Author Topic: People say Dre fell off after '06?  (Read 2023 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: People say Dre fell off after '06?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
^^^^^
some of his best work

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 10:08:52 AM »
I don't think anyone's speaking down on Dre's legacy or the dope shit he has produced over the years. But a few of you are acting like he's the best or one of the best producers today, which is coming across like blind ignorance considering he's barely produced anything, and what he has produced isn't his best work by any means.

As far as mo on the 2 Raekwon tracks in 09, they were decent but they were really the weakest beats on that album.
2010 wasn't a consistent year for Dre, but overall i still think he's the best producer, nothing to do with ignorance, just opinion.

Over the years I understood that Dr.Dres production was about the sound quality, and not the music, like for Chronic and Doggystyle, he used  Daz & Warren G for the music, and for the 2001 he used Scott and Mel-Man... I could even say that Dr.Dre sucks as a beat maker, but his perfectionist side makes him a great album/song producer
Daz & Warren G brought ideas & samples, Dre had others for the instruments

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »
I don't think anyone's speaking down on Dre's legacy or the dope shit he has produced over the years. But a few of you are acting like he's the best or one of the best producers today, which is coming across like blind ignorance considering he's barely produced anything, and what he has produced isn't his best work by any means.

As far as mo on the 2 Raekwon tracks in 09, they were decent but they were really the weakest beats on that album.
2010 wasn't a consistent year for Dre, but overall i still think he's the best producer, nothing to do with ignorance, just opinion.

Explain how he is the best producer in 2010. He didn't produce an album, hell he didn't even produce his own single. From my count around 5 songs came out in 2010 with the Dre name attached. I hope by "overall" you mean career-wise and not what I mean by best producer today, otherwise that's just blatant stannery.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 10:28:42 PM »

come on son...u no thats not correct.dre,ra,lyfe jennings..all came correct on this track(CATALINA).really dont know how u see.

I'm not saying its a bad song. But its Dre's basic piano loop and its the least interesting song on the album. Kiss the Ring, Surgical Gloves, Sonny's Missing, Pyrex Vision, Black Mozart, New Wu, etc >>>>>>>>

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:56 PM »

come on son...u no thats not correct.dre,ra,lyfe jennings..all came correct on this track(CATALINA).really dont know how u see.

I'm not saying its a bad song. But its Dre's basic piano loop and its the least interesting song on the album. Kiss the Ring, Surgical Gloves, Sonny's Missing, Pyrex Vision, Black Mozart, New Wu, etc >>>>>>>>

I love that "Black Mozart" joint, Rza really brought the heat on that one

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2011, 01:43:02 AM »

Explain how he is the best producer in 2010. He didn't produce an album, hell he didn't even produce his own single. From my count around 5 songs came out in 2010 with the Dre name attached. I hope by "overall" you mean career-wise and not what I mean by best producer today, otherwise that's just blatant stannery.
yeah i'm looking at all his work, not just 2010. like i said, 2010 wasn't a good year for Dre (imo)

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
he fell off after 1992.........
how his last album was the chronic  ;D (chronic 2001 *echo*)

hahaha I was thinking about that line the whole time while reading this thread so far :D

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »
who cares about beats....I like albums.....
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
who cares about beats....I like albums.....
You basically just said "who cares about music". SMDH.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »
If i had the choice you could have a rap album with no rap and only beats........or no beats and only rap.......it would be easy to choose
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »
I'd choose beats over lyrics every time....unless it was Homeboy Sandman. If I wanted accapella I'd just listen to spoken word recordings. With hip hop its all about the way a rapper flows over the beat.