Poll

Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?

Yes
No
Undecided
I Hate Dre
I Hate Nate Dogg

Author Topic: Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?  (Read 9307 times)

The Watcher

Re: Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
a. only a retard would've thought that was nate to begin with
b. its not disrespectful

it would've been disrespectful if he had the guy on every track on detox pretending to be nate. it was a few lines on one song which like someone else said is paying homage. this isnt the same as the realest or ja rule && 2pac, those guys have made CAREERS off sounding like him. this was a few lines on ONE song, get over it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »
a. only a retard would've thought that was nate to begin with
b. its not disrespectful

it would've been disrespectful if he had the guy on every track on detox pretending to be nate. it was a few lines on one song which like someone else said is paying homage. this isnt the same as the realest or ja rule && 2pac, those guys have made CAREERS off sounding like him. this was a few lines on ONE song, get over it
it's not one song, check the underdog demo version

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2010, 01:10:41 AM »
not disrespectful but corny and lame.

when i hear a fake ass nate dogg wanna be. im like WTF. that aint nate so who cares. just some dude tryin to be nate

NoobCake

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »
Anyone misunderstanding what my point was....
Go back & read my first post. If you're going to have ANYONE copy someone else's trademark sound (especially a collaborator), at least give him a shoutout in the song. Get it ? Hell...even D.O.C. was able to ghostwrite HIMSELF a shoutout in Nuthin' But A G Thang.
I'm not saying he should build a bronze sculpture of him or rename Detox..Nate Dogg. Just show the man a little respect.  ;)
exactly!
let's not forget that Nate Dogg is also depressed.
i hope he doesn't hear the song

Don't you think that Nate Dogg, who right now can't talk and can barely move, has more important things on his mind than not getting a shoutout on a song?

You gossip like a bitch, lol

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »
I think the term he was "paying homage" has been thrown around a little loosely in this thread.
Paying homage is similar to what Snoop did for Slick Rick with Lodi Dodi.
And what does Nate think ? I don't know but...I'm sure he just loves someone/anyone ripping off his entire steez.  ::)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »
in my opinion, yes, it was disrespectful. At least give the man a shout out..
hell yeah it was disrespectful. anyone who says different wouldn't care if they were being disrespected so they really don't know what respect is.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2010, 01:01:47 AM »
Don't you think that Nate Dogg, who right now can't talk and can barely move, has more important things on his mind than not getting a shoutout on a song?
off course, but what i meant was, i can't imagine that he would feel better after hearing sly's input

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »
Yes, def disrespectful.  But Dre is a homosexual devil worshipper so I'd expect nothing less.
The illuminati do not exist, lmfao.

Doesn't change the fact that Dre is a homesexual :firedevil: worshipper.
  :loco:

it's amazing how lemming-people cling so ignorantly to hear-say & asinine horse-shit rumors when there's never any hard-proof or facts that would be necessary to enable the right or appropriate reasonable frame-of-mind or conviction to really say something like that & mean it genuinely w/o truly knowing for yourself, surely, first-hand to actually determine or discern weather or not shit like that could possibly be true. people like you just like to bring attention to themselves because life for you isn't interesting or creative enough on your own w/o lies & confusion. in essence The Illuminati has a better chance of existing in the way that most people want to believe it does, than Dre being an actual practicing homo-sexual Satanist is. first of all he has a wife & a LOT of kids w/ her not to mention all his MANY other children born out of wed-lock, so right there your claims of homo-sexuality immediately fall apart... ::)

and the only "god" or symbol that Dre would pray or worship to would be THE Almighty $ (DOLLAR)  sign.
after all he AIN'T TRYIN' TO STICK AROUND FOR ILLUMINATI  :monkey_dance2::raisetheroof: :monkey:

Listen bro, I understand you like Dr. Dre.  You would happily give him a foot massage after a long day in the studio.  Because of your pre-existing bias, it is going to be difficult for you to discern if what I'm saying has merit, or if I'm a lemming. 

Let me ask you something:  Dre, admittedly doesn't smoke weed, yet made his entire career lead single about smoking weed, no?  So that right there tells you Dre is putting on an "act".  Dre, while a talented musician, is and has been an actor for his whole career.  The wife and kids thing is part of his act / image. 

And you'd do well to really analyze the context of those lyrics you are reciting.  Dre himself admits that money is the "root of all evil and sin" on "Been There, Done That", and here you are saying if he did pray or worship something, it would be the dollar.  Hmmmm...

A lot of the stuff Dre did around the Aftermath debut compilation era was very much symbolically promoting Illuminati / New World Order ideals.  Obviously "Been There, Done That" mentions Illuminati,  "East Coast Killa / West Coast Killa" specifically talks about a New World Order, the video is post apocolyptic, martial law is in place, there are pyramids and all seeing-eyes hidden within the graffiti on the walls, etc.  The "Puppet Master" joint he did w/ Cypress Hill is very dark, and people don't even get what that song is about...basically laughing in all of our faces at how easily we are manipulated by hidden powers.

You should research who owns the major record labels / Hollywood / Media / Banks etc. and you will see who the puppet master are.  Further, Dre has reached a level of success and longevity that is very difficult to attain.  And understand that NO ONE, reaches those levels of success unless they are sponsored by the powers that be, the same powers who have been running shit for a very long time. 

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »
Dr. dre Doesn't smoke weed?

that is something......does anyone know why dr. dre use to dress up in drag........and then also add to that that it was his album covers?

would a black man in drag help sell albums or was he just feeling that look?

He is a great musician either way.
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2011, 12:38:08 AM »
Let me ask you something:  Dre, admittedly doesn't smoke weed, yet made his entire career lead single about smoking weed, no? 
you're talking about the quote from Express yourself. later he spoke a few times about smoking weed, in interviews.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »
Let me ask you something:  Dre, admittedly doesn't smoke weed, yet made his entire career lead single about smoking weed, no? 
you're talking about the quote from Express yourself. later he spoke a few times about smoking weed, in interviews.

yeah he started smoking weed around the making of The Chronic, back in the NWA days he didn't smoke

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »

No I'm not.  I'm talking about that for the last several years Dre has admittedly said he doesn't smoke.  Hence Detox.  Even Snoop was saying how he wanted to get Dre to smoke while making it, etc.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2011, 08:29:01 AM »
Dr. dre Doesn't smoke weed?

that is something......does anyone know why dr. dre use to dress up in drag........and then also add to that that it was his album covers?

would a black man in drag help sell albums or was he just feeling that look?

He is a great musician either way.

I'm sure he was told to dress like that. 

Check out Dave Chappelle talking about how they do this.  Go to 2:15 in the vid and he breaks it down.  Then at the end it shows many black entertainers in drag...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DmPkxrX8Oo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2DmPkxrX8Oo</a>

Muhfukka

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »
nooc would give dre more than a foot massage

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
Thanks for the youtube link about dave chappelle......You are probably right that Dre was told to dress in drag....or they wouldn't put his album out.....just like how he was told to make the chronic about weed
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"