich that he could literally buy all of your childhood memories just so that he could set fire to them in front of you while he sits in a throne made of swan feathers and unicorn tears and laughs, and there’s nothing you can do about it. In fact, according to the just-published Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings list 2010, Jay-Z is the richest rapper of them all. Yes, again. MTV reports:

For the third time in four years, Jay-Z has been crowned the “Hip-Hop Cash King” by Forbes. The Brooklyn lyricist topped the business magazine’s annual ranking of high-rolling hip-hop stars by earning $63 million over the past 12 months, thanks to business ventures like a high-grossing tour, real estate investments and the successful Broadway production “Fela!”

Jay-Z is so insultingly loaded, in fact, that his earnings are more than double that of the next-placed rapper Diddy, who only managed to scrape together a paltry $30 in the last 12 months. Third was Akon who, because he signed Lady Gaga to his label, raked in $21 million. But spare a thought for poor old 50 Cent who now languishes at a lowly number 14, having only made $8 million this year. $8 million? 50 Cent, you really are an embarrassingly pointless failure.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 03:05:04 AM »
Lol you mad bro? you faggot

you are the biggest faggot here  :loser:

Elano i know you got bashed and raped as a kid, but you gotta keep it out of here bro.

-2000 karma means everyone on this forum hates you dude, just off yourself

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 06:04:59 AM »
it's obvious that he needed the money, why else would he go down from 100k to 40k for show? and doing two shows in one day...

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Lucifuge

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 06:17:05 AM »
yea. shit happen all the time. it nothing like woow.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

bouli77

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
According to the database of the RIAA website http://riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php (you the association which gives away platinum plaques and all that), neither Doctor's Advocate or L.A.X. went even as far as gold... but anyway that doesn't mean the Game isn't rich, of course he's richer than most of the west coast. Dude made 6 millions in 2009 (Forbes). I mean apart from Dre, Cube, Snoop and maybe Will I Am, I don't see any other rapper with that kind of money on the left coast, well maybe E-40.

Still, I find it odd when people get so emotional over such petty topics, I mean at the end of the day who's really hating ?

Elano

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »
Lol you mad bro? you faggot

you are the biggest faggot here  :loser:

Elano i know you got bashed and raped as a kid, but you gotta keep it out of here bro.

-2000 karma means everyone on this forum hates you dude, just off yourself

shut up fag  :camp:

Okka

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »
it's obvious that he needed the money, why else would he go down from 100k to 40k for show? and doing two shows in one day...

Exactly.

I can't understand why some of you Game fans get so fuckin emotional everytime somebody says somethin' negative about him. It's ridiculous.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »
According to the database of the RIAA website http://riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php (you the association which gives away platinum plaques and all that), neither Doctor's Advocate or L.A.X. went even as far as gold...
that site is not perfect, B.o.B's album was certified gold and you won't find it there

teamgp

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 01:30:30 PM »
Damn thas crazy

bouli77

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 02:07:18 PM »
According to the database of the RIAA website http://riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php (you the association which gives away platinum plaques and all that), neither Doctor's Advocate or L.A.X. went even as far as gold...
that site is not perfect, B.o.B's album was certified gold and you won't find it there

That's what I though at first but since it's the official RIAA site I find it more reliable than Game's wikipedia page. By the way when did it go gold exactly ? cause the last updates date back to early december, so if it went gold between that time and now it's probably gonna be updated soon. I think that if they can certify on their website that such albums as Spice 1's first three albums or The Click's Game Related went gold, then they would have already done the same with mainstream albums like Game's. But you might be right though, it's very unlikely that such popular albums didn't go at least gold.

Muhfukka

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 05:20:57 PM »
i luv 2 c game suffer.... fuccn luv it maybe richard ramirez will eat his kids on sum detox shit IMO haha damn

love33

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 12:33:20 AM »
Im a huge Game fan but it wouldnt surprise me if he is going broke or he does actually go broke.  He spends money like it grows on trees and he is still living like "Documentary" just dropped in an industry where rap has taken a back seat.  Dont forget 40% of the NBA players are broke 4 years after they are out of the league.  Same thing could happen to Game or anyone for that matter who doesnt take care of their bankroll.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 04:07:06 AM »

That's what I though at first but since it's the official RIAA site I find it more reliable than Game's wikipedia page. By the way when did it go gold exactly ? cause the last updates date back to early december, so if it went gold between that time and now it's probably gonna be updated soon. I think that if they can certify on their website that such albums as Spice 1's first three albums or The Click's Game Related went gold, then they would have already done the same with mainstream albums like Game's. But you might be right though, it's very unlikely that such popular albums didn't go at least gold.

it may reached gold or platinum, but it is up to the label to ask for the certification... and B.o.B went gold about two weeks ago

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 08:31:16 AM »
I am not a platinum plaque scholar but that site says documentary went 2x platinum.

Artist GAME, THE    
Title THE DOCUMENTARY
Certification Date 03/23/2005    
Label AFTERMATH / INTERSCOPE
Award Description 2.00x MULTI PLATINUM
Format ALBUM    
Category SOLO    
Type ST

He says he's 5x platinum.  What is the truth?

BTW, MEATLOAF WENT DIAMOND! :o 8) :o
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:37:29 AM by darqawa »