Author Topic: Will there ever be a rapper better and realer than 2Pac?  (Read 1538 times)

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
Will there ever be a rapper better and realer than 2Pac?
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
I am listenin to Thug N Me OG ft Jewell by Pac. and his vocals were never as perfect as say gay z snoop or 50 cent, his voise when he talked was like he was on the phone and u can hear him spitting and breathin in some of his raps. wot im sayin is Pac's vocals and raps were never cleaned he just rapped one take, and that was good enough, he was a realest rapper.

all of his songs were better than any other rappers in the game today

will there every be a rapper nearly as good as Pac?

i say no
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Will there ever be a rapper better and realer than 2Pac?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »
I say yes

but he won't also be a movie star
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »
I'll say there never be more influential rapper than 'Pac and prolly no one will ever come close to putting so many emotions on tracks that makes you feel it's some real shit so if that is your imagination of "the best rapper" and you can give less of a fuck about vocabulary and the so-called "spitting technique" which containst of flow etc. then you pretty much had answered your own question ;)

NO - you will never ever hear someone like that again cause there's only one Tupac.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Obviously not. The industry has gone from rapping your story & thoughts about the World to listening to what record label executives tell you to put out; which isn't close to what Pac rapped about.

Could there be a better rapper? I guess it would ignorant to say no. Realer? Probably not. Those days are behind us. Even if one came up, he would switch his style when he realized "being real" doesn't sell at all.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
no,
theres 550 better rappers than pac (pac wasnt really a good mc) -- but he was the "realest", sure (whatever that means...)  ???

he did create some timeless music though (but u dont have to be a skilled mc to do somethin like that, just a great artist wit  great  mic-presence/charisma)

then again, everythings subjective - but, its safe to say, that 2pac is overrated indeed.
just my two cents
----------
NO - you will never ever hear someone like that again cause there's only one Tupac.
^^ great quote

Anunikke

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
no,
theres 550 better rappers than pac (pac wasnt really a good mc) -- but he was the "realest", sure (whatever that means...)  ???

he did create some timeless music though (but u dont have to be a skilled mc to do somethin like that, just a great artist wit  great  mic-presence/charisma)

then again, everythings subjective - but, its safe to say, that 2pac is overrated indeed.
just my two cents
----------
^^ great quote
I agree 100%

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
Nope. R.I.P.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
Bruce Lee of Rap.

R.I.P.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »
t.i. is realer than pac so is common, cormega, mitchy slick, krs one, e40, etc. but in comparison lyrically tip got him by a long shot...but there's a lot of dudes on the mic better than pac. so what's the big deal ????
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
yes, and his name is Tha Realest

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 02:44:40 PM »
yes, and his name is Tha Realest
LMFAO. +1
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

NoobCake

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 04:06:34 PM »
If 2pac was the realest he would've made a song " I'm Suge's Puppet", because that's all he really was.

midwestryder

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
t.i. is realer than pac so is common, cormega, mitchy slick, krs one, e40, etc. but in comparison lyrically tip got him by a long shot...but there's a lot of dudes on the mic better than pac. so what's the big deal ????
t.i. .cormega, & common are not realersthen 2pac at all . no they are not better on mic then 2pac . 2pac is better mc then t.i,common & cormega .tip does not have shit over 2pac . 2pac is better at everything compared to T.i.  2pac is lyrically better then tip .comparison lyrically 2pac gotTip by a long shot. today rappers all sucks compared to 2pac . if rapper or mc did not start or make there names in 1997 or before then the can't even be lose to being on 2pac leval . because every rapper sucks after 1997 comapred to rappers before 1997

LukeCPT

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »
Maybe, u never know.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »
It's all about perspective.  Pac touched a lot of people with his music but the problem is a lot of these hardcore fans will never give anyone else their due like that because there's so much nostalgia wrapped up in there too. I'm not saying a lot of today's rappers are all that but 90% of the people who were Pac fans back in the day are not even trying to be open-minded about today's music. That reality debate doesn't work for me. Most of the Pac fans are in for the glossed-over image of Pac, not necessarily the reality. I'd argue you have the same problem as a lot of the naysayers. You only want one side of the issue. You call Pac "real" because the so-called reality works for you. However, if you have an artist that is conceited and egotistical, that might also be real. Like a Kanye West or 50 Cent for example. Or one of these rappers that's staright-up ignorant. Do we want real or to we want the appearance of truth in a comfortable package? That's the problem I have with the "real" thing. As it is, the Pac comparisons need to stop. There will never be another Tupac Shakur. That's not to say that hip-hop is not a diverse enough culture for someone equally great in their own way to come along. I just think the average Pac fan is looking for someone to fill that exact void and it's never going to happen.