Poll

Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?

Yes
No
Undecided
I Hate Dre
I Hate Nate Dogg

Author Topic: Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?  (Read 9306 times)

B.A.

Re: Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
I think that Dre needed that Nate Dogg vocal for the track and he did what he had to do to complete the song. I don't think Dre meant any disrespect by it, if anything it was in honor of Nate, basically saying that his vocals are missed and still very much needed. Now, if Nate Dogg would have made a full recovery and came back willing to do the track and Dre still decided to use a bootleg Nate Dogg then that would have been a disrespectful bitch move for sure. But people are going to have their own take on it and have their own opinions, I can see why it came off as disrespectful though.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »
I think that Dre needed that Nate Dogg vocal for the track and he did what he had to do to complete the song. I don't think Dre meant any disrespect by it, if anything it was in honor of Nate, basically saying that his vocals are missed and still very much needed. Now, if Nate Dogg would have made a full recovery and came back willing to do the track and Dre still decided to use a bootleg Nate Dogg then that would have been a disrespectful bitch move for sure. But people are going to have their own take on it and have their own opinions, I can see why it came off as disrespectful though.

Dre might not have meant for it to be disrespectful, but, imo, that's what ended up happening, the whole thing being quite disrespectful.

I don't buy that it was in Nate's honour. If that was the intention, they'd have made damn sure to clearly mention his name in the song, or at least made some obvious mention of him in the video.

Elàno - banned

• 'G'
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »
First comes Nate Dogg then Akon, Trey Songz, T-Pain, and now Drake has the throne and before Nate it was Marvin Gaye.  One thing about rap is it's funny how people think they can't be replaced just go drive by the cemetary.

NATE STILL THE KING AND THE BEST. Period.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »

Dre might not have meant for it to be disrespectful, but, imo, that's what ended up happening, the whole thing being quite disrespectful.

I don't buy that it was in Nate's honour. If that was the intention, they'd have made damn sure to clearly mention his name in the song, or at least made some obvious mention of him in the video.
exactly.

dre called out ja rule for being fake, yet he works with an artists that imitates the style of his former partner

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
No.

Tekniec

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
disrespectful. dre wanted everyone to think it was nate on the hook to create a buzz for his album, bitch move imo

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
if he really wanted nate dogg's vocals on it, then he could have sampled him :P

J-Dub562

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
Even before Nate passed, I thought it was disrespectful (but not intentional). It was an obvious attempt to get a Nate sound-alike on the track. Like dude said, if Dre would have big up'd Nate, or somehow had a pic of Nate in the video then it would have been different. It was a classless move by Dre in my opinion.

thegooddoc

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »
I don't see why people are catching feelings over a portion of a hook that sounded similar to an artist that wasn't able to sing the hook anyways. Exactly how is that disrespectful?  If anything, it should be flattering that they tried to imitate him.

People do that all of the time.  In fact, I'm pretty sure Dre didn't feel disrespected that nearly every producer on the west coast attempted to copy his g-funk sound in the 90's.

Its amazing that everyone pretends to be Dr. Phil and guess at Dre's and Nate's relationship prior to Nate dying.  

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2011, 02:49:06 PM »
No offense to anyone in here, but you're an idiot if you don't see it as disrespect.  And some of yall making excuses "it was a tribute" make you look like a Dre groupie.  There was no tribute whatsoever.  Dre knew Nate was not available, so he purposely got someone (who the fuck was it anyway?) and tried to duplicate Nate's voice.  If you don't see that, you need to pull your head out of your ass.

And really, Snoop is just as big a bitch if not more for going along with it too.  That's supposed to be his childhood friend.  I promise if Dre and Nate would have done a lead single with Top Dogg for Detox, people would be like "wtf" and wouldn't be looking at it as a tribute lmao.

Some of yall are in serious denial trying to defend this.

J-Dub562

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
I don't see why people are catching feelings over a portion of a hook that sounded similar to an artist that wasn't able to sing the hook anyways. Exactly how is that disrespectful?  If anything, it should be flattering that they tried to imitate him.

People do that all of the time.  In fact, I'm pretty sure Dre didn't feel disrespected that nearly every producer on the west coast attempted to copy his g-funk sound in the 90's.

Its amazing that everyone pretends to be Dr. Phil and guess at Dre's and Nate's relationship prior to Nate dying.  

I don't know anything about their relationship, so I won't comment on that, but until Dre comes out and directly states what his intentions (if any) were behind the Nate sound-alike then it's all a matter of opinion. Just like you have your opinion, I have mine and none of us can say who is right or wrong in this case. To each his own.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »

just because there are more examples, doesn't make it cool. biting is lame

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »

I don't know anything about their relationship, so I won't comment on that, but until Dre comes out and directly states what his intentions (if any) were behind the Nate sound-alike then it's all a matter of opinion. Just like you have your opinion, I have mine and none of us can say who is right or wrong in this case. To each his own.

You think Dre is gonna come out and say "Hello Fans...Just a heads up here...Nate was unable to perform for this record, however, have no fear, I purposely got this guy you've never heard of do an awesome Nate impression, and I was able to do some studio tricks and you can't barely tell the difference!! Detox is comin!!"

If you honestly can't see how obvious it is that Dre purposely got a Nate imposter for his lead single for Detox, you are in denial.

J-Dub562

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »

You think Dre is gonna come out and say "Hello Fans...Just a heads up here...Nate was unable to perform for this record, however, have no fear, I purposely got this guy you've never heard of do an awesome Nate impression, and I was able to do some studio tricks and you can't barely tell the difference!! Detox is comin!!"

If you honestly can't see how obvious it is that Dre purposely got a Nate imposter for his lead single for Detox, you are in denial.

LOL, of course not, and I know he did...but Dre can always come out and spin this with some type of B.S. which he might do, but we all know whats really going on. My point was we are just spitting our opinions until (if it ever happens) Dre tries to say something on it. That's all. I think it was disrespectful and classless. But this type of shit goes on all the time in the game and Dre aint immune to it either.

thegooddoc

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
No offense to anyone in here, but you're an idiot if you don't see it as disrespect.  And some of yall making excuses "it was a tribute" make you look like a Dre groupie.  There was no tribute whatsoever.  Dre knew Nate was not available, so he purposely got someone (who the fuck was it anyway?) and tried to duplicate Nate's voice.  If you don't see that, you need to pull your head out of your ass.

And really, Snoop is just as big a bitch if not more for going along with it too.  That's supposed to be his childhood friend.  I promise if Dre and Nate would have done a lead single with Top Dogg for Detox, people would be like "wtf" and wouldn't be looking at it as a tribute lmao.

Some of yall are in serious denial trying to defend this.

Disrespectful to who?  Maybe you have some inside info that nobody else has, but I would think it would be odd to catch feelings over something like whether another artist on a Dre song sounded like someone else (that wasn't available and couldn't have done the song anyways).

Based on Dre's previous dealings with Nate Dogg, it didn't appear that the two had any reason to beef with each other.  Nate remained cool with Dre throughout the years and even appeared on albums after Dre left Death Row.  Dre produced songs for Nate's solo albums and even appeared on songs (which he doesn't do very often).

Because you claim not to be an idiot regarding the situation, please enlighten us as to the situation between Dre, Snoop and Nate at the time Kush was recorded and why Dre was trying to be disrespectful to Nate.