Author Topic: Godson ain't all that...  (Read 141 times)

dpgc2002

Godson ain't all that...
« on: December 29, 2002, 10:05:20 AM »
And this is coming from a Nas fan since Illmatic...God's Son ain't all that it cracked up to be, it's already out of my rotation...To me it's one of Nas worst along with Nastradamus...I can't get excited over these beats Nas is spitting over and Made You Look, Nas is spitting some subpar shit for him...The Cross is pretty dope, and a few other joints are aight but overall this is a 3-3.5 mic album at best...Well at least I have Lost Tapes to bump, now that's classic Nas...

EM28

Re:Godson ain't all that...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 10:10:19 AM »
i know what you mean.  I feel that stillmatic was a lot better than godson.  the lost tapes is really good too.

peace

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
Re:Godson ain't all that...
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 10:31:15 AM »
I was never really feelin' this either, I got it off the internet and it stayed in rotation for about 3 days, I never bump it anymore... the album has little to no replay value. The only song I really felt was "Dance". The other songs failed to make an impression on me, just average, half-assed forgettable material, IMO. I loved Stillmatic and consider that classic, but this album gets only 3-3.5 mics for me.