Author Topic: Aliens: Men of the future?  (Read 2244 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Aliens: Men of the future?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »
I do know this, living my life I know there is a God. I have seen things that can only be explained as a miracle.

"Thank god" not everyone thinks that way man. Imagine how much shit we would have NEVER figured out, if we just assumed everything too complex at the time, was a miracle.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
I am lucky enough to have God prove himself to me, and there is even some scientific evident that prove the power of prayer. Not enough to prove theirs a God, but enough to prove that maybe religion helps the brain if anything. Oh well.

This. And this. And this.

Has a skeptic scientist thrown a theory out about why 'the power of prayer' or praying to an invisible nobody in the sky has beneficial effects? If it's NOT the typical 'coincidence' or a self-manipulation excuse, I'd love to hear the theory. ;D

And as for miracles, I'm still waiting for an atheist to explain Jesus's. I still wanna hear how a man from the 1st century raised the dead in front of a crowd of people, turned water to wine at a wedding, healed the blind with hundreds standing behind him and how a dead man in a tomb, in a cave, with a boulder, walked outta that. Shoot, I just wanna know how a man tortured like hell could even lift a finger, let alone the top of a sepulcher, my God. Let me hear just one theory to them miracle(s). I only ask for one.

LOL at Asians being aliens. :D

Anunikke

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 02:52:20 AM »

Has a skeptic scientist thrown a theory out about why 'the power of prayer' or praying to an invisible nobody in the sky has beneficial effects? If it's NOT the typical 'coincidence' or a self-manipulation excuse, I'd love to hear the theory. ;D

And as for miracles, I'm still waiting for an atheist to explain Jesus's. I still wanna hear how a man from the 1st century raised the dead in front of a crowd of people, turned water to wine at a wedding, healed the blind with hundreds standing behind him and how a dead man in a tomb, in a cave, with a boulder, walked outta that. Shoot, I just wanna know how a man tortured like hell could even lift a finger, let alone the top of a sepulcher, my God. Let me hear just one theory to them miracle(s). I only ask for one.

People think it helped so they feel better, simple psychology.

As for the miracles, that was 2000 years ago. It's not sure whether they happened and if it did happen it probably wasn't impressive until about a thousand years of changing the story to make it look more impressive.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 04:02:02 AM »
I do know this, living my life I know there is a God. I have seen things that can only be explained as a miracle.

"Thank god" not everyone thinks that way man. Imagine how much shit we would have NEVER figured out, if we just assumed everything too complex at the time, was a miracle.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

As I've said, just because I believe in god does not make me one of those nuts who wants evolution thrown out of school and Harry Porter books buried. Science has the answers, but that does not make God less a factor in life.

We as humans have this need to understand everything. but the universe is so big and so vast we can' possible know everything, or understand it. We can recite the planets in our solar system, but can not fathom the extreme size of the place in which we live. If we did, we'd understand how small and puny we really are. We cannot understand even our own planet, as Earth is really 4.5 billion years old. Thing of this, we think of Earth as this  great planet to live, and right now it is. But for most of Earth's existence there was nothing. We didn't even get shell fish until 570 million years ago. So for 3.9 billion years, that's most of Earth's existence, there was no life. If we were ever visited by aliens, more than likely they saw a vast watery planet that had nothing but potential for life, the odd of them seeing life was small. There are planets out there that are hundreds of billions of years older than Earth. We cannot not even to begin to understand how old everything is. To dismiss it as God is to be dumb, but to think this proves there is no God just because we can't understand it all is to also be dumb, because we can't even understand what we know exist.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »

As for the miracles, that was 2000 years ago. It's not sure whether they happened and if it did happen it probably wasn't impressive until about a thousand years of changing the story to make it look more impressive.

It's funny how ya'll put 100% trust into a scientist like we do a scholar.

..Than we get ridiculed for it, lol. Anyways..

Do you realize how many scholars in Biblical studies there are? And how many of them go over thousands upon thousands of manuscripts? And how they figure authenticity or fraud? Etc. Scholars of all kinds. All kinds.

LOL at it wasn't impressive. Do you know how these disciples of Jesus died?? Somethang hada be quite impressive for these men do be willing to die the violent deaths they did. Beaten, stoned, crucified, beheaded. Alllll before the 1000 year period you mention. So that blows that theory outta the water my dude. LOL, son, they happened, they just can't be explained. Why the hell you think Jesus WAS crucified, my nigga, come on!!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

As I've said, just because I believe in god does not make me one of those nuts who wants evolution thrown out of school and Harry Porter books buried. Science has the answers, but that does not make God less a factor in life.

We as humans have this need to understand everything. but the universe is so big and so vast we can' possible know everything, or understand it. We can recite the planets in our solar system, but can not fathom the extreme size of the place in which we live. If we did, we'd understand how small and puny we really are. We cannot understand even our own planet, as Earth is really 4.5 billion years old. Thing of this, we think of Earth as this  great planet to live, and right now it is. But for most of Earth's existence there was nothing. We didn't even get shell fish until 570 million years ago. So for 3.9 billion years, that's most of Earth's existence, there was no life. If we were ever visited by aliens, more than likely they saw a vast watery planet that had nothing but potential for life, the odd of them seeing life was small. There are planets out there that are hundreds of billions of years older than Earth. We cannot not even to begin to understand how old everything is. To dismiss it as God is to be dumb, but to think this proves there is no God just because we can't understand it all is to also be dumb, because we can't even understand what we know exist.

Man, your argument here must not be directed at me...cus it doesnt really touch on what I said lol. I didnt say there IS no God. Never have. I responded to you saying that you have "seen things that could ONLY be described as a miracle". What I said was, that if everyone thought that way...we would simply take everything that is innexplainable, and call it a miracle. If I took a flashlight far enough back in time, guaranteed SOMEONE would see it as a miracle. I would be the "Giver of Light"!. I did not say that there IS no god, I also dont believe that there IS a god. I am willing to say I dont know. But the burden of proof isnt on me. I am not trying to convince anyone of one way or the other. Simply that we dont know. And we dont. Thats why it is called "faith".
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2011, 09:50:19 PM »

Man, your argument here must not be directed at me...cus it doesnt really touch on what I said lol. I didnt say there IS no God. Never have. I responded to you saying that you have "seen things that could ONLY be described as a miracle". What I said was, that if everyone thought that way...we would simply take everything that is innexplainable, and call it a miracle. If I took a flashlight far enough back in time, guaranteed SOMEONE would see it as a miracle. I would be the "Giver of Light"!. I did not say that there IS no god, I also dont believe that there IS a god. I am willing to say I dont know. But the burden of proof isnt on me. I am not trying to convince anyone of one way or the other. Simply that we dont know. And we dont. Thats why it is called "faith".

more of a general argument aimed at most everyone, not directly at you... lol. You know, kill all birds in one stone.

Anunikke

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 01:22:17 AM »

Do you realize how many scholars in Biblical studies there are? And how many of them go over thousands upon thousands of manuscripts? And how they figure authenticity or fraud? Etc. Scholars of all kinds. All kinds.

LOL at it wasn't impressive. Do you know how these disciples of Jesus died?? Somethang hada be quite impressive for these men do be willing to die the violent deaths they did. Beaten, stoned, crucified, beheaded. Alllll before the 1000 year period you mention. So that blows that theory outta the water my dude. LOL, son, they happened, they just can't be explained. Why the hell you think Jesus WAS crucified, my nigga, come on!!
Shit is never that black and white, of course it isn't the only cause.
Magicians can do some pretty miraculous tricks, should I worship them to?

Jesus was crucified because the religion he was spreading didn't allow the presence of the roman emperor as a god.

Miracles disprove God more then they prove him, if God was so perfect why would he create a world where miracles were required.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 04:59:27 AM »

Jesus was crucified because the religion he was spreading didn't allow the presence of the roman emperor as a god.

Miracles disprove God more then they prove him, if God was so perfect why would he create a world where miracles were required.

Obviously someone who has not read the Bible. The Bible is full of God making people suffer. The Catholic church it's self is full of suffering for one reason or another. There is need for miracles because the world is imperfect, God created a world in which people have free will. In political terms, God is like a Republican, let the market dictate the economy, or let the people decide their own fate. People though pray and ask for things. God said I will listen to your prayers, ask and you shall receive. I know personally what I asked for, and it was a miracle, and I received it. No magicians with their smoke and mirrors could deliver this, I was not asking for a rabbit out of a hat. If you have not seen the wonders of God, then I cannot explain it to you, but it's out there and it's real.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »

Where are miracles required?

Jesus was NOT spreading religion homie.

And Jesus never said worship him.

Obviously someone who has not read the Bible.

Notice how Atheists only go after Christianity cuz they are somewhat 'similar with it'. If there's any religion they should have a problem with it should be Islam. But instead they go after The Bible, and make it look like it's some kind of index of Mother Goose fairytales. :grumpy: When they haven't even read it. They just hear popular stories from it. Talk about Hearsay hmmm. Lol.

There are Biblical cities and tribes of people nobody would have known about had it not been mentioned in this Book. We're getting history from EYEWITNESS accounts. No McDougal Littell bullshit in there. :D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »
MDogg, you should look into the difference between Spirituality vs. Religion.  Religions are hypocritical cults used to enslave and divide people while simultaneously tricking those people into giving them money.  Plus it's basically a network for old decrepit white men to fuck little boys.  The Vatican helps cover this up by transferring priests around that come under fire.  It is a systemic and fundamental cornerstone of that particular cult.

And what is up with Catholics eating Jesus' body and drinking his blood every sunday?  Like seriously, what the fuck is that about.  That's called cannibalism.  Shout outs to Jeffrey Dahmer.

Spirituality is still a personal connection with God / Creator / Intelligent Infiniti whatever you wanna call it.  But you don't have to give your money away, get fucked in the ass by an old man, or do ritualistic cannibalism once a week. 

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2011, 04:53:33 PM »
I bet Jesus wasn't even crucified. They most likely hung him. Of course they'd never put that in the "good" book..the ones who tried were most likely executed.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »
Almost all Christians do that shit though, Jrome. I think Catholics are the only ones that use unleavened wafer type shits and actual wine. They all sophisticated bout it. Cuz other Churches I been at uses bread or lil graham bites and grape juice. Lutheran's use actual wine too though I think.

It ain't cannibalism my nigga lol, Jesus said do that in 'memory' of him. ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:36:25 PM by QuietTruth »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »
Quote from: Book of Mark
And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:35:04 PM by QuietTruth »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »
MDogg, you should look into the difference between Spirituality vs. Religion.  Religions are hypocritical cults used to enslave and divide people while simultaneously tricking those people into giving them money.  Plus it's basically a network for old decrepit white men to fuck little boys.  The Vatican helps cover this up by transferring priests around that come under fire.  It is a systemic and fundamental cornerstone of that particular cult.

And what is up with Catholics eating Jesus' body and drinking his blood every sunday?  Like seriously, what the fuck is that about.  That's called cannibalism.  Shout outs to Jeffrey Dahmer.

Spirituality is still a personal connection with God / Creator / Intelligent Infiniti whatever you wanna call it.  But you don't have to give your money away, get fucked in the ass by an old man, or do ritualistic cannibalism once a week. 

Religion I'll admit has it's faults. It's run by man, and anything man is imperfect. Simple as that. It still does not make the existence of God or Jesus less.