Author Topic: Fredwreck and Kurupt  (Read 1771 times)

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Fredwreck and Kurupt
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
This post solidifies the credibility of most the people on this board (not all) just the people who constantly bash on new westcoast music....hate on Game, hate on Dre's new tracks etc. It just shows the youth and age of most of ya'll on this board.

I guess it's ok to not know where this track is from, but for reply after reply asking for a link, saying this track is hot, asking where it's from ...are you serious??? This is off Kurupt's, if not THE best then 2nd best Album.

Do your homework, know your westcoast music, understand it will never be like the 90's and early 2000s again. Appreciate any westcoast music that comes out now, appreciate purp n yellow remix, kush, i need a doctor, I'm the King, etc because these are the little bits and pieces of westcoast music that has carried over from the the last 20 years. Kurupt will never put out music like he used to, he's in his 30s! You're not asking Kobe or Jordan to dunk like they used to when they wre younger. stop bashing especially when you dont even know artists' past greatest hits/albums.

MarshColin

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
Damn well if you look at what I posted it's full of mis-transcribed words, plus you took out the middle of a verse!

I'll admit I can't catch every word on that track it's so damn fast.

Here's the bit you quoted anyway:

"Nigga you. Want. War? Yeah right, Iron Mike "sky like stiletto"(?)
Holocaustal, hostile, Roscoe Tabasco.
Impossible lives that hospitalise,
franchise Strip niggas get broke like branches, manches(?), avalanches.
Alarms ring, cause harm is caused
like platinum and gold
I've sold or hold, explosions, hit, explode implode
popped, all bodies dropped off on Rider's road."

Pretty fucking vivid dope shit!

"Alarms ring, cause harm is caused
like platinum and gold
I've sold or hold, explosions, hit, explode implode"

Cause harm is caused?
Explosions hit explode implode?

Dude he's rhyming a word with a different tense/variation of the exact same word. On top of that it doesn't make sense. You call him a poet for this? LMAO!!! This is not "vivid dope shit." Vivid dope shit would be a story being told that you can picture in your head. If I were to try to picture these lines in my head, I would see an alarm ringing, followed by platinum and gold plaques, followed by a bomb exploding.

Where are you from? Just out of curiosity.

Nope you missed it again "(be)cause harm is caused"

Why don't you listen to the track in question?

You're officially a dumbass. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at first, but you continue to make yourself look like an idiot.

It doesn't matter if it's cause or because, those words have the same fucking meaning when used in that line. Not to mention the fact that I copy pasted it from the lyrics YOU TYPED when you corrected the other ones. So you are essentially correcting yourself when you said I "missed it." You still have yet to put up any argument as to how these lyrics are dope. They're just big words. Big words that go nowhere.

I don't need to listen to the song. I've heard it hundreds of times like every other track on Space Boogie. I can also tell you that that very song is playing in the background on the intro of Backstabbers off of Daz's RAW album. Like I previously stated, this album was dope as fuck but Kurupt's lyrics were wack as fuck. Good production/features made up for that.

bizzy_7signs

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »
No westcoast fan should NOT know this track

Classic

Will_B

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2011, 02:06:02 AM »
Cause harm is caused?

Dude he's rhyming a word with a different tense/variation of the exact same word.

...It doesn't matter if it's cause or because, those words have the same fucking meaning when used in that line.

cause/kôz/
Verb: Make (something) happen: "this disease can cause blindness".

Cause is the past tense of caused. It's not the same word as 'cause (abbreviation of besause).

It does matter because one makes sense, one doesn't.

BJV

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 04:40:12 AM »
Anyone know if there's an instrumental of this track floating around somewhere?

MarshColin

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »
Cause harm is caused?

Dude he's rhyming a word with a different tense/variation of the exact same word.

...It doesn't matter if it's cause or because, those words have the same fucking meaning when used in that line.

cause/kôz/

Cause is the past tense of caused. It's not the same word as 'cause (abbreviation of besause).

CAUSED is the past tense of CAUSE. Once again, you make yourself look stupid.

Al Bundy

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »
Dudes a Poet. Guess he's not spelling it out enough for your taste.

oh, for christ sake...

awol22222

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »
Dudes a Poet. Guess he's not spelling it out enough for your taste.

Will_B

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2011, 11:37:01 PM »
Cause harm is caused?

cause/kôz/

CAUSED is the past tense of CAUSE. Once again, you make yourself look stupid.

Lol my bad ::)

Now what part of 'Alarms ring (be)cause harm is caused' don't you understand?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:19:39 AM by OG Will_B »

MarshColin

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
Lol it's not that I don't understand that line, it's just retarded and has no substance behind it. The word choice is weak, and it doesn't really tell me anything. It's saying alarms are ringing from the harm being caused. Why is harm being caused? Who is causing it? Think of a verse as a puzzle, and all the lines are pieces to it. Together, they should make a complete puzzle. If you have a bunch of lines that don't relate to each other, it's like having a bunch of pieces from different puzzles so none of them fit together to make a picture.

Will_B

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:12 AM »
I get you man, but to me it's all there

Alarms ring, (be)cause harm is caused"

You want a war with me? Believe I'm tough like Mike Tyson.

I'll come at you RAW with my Bro Roscoe.

We're unpredictable, volatile, and highly provocable - and gonna put you in Hospital.

Gang members gonna get snapped like twigs with our onslaught.

And you'll hear alarms going off like a RIOT's in progress.

"like platinum and gold

This bits more open to interpretation, hence me saying Kurupts got a poetical style. :D
"Hit you like a ton of bricks" springs to mind, with a metaphor for his Album Sales, power of his success etc. 'smash you with rocks like bolders of Gold'. And with the force of an explosion.

"popped, all bodies dropped off on Rider's road."

Dead bodies dumped out of my Honda at the end :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:25:35 AM by OG Will_B »

LYRIDER

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »

MarshColin

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
I get you man, but to me it's all there

Alarms ring, (be)cause harm is caused"

You want a war with me? Believe I'm tough like Mike Tyson.

I'll come at you RAW with my Bro Roscoe.

We're unpredictable, volatile, and highly provocable - and gonna put you in Hospital.

Gang members gonna get snapped like twigs with our onslaught.

And you'll hear alarms going off like a RIOT's in progress.

"like platinum and gold

This bits more open to interpretation, hence me saying Kurupts got a poetical style. :D
"Hit you like a ton of bricks" springs to mind, with a metaphor for his Album Sales, power of his success etc. 'smash you with rocks like bolders of Gold'. And with the force of an explosion.

"popped, all bodies dropped off on Rider's road."

Dead bodies dumped out of my Honda at the end :D

Alright man we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Yes I see the relation between the meaning of those lines and your interpretation. I know that's what he was getting at, but it doesn't equate to a good verse with the structure and word choice he uses. And the "story" he is telling he is weak at best. It's just bragging about nothing really.

Will_B

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 10:34:50 AM »
lright man we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Yes I see the relation between the meaning of those lines and your interpretation. I know that's what he was getting at, but it doesn't equate to a good verse with the structure and word choice he uses. And the "story" he is telling he is weak at best. It's just bragging about nothing really.

I will say it's not a story telling track, it's more about gettin hyped and spittin venom over a colossal beat with Daz on the wing! Perfect for the last track on the album.

No probs dude +1

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »
What about that track Calling Out Names with Fredwreck and Kurupt! That shit was dope!

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!