Author Topic: Just heard Jigga and Snoop albums  (Read 332 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Just heard Jigga and Snoop albums
« on: December 29, 2002, 09:02:42 AM »
I have been avoiding both these albums cause I knew that they would be disappointments. However I was round a friend's house yesterday and he got both of these album for xmas. I couldn't believe how bad they both were, I didn't think they would be great, but I certainly wasn't prepared for them to be this bad.

Jay Z - Blueprint 2
I couldn't believe how bad this album was. It is full of totally bling bling beats, and Jigga's flow on most of the tracks varies from average to terrible in places. Even Kanye West's production was below par, which was a major disappointment, and even though the original Blueprint did become boring after a while, at least there were some organic sounds on there, and some soulfulness to it. This album is straight commercial garbage. Even Sean Paul was wasted on a track with a terrible beat, and his vocals were limited to ya,yo,yo.

Overall: 2/5

Snoop Dogg - Paid The Cost To Be The Boss
Well I certainly enjoyed this more than the Jay Z album, although that wouldn't exactly be saying much. This album was alright, to me it was basically just average beats, except for a few exceptions, and slightly better than average rhymes by Snoop. There were some dope tracks, but some were very average, and the track with Ludacris in it was total shit. I couldn't believe that Snoop would choose that beat, it was terrible and just drowned out the rapping completly. If he was gonna do a southern track on the album he could have at least done something along the lines of Down For My Niggaz, instead of this commercial bollocks.

Overall: 2.75/5

As I said I was actually expecting these albums to be disappointing and they certainly were, and then some. Both of these rappers are past it now, and it is gonna take something seriously good on their next albums for them to get any of their rapidly declining respect in the game back.

dpgc2002

Re:Just heard Jigga and Snoop albums
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 09:57:39 AM »
Both albums are hot IMO...

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 10:16:50 AM »
I think you underrated both albums. They may not be their respective artists' best work but they're certainly not 2/5's.

BP2 was a great album, it gets a 4/5 for me. Kanye West's production was as tight as ever - "A Dream", "'03 Bonnie & Clyde", "Poppin' Tags" & "Some People Hate" was all dope beats. But yeah, the Sean Paul track was wack. I can't say that about the rest of the album, though-mostly above average material, great lyrics throughout.

Snoop-well this wasn't as good as I had hoped, but far from wack. You shouldn't judge rap albums only by their beats. There are no really wack tracks on this album, some are painfully average though. Dope tracks like "Lollipop", "Paper'd Up", "The One And Only", "Bo$$ Playa" etc. outnumbers the less memorable ones by far. Dope album overall, another solid 4/5 from me... I respect your opinion though. This is just my thoughts... Peace

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 12:53:46 PM »
stop wit the "commerical" Bull shit already
snoop aint down wit the underground u dumb fuck
snoop likes to sell and make hits and unlike you
the majority of people i know here in new jersey
my family and cousins in new york and like almost
eryone i know online which is ALOT of people
plus people i dont know who post comments on it
in other sites all except for this one say its snoops best
since doggystyle and i got news for you
pick up a source magazine snoop dogg has 5 mics

as for jayz Times are diffrent blueprint 1 was during a time of war and depression it was a depressing album for jay he was releasing his inner emotions well now he's real positive and feelin good so he brags and boasts
and the production was hot IMO Fuck all that underground shit u dont like commerical rap dont turn on radio dont go to a music store like sam goody dont watch bet or mtv download artists on kazzaa and mp3.com
and wait for once a week to see the box play videos nobody gives a shit about unless its suhin old school

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 01:03:01 PM »
stop wit the "commerical" Bull shit already
snoop aint down wit the underground u dumb fuck
snoop likes to sell and make hits and unlike you
the majority of people i know here in new jersey
my family and cousins in new york and like almost
eryone i know online which is ALOT of people
plus people i dont know who post comments on it
in other sites all except for this one say its snoops best
since doggystyle and i got news for you
pick up a source magazine snoop dogg has 5 mics

as for jayz Times are diffrent blueprint 1 was during a time of war and depression it was a depressing album for jay he was releasing his inner emotions well now he's real positive and feelin good so he brags and boasts
and the production was hot IMO Fuck all that underground shit u dont like commerical rap dont turn on radio dont go to a music store like sam goody dont watch bet or mtv download artists on kazzaa and mp3.com
and wait for once a week to see the box play videos nobody gives a shit about unless its suhin old school

Here is one of the dumbest posts ever.

Where do I start?...Snoop's getting 5 mics, LOL, everyone in the world thinks that this is Snoop's best album since Doggystyle, LMAO, "blueprint 1 was during a time of war and depression", LMFAO...

Fuck it, how do you even comment on this foolishness?  BTW, how did you come up with this nonsense?

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2002, 12:26:33 PM »
Pick up a source and find out

and if u really want me to get in detail on my jayz theory
then let me know and ill make a post on it

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2002, 12:53:08 PM »
actually i know alot of niggaz who be feelin snoops new album, its very consistant from top to bottom, if u jus giv it a chance and see what the cd it tryna be, you'll realise snoops new cd is major dope

still havent copped bluprint 2 yet

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2002, 09:19:01 PM »
Snoop got 5 mics????

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2003, 12:45:10 AM »
Waitin For The DJ

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!! Blueprint 2 was terrible and so was PTCTBTB but everyone dickrydes!~

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

EM28

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2003, 12:48:29 AM »
Waitin For The DJ

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!! Blueprint 2 was terrible and so was PTCTBTB but everyone dickrydes!~

i couldn't say it better myself

peace

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2003, 09:51:25 AM »
Paid the cost was just a commercial jump from Snoop's part, people said it was an album where he wanted to feed Capitol and Priority Records for being down with him for so long, therefore he made more of a commercial mainstream rap thant what he've done b4.

I think and hope that when the 213 album drops, he'll be back to his own style.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2003, 11:06:56 AM »
Snoop got 5 mics????

No, this guy is just a moron.  Read the nonsense he posted above.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2003, 01:28:22 PM »
they both sucked.

snoop got 4 mics. not like the source has any validity anyway.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris