Poll

Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?

Yes
No
Undecided
I Hate Dre
I Hate Nate Dogg

Author Topic: Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?  (Read 9382 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Was It Disrespectful To Include A Nate Dogg Soundalike On Kush ?
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »
TOTAL BITCH MOVE...

At least throw him a shout out or a pic or something.

The West Coast Lost Alot Of Flavour When Nate Had Those Strokes....
everyone except Crooked I
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mietek23

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
I see a bunch of hypocritical opinions here.

People be shitting on dudes like Tha Realest, Top Dogg and others for sounding like 2Pac, Snoop etc. Yet, when Dre brings a "Nate Dogg sound-alike" on his new track it is ok and none of them cats seems to have a problem with it, lol

Mista Rosa

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2011, 01:55:37 PM »
No offense to anyone in here, but you're an idiot if you don't see it as disrespect.  And some of yall making excuses "it was a tribute" make you look like a Dre groupie.  There was no tribute whatsoever.  Dre knew Nate was not available, so he purposely got someone (who the fuck was it anyway?) and tried to duplicate Nate's voice.  If you don't see that, you need to pull your head out of your ass.

And really, Snoop is just as big a bitch if not more for going along with it too.  That's supposed to be his childhood friend.  I promise if Dre and Nate would have done a lead single with Top Dogg for Detox, people would be like "wtf" and wouldn't be looking at it as a tribute lmao.

Some of yall are in serious denial trying to defend this.

Disrespectful to who?  Maybe you have some inside info that nobody else has, but I would think it would be odd to catch feelings over something like whether another artist on a Dre song sounded like someone else (that wasn't available and couldn't have done the song anyways).

Based on Dre's previous dealings with Nate Dogg, it didn't appear that the two had any reason to beef with each other.  Nate remained cool with Dre throughout the years and even appeared on albums after Dre left Death Row.  Dre produced songs for Nate's solo albums and even appeared on songs (which he doesn't do very often).

Because you claim not to be an idiot regarding the situation, please enlighten us as to the situation between Dre, Snoop and Nate at the time Kush was recorded and why Dre was trying to be disrespectful to Nate.

Wasn't the line "There lived a little boy who wore khakis everyday, he never would be broke he swore, always to get paid" aimed at Dre??

From "Who's Playing Games?" after Nate's tumultuous departure from DR.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:00:29 PM by Mista Rosa »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »
Kinda!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2011, 03:42:42 AM »
I see a bunch of hypocritical opinions here.

People be shitting on dudes like Tha Realest, Top Dogg and others for sounding like 2Pac, Snoop etc. Yet, when Dre brings a "Nate Dogg sound-alike" on his new track it is ok and none of them cats seems to have a problem with it, lol
true
Disrespectful to who?  Maybe you have some inside info that nobody else has, but I would think it would be odd to catch feelings over something like whether another artist on a Dre song sounded like someone else (that wasn't available and couldn't have done the song anyways).

Based on Dre's previous dealings with Nate Dogg, it didn't appear that the two had any reason to beef with each other.  Nate remained cool with Dre throughout the years and even appeared on albums after Dre left Death Row.  Dre produced songs for Nate's solo albums and even appeared on songs (which he doesn't do very often).

Because you claim not to be an idiot regarding the situation, please enlighten us as to the situation between Dre, Snoop and Nate at the time Kush was recorded and why Dre was trying to be disrespectful to Nate.
i don't think anyone is saying that Dre was trying to disrespect nate.
but intentions & the actual effect are two different things.

i just don't buy the argument that "Nate wasn't available, so i have to use a soundalike"

Shhit on SCCit

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2018, 01:41:52 AM »
Nate surely would have blessed this classic.

Proc pka KP

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »
Akon sounds nothing alike.