Author Topic: Fredwreck and Kurupt  (Read 1770 times)

Will_B

Re: Fredwreck and Kurupt
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »
What about that track Calling Out Names with Fredwreck and Kurupt! That shit was dope!

That whole album was FIRE 8) 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Space Boogie was lyrically rushed at times on alot of tracks. Even the title track, although it has a INSANE beat and Nate on it, it sounded like Kurupt got overly excited and rushed through his verses. Same with F The World to me. You compare it lyrically or poetically to a track like Started or his verse on say Initiated where he lyrically goes in and you can quickly see the difference. Even Trylogy, which tone and lyrically compares more to F The World, SHITS all over that song.

Will_B

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 11:47:33 AM »
Space Boogie was lyrically rushed at times on alot of tracks. Even the title track, although it has a INSANE beat and Nate on it, it sounded like Kurupt got overly excited and rushed through his verses. Same with F The World to me. You compare it lyrically or poetically to a track like Started or his verse on say Initiated where he lyrically goes in and you can quickly see the difference. Even Trylogy, which tone and lyrically compares more to F The World, SHITS all over that song.

Yeah Trylogy's my jam. On another level! I'm talkin bout how ferocious Kurupt comes on that album towards the end. Energy's clear. He's bitin heads of on the mic.

Space Boogies an outstanding album. It's not the same as Streetz. It's different. But just as important in the guys catalogue. Just on another vibe to his other stuff. :laugh: 8) 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
What about that track Calling Out Names with Fredwreck and Kurupt! That shit was dope!

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 01:40:35 PM »
Space Boogie's strong points were definitely on the production side of things.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »

Yeah Trylogy's my jam. On another level! I'm talkin bout how ferocious Kurupt comes on that album towards the end. Energy's clear. He's bitin heads of on the mic.

Space Boogies an outstanding album. It's not the same as Streetz. It's different. But just as important in the guys catalogue. Just on another vibe to his other stuff. :laugh: 8) 8)

Trylogy was fire, but even on Streetz is a Mutha Kurupt wasn't as consistent lyrically as his Death Row years. Compare those albums to his unreleased tracks like Every Single Day, DPG 4 Life, etc.

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »

Hell yeah! Shit I know that you know that your girlfriend is a hoe! thats shit was banging! the only thing I didn't like is how Kururpt would repeat himself insted of ryming with another word like that song calling out names!   "Empty out! simply don't temp me I empty out!" whats the deal with that?  I like lerics in a song and when rappers repeat simple rymes you can tell when they ain't putting much effort into a song or like they get lazy cuase they big. Like Snoop on some tracks he comes off hard but on others he raps the same shit with his abc raps. Snoop D.O. double gee DPG LBC 213 how many times are you going to keep saying the same rymes its like hollering MIKE JONES in every fucken song!

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!

MarshColin

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »

Trylogy was fire, but even on Streetz is a Mutha Kurupt wasn't as consistent lyrically as his Death Row years. Compare those albums to his unreleased tracks like Every Single Day, DPG 4 Life, etc.

Agreed. When I first heard "Your Girlfriend" was when I first realized that Kurupt wasn't what he used to be on the mic. You can only use "bitch" and "dick" so many times in a song before it gets retarded.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:48 AM »

Agreed. When I first heard "Your Girlfriend" was when I first realized that Kurupt wasn't what he used to be on the mic. You can only use "bitch" and "dick" so many times in a song before it gets retarded.

I first noticed it on Kuruption! when he was doing that same thing.

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 05:03:41 PM »
Probably one of Kurupt's best tracks post Streetz Iz A Mutha

word

love the guitar