Author Topic: This is what the mods have planned for this forum  (Read 2101 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: This is what the mods have planned for this forum
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »
I have a few suggestions:

- Ban people who spam threads. Specifically I'm talking about Elano. 
 - Explain to the mods that being a mod doesn't entitle them to feel superior and get revenge for being picked on all their life.  Specifically I'm talking about Jome.
 - Remember that this forum is based off of user generated content.  Whether anyone wants to admit it, the West Coast, and Hip Hop in general is in a pathetic state.  One of the few things keeping these boards popping is the members who contribute outside of the music sections.  Running off all of the quality posters will bury this place very quick.  It's on life support as it is.

Rud, you've always been a reasonable / rational dude.  I think you've done a good job with this place.  Some of the mods should follow your example.

Peace

This.

Pervert Pastor

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »

speak for yourself weirdo. i'm not stuck in the 90's like most of the bork bork eurofags

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KING PETEY, DEFINITELY NOT WINNING

Sikotic™

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
+1 rud

and LOL @ BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!'s sig:
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2011, 05:20:40 AM »
I have a few suggestions:

- Explain to the mods that being a mod doesn't entitle them to feel superior and get revenge for being picked on all their life.  Specifically I'm talking about Jome.
 - Remember that this forum is based off of user generated content.  Whether anyone wants to admit it, the West Coast, and Hip Hop in general is in a pathetic state.  One of the few things keeping these boards popping is the members who contribute outside of the music sections.  Running off all of the quality posters will bury this place very quick.  It's on life support as it is.

Rud, you've always been a reasonable / rational dude.  I think you've done a good job with this place.  Some of the mods should follow your example.

Peace

Thanks for the feedback Jrome, its appreciated. I appreciate what you are saying and welcome feedback and ideas from all people to assist in the re-building of dubcc

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Elano

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2011, 05:29:29 AM »

i'm not the one who spam threads here, ASSHOLE

Anunikke

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »

Yes you are, how are you even denying this?

i'm not the one who spam threads here, ASSHOLE

Elano

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
learn how to use the quote function,faggot

Will_B

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »
My 2 pennies.

I come here first and formost to read and contribute news/leaks/sharing knowledge about West Coast Music. That's my idea of community and I've always appreciated the dubcnn/dubcc combo - the forum is a great counterpart to the news site. I like to post some friendly shit/PM's with the cool guys on here but I'm talking bout people who share my interest with the music not ones that post offensive shit/troll constantly.

In regards to what to do about all the crap on here (and I see it as part of the general hater culture that's manifested online and not exclusive to this forum) is for the mods to be active in banning/suspending peoples accounts for the shit they post (and in sigs etc). In my opinion deleting posts/threads and shit just wont work in the long term. Dubcc has a set of forum rules, and if people aren't being kicked off for direct personal attacks (something we all see daily) and offensive shit then there's no hope for running the forum as dubcnn (as a brand) sees it should be.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »
My 2 pennies.

I come here first and formost to read and contribute news/leaks/sharing knowledge about West Coast Music. That's my idea of community and I've always appreciated the dubcnn/dubcc combo - the forum is a great counterpart to the news site. I like to post some friendly shit/PM's with the cool guys on here but I'm talking bout people who share my interest with the music not ones that post offensive shit/troll constantly.

In regards to what to do about all the crap on here (and I see it as part of the general hater culture that's manifested online and not exclusive to this forum) is for the mods to be active in banning/suspending peoples accounts for the shit they post (and in sigs etc). In my opinion deleting posts/threads and shit just wont work in the long term. Dubcc has a set of forum rules, and if people aren't being kicked off for direct personal attacks (something we all see daily) and offensive shit then there's no hope for running the forum as dubcnn (as a brand) sees it should be.

The forum isn't a brand, it's a branch off. The main site is the brand. A forum is meant for unfiltered discussion and it was that till the moderators started getting all uppity about their jobs. If I was to approach a rapper and say I'm a moderator on DubCC, they'd laugh at me and say who and if I changed a few letters - they'd be like when can we do the interview? This forum is inconsequential to the main site, otherwise everything on the main site would be about the Dogg Pound or Dr. Dre's biceps.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
In regards to the random trolls, you Euros act as if it's something new. Every forum has one and the only one you guys don't complain about is SoopaflyDPGC because he reflects the mentality of most of the members who frequent the West Coast Section, just with a different artist.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
In regards to the random trolls, you Euros act as if it's something new. Every forum has one and the only one you guys don't complain about is SoopaflyDPGC because he reflects the mentality of most of the members who frequent the West Coast Section, just with a different artist.
off course it's nothing new, hence good modding is needed.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »
off course it's nothing new, hence good modding is needed.

Yeah, it is needed, but I don't think that will come anytime soon - since it seems a good majority power trip.

Will_B

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »
Forums can be for off topic discussion and still have a code for posting etiquette.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »
Forums can be for off topic discussion and still have a code for posting etiquette.

Yeah, but for certain sections - that code should be waived (I.E. - The G Spot). However, when it crosses into other sections such as Outbound or the West Coast Section, it needs to be dealt with. Also, certain forum members who every forum member generally hates and do spam....(ONALE) need to be banned, permanently.

Will_B

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »

Yeah, but for certain sections - that code should be waived (I.E. - The G Spot). However, when it crosses into other sections such as Outbound or the West Coast Section, it needs to be dealt with. Also, certain forum members who every forum member generally hates and do spam....(ONALE) need to be banned, permanently.

I know what you're saying, but I disagree that there should be any one section on the forum that no one can be baned/suspended from.