Author Topic: Eminem - Syllables (feat. Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Jay-Z) (prod. by Dr. Dre)  (Read 3294 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Eminem - Syllables (feat. Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Jay-Z) (prod. by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 05:21:53 AM »
I like it.  Hands up?

Everyone cam correct.  It's dope.
??? when bishop does this, you call him a hater, but you like this song

There's a difference when around 30 to 45% if not more of Bishop's content is constantly hating on modern hip-hop and when one song from a group of artist is.  I'm a fan of Bishop Lamont and am glad to see him move away from talking about hip-hop as much.
he's not hating & the message is the same.
that's why i think it's weird that you like this

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
where can I hear this?

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »
I like it.  Hands up?

There's a difference when around 30 to 45% if not more of Bishop's content is constantly hating on modern hip-hop and when one song from a group of artist is.  I'm a fan of Bishop Lamont and am glad to see him move away from talking about hip-hop as much.

When you're constantly preaching against hip-hop even when it's improving it starts to look like hate. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
I like it.  Hands up?

Everyone cam correct.  It's dope.

There's a difference when around 30 to 45% if not more of Bishop's content is constantly hating on modern hip-hop and when one song from a group of artist is.  I'm a fan of Bishop Lamont and am glad to see him move away from talking about hip-hop as much.

When you're constantly preaching against hip-hop even when it's improving it starts to look like hate.  

i wouldn't or haven't (rather) looked at it as "preaching against" "hip-hop" whatever in fuck that statement/notion is supposed to mean?? saying that is to arbitrary & general for there to be any conclusions that can or will-ever be drawn from it, w/o examining even further the purpose, intention or reality of what's being said by Bishop. you see to me it's more of a conscious expression it seems, of the current "mainstream" state of hip-hop & therefore it's over-all diminished, ineffective & lackluster state, in contrast to it's origins, through Bishops point-of-view. Bishop Lamont is all about Hip-Hop, he is hop-hop i.e. The Reformation, he like many others are trying to bring it back, restore it in a sense to it's origins to take it to the next level that it SHOULD be at. Bishop's raps to me are like the modern equivalent of what it really was like when hip-hop had a REAL & POWERFUL influence on the people that changed things, positively, that would have a lasting, meaningful impact that inspired people to grow & create. now it's all about doing drugs w/ Soulja Boy, kickin it wit stanky-assed chicken-heads, wearing wack clothes & tight pants, pining about riches, cars & bitches... i mean come on, Bishop is too real for bastards like Interscope to push, same w/ Hittman, say what you will but... the slightest form of 'conscious-rap' or ANYTHING w/ remotely above-average intelligence in rap/hip-hop, the less likely it'll be that ANY corporate/mainstream giant is gonna wanna put MONEY behind you, to fucc wit you, to put you on... :-X

fuck a Industry mentality, dogg! ;D

troof, somebody had to say it, already! :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:13:15 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »
Bishop's criticism of hip-hop works best on a song like Grow Up (which has a message) or Translator (which in itself isn't about anything but a plea to listen to the lyrics but there's nothing of substance in this particular track except a plea)  but beyond that it's mostly him being a hater which for the most part I still enjoy but find tiresome when he continues with the same complaints. 

Besides I think it's all a stupid ploy.  Bishop appears to be a hypocrite with tracks like Everyday In The Streets or Feel On It.  How are these any different then the hip-hop he likes to criticize?

I don't find it annoying from another artist(s) due to the fact they're not constantly reflecting on hip-hop.
- Banks

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:18 AM »
I like it.  Hands up?

Everyone cam correct.  It's dope.

There's a difference when around 30 to 45% if not more of Bishop's content is constantly hating on modern hip-hop and when one song from a group of artist is.  I'm a fan of Bishop Lamont and am glad to see him move away from talking about hip-hop as much.

i wouldn't or haven't (rather) looked at it as "preaching against" "hip-hop" whatever in fuck that statement/notion is supposed to mean?? saying that is to arbitrary & general for there to be any conclusions that can or will-ever be drawn from it, w/o examining even further the purpose, intention or reality of what's being said by Bishop. you see to me it's more of a conscious expression it seems, of the current "mainstream" state of hip-hop & therefore it's over-all diminished, ineffective & lackluster state, in contrast to it's origins, through Bishops point-of-view. Bishop Lamont is all about Hip-Hop, he is hop-hop i.e. The Reformation, he like many others are trying to bring it back, restore it in a sense to it's origins to take it to the next level that it SHOULD be at. Bishop's raps to me are like the modern equivalent of what it really was like when hip-hop had a REAL & POWERFUL influence on the people that changed things, positively, that would have a lasting, meaningful impact that inspired people to grow & create. now it's all about doing drugs w/ Soulja Boy, kickin it wit stanky-assed chicken-heads, wearing wack clothes & tight pants, pining about riches, cars & bitches... i mean come on, Bishop is too real for bastards like Interscope to push, same w/ Hittman, say what you will but... the slightest form of 'conscious-rap' or ANYTHING w/ remotely above-average intelligence in rap/hip-hop, the less likely it'll be that ANY corporate/mainstream giant is gonna wanna put MONEY behind you, to fucc wit you, to put you on... :-X

fuck a Industry mentality, dogg! ;D

troof, somebody had to say it, already! :laugh:

origins?
ur lookin for that Kurtis Blow and Afrika Baambaatta sound?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2011, 04:48:36 AM »
I like it.  Hands up?

not really, look at all the people he shouts out & the features.
Bishop's criticism of hip-hop works best on a song like Grow Up (which has a message) or Translator (which in itself isn't about anything but a plea to listen to the lyrics but there's nothing of substance in this particular track except a plea)  but beyond that it's mostly him being a hater which for the most part I still enjoy but find tiresome when he continues with the same complaints. 

Besides I think it's all a stupid ploy.  Bishop appears to be a hypocrite with tracks like Everyday In The Streets or Feel On It.  How are these any different then the hip-hop he likes to criticize?

I don't find it annoying from another artist(s) due to the fact they're not constantly reflecting on hip-hop.
you're right, he does shoot himself in the foot, i'm just saying that i think that the concept of this eminem song isn't executed better than the bishop songs.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »
you're right, he does shoot himself in the foot, i'm just saying that i think that the concept of this eminem song isn't executed better than the bishop songs.

I don't think I ever intended to draw a comparison or even a contrast to Bishop Lamont's art.  I never brought up Bishop Lamont.  I never said it was any better or worse than songs he's created.  I simply said I liked this song and everyone came correct.
- Banks

Lucifuge

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
Bishop aint got skills like this. ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 01:38:06 AM »

I don't think I ever intended to draw a comparison or even a contrast to Bishop Lamont's art.  I never brought up Bishop Lamont.  I never said it was any better or worse than songs he's created.  I simply said I liked this song and everyone came correct.
i brought it up.