Author Topic: People say Dre fell off after '06?  (Read 2005 times)

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: People say Dre fell off after '06?
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »
Don't forget that "Encore/Curtain's Up" track with Em & 50. That would've been a dope Detox hype track. Waaay better than "Crack The Bottle."

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »
Even though Dre didn't have any hits lately, I don't really think you can say he fell off.
First of all someone already posted that he had a successful run for 26 years, and I couldn't agree more.
Second of all, he has never released anything to ridicule himself. The Beats headphones were a success, the label is doing great and even though he released only one single, he didn't drop anything that he should be ashamed of.

These topics are exactly why Dre is so secretive about his work and will not release unless he is sure. The second he goes public people are so quick to judge him.

It really agitates me when people think they can criticize anyone. Sure, the internet is a medium where everyone can express their opinions, but when people think they can say he has made shitty beats and fell off after he has had more success than anyone in this genre then you should shut off your computer and think about why you loved music again.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »
"""...haters say Dre fell off, how NIGGA? his last album was "2001" they wanna know if he still got it, they say rap changed - they wanna know how he feel about it"

Will_B

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
"All you niggas that said that I turned pop. Or the Firm flop. Y'all are the reason Dre ain't been getting no sleep" ;D

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 02:26:27 PM »
....."so FUCK yall - ALL YALL - if yall dont like me, blow me".

:-*

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
how about that song he did for Raekwon , that shit was dope!

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »
He IS a shadow of his former self, but to be fair to the man, his former self was the best producer in hip-hop, and its tough to follow what he's done. Especially in this throw-away internet era.

When I initially heard "Kush" i thought it was rubbish but the more I've heard it the more I've enjoyed it. I think he can still knock a great album out...if it ever happens.

As for the initial post about the beats on Recovery...not one beat on that album really got me interested to be honest. Eminem is way too "pop" and commerical these days for me to take him seriously as an artist though so that may be why.
thank u ..this is by far the best way to put it...with class.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
i agree..classic tune in my book.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 02:32:29 PM »
Funny how insane people are. All of the beats on Relapse were dope. You can say what you want about Eminem over them, but they were bangin'.

Let's be honest, most people today co-sign those 808 claps on Southern music like it belongs in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame.

Give me a Dre beat over 95% of the industry.

It's HILARIOUS to me how so many of you can talk shit about Dre day in & day out, but then he drops music & you're all running to it, giving it your critique. If you have such low standards for Dre these days, what's the point of going so hard over his music? Just let him drop what he drops.

If he "fell off", don't listen to him. This isn't a rant defending Dre, this is me mindboggled over the hypocrisy of people lol.
i feel u..but not all the beats where tight....he needs mel- man back..plain and simple.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
i agree..classic tune in my book.

One of the best tracks, if not THE best, of '09 for me. The beat, the hook, RAEKWON, everything. Just a fuckin crazy record. Smooth, hard, gangsta, everything in that one. And it's one of those ones from '06 or early '07 that Dre did with him.

And to the guy above me, I'm pretty sure Mel-Man came back to work with Dre in like '05 or '06, not sure if he's still around though.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
I don't think anyone's speaking down on Dre's legacy or the dope shit he has produced over the years. But a few of you are acting like he's the best or one of the best producers today, which is coming across like blind ignorance considering he's barely produced anything, and what he has produced isn't his best work by any means.

As far as mo on the 2 Raekwon tracks in 09, they were decent but they were really the weakest beats on that album.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:26:26 PM by THE RAPTURE »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »
Over the years I understood that Dr.Dres production was about the sound quality, and not the music, like for Chronic and Doggystyle, he used  Daz & Warren G for the music, and for the 2001 he used Scott and Mel-Man... I could even say that Dr.Dre sucks as a beat maker, but his perfectionist side makes him a great album/song producer

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
I don't think anyone's speaking down on Dre's legacy or the dope shit he has produced over the years. But a few of you are acting like he's the best or one of the best producers today, which is coming across like blind ignorance considering he's barely produced anything, and what he has produced isn't his best work by any means.

As far as mo on the 2 Raekwon tracks in 09, they were decent but they were really the weakest beats on that album.
come on son...u no thats not correct.dre,ra,lyfe jennings..all came correct on this track(CATALINA).really dont know how u see.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 01:35:21 AM »
Over the years I understood that Dr.Dres production was about the sound quality, and not the music, like for Chronic and Doggystyle, he used  Daz & Warren G for the music, and for the 2001 he used Scott and Mel-Man... I could even say that Dr.Dre sucks as a beat maker, but his perfectionist side makes him a great album/song producer
True dat..just like he used (dj yella) back in the NWA days...dre always had some one else  doing beats....not saying he not a beat maker himself.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »

didnt he do most of d.o.c.'s beats alone? and those were classic