Author Topic: Saw the dopest show last night at the Key Club. THA DOGG POUND! (Video Inside)  (Read 2555 times)

Spoonie Luv

Went to see DPG last night at the key club and that show was one of the best west coast concerts ever! what a way to start the new year.

Daz and Kurupt came out on stage and set it off with "nothing but tha cavi hit" and the rolled right into "who ride wit us" They did all the songs we love and shit but we were in for a special treat.
In the middle of the show, Kurupt introduced 3 acts that he called "1st generation" First up was King T. He performed 2 songs. I Cant front i don't know tha name of the songs but they were dope.
Second up was CMW! Geeeah. MC Eiht and Chill did "growing up in the hood" and "streiht up menace". Third Was none other than Bullet Loco! Jayo Felony did "Sherm Stick" and "Whatcha gonna do"
We had a 4th special guest with The Commrads. They did "Homeboy" and some other song. Roscoe did his thing with smooth sailin and  I love cali. I forgot to mention Roscoe Umali was there too.
The Legendary Battlecat was on stage when dogg pound performed cali iz active and we can freak it. Julio G was in the building, Mr B-A-D was was there too. Ras Kass was on stage and kurupt announced they have an album coming out "The Four Horsemen". He also said he has another solo album coming out too 8). Tash from alkoholiks was there. Dj Quik was in the building and Kurupt dedicated a song to him where he performed 9 times outta 10.
That shit was amazing! And to end the show Kurupt did "Calling Out Names! Fuckin amazing.
The West Coast was defiantly Live last night. Anybody else see the show? Share your comments.

Callin Out Names

Cali Iz Active w/ Battlecat
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:25:11 PM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Saw the dopest show last night at the Key Club. THA DOGG POUND!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »
sounds like you had a fun time....good for you....did kurupt and daz fall off the stage at any time during the show....Like how the quality of there music has fallen off?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
sounds like you had a fun time....good for you....did kurupt and daz fall off the stage at any time during the show....Like how the quality of there music has fallen off?
lol naw man. I dont what u mean by they fell off. Theyve always made that gangsta shit. They may not be on the radio getting spins like in 95 but there music hasnt changed. just different equipment to make the music but thats it.

Ay Daz, If you read this, why dont yall performe some new shit from 100 wayz or That Was Then This Is Now. I would to see yall perform "Rollin In A Drop Top" live. or maybe even "RAW"

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »

Is all you do troll these posts?

Damn man sounds like a dream show!!!! :o :o :o

awol22222

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »

He doesn't troll all the time.

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
Ah ok part times ok :D

Elson

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »
lucky to see all these great artists perform on one stage.

doublee313

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »

Smackdog ain't wrong.  They are only doing old shit because they haven't put anything out classic since the 90s.  People would leave the show.

lookinforsomedubds

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
doublee313 is right no1 would wanna watch them if they werent on there dropping there old school shit.. but hopefully daz comes through for us like he said on his youtube video..  no yelling or screaming just some old classic smoooooooth shit.. hes gunna bring the west back on the map like never be4.. hoopeeefully he doesnt disappoint us..

Paul

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »
Suprised he did callin out names. Still dissing that bum dmx haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

MarshColin

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »

When I opened for Kurupt in May he did Callin Out Names then too, but his dj would cut the song out like every other line and Kurupt would have the crowd say the line. So he didn't actually say any of the disses. Hopefully that makes sense. I still found it strange that he was performed it though.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
notice every hater in the thread is not from usa, it must suck for em i guess lmao 

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 11:01:38 AM »

When I opened for Kurupt in May he did Callin Out Names then too, but his dj would cut the song out like every other line and Kurupt would have the crowd say the line. So he didn't actually say any of the disses. Hopefully that makes sense. I still found it strange that he was performed it though.

yea he did the same thing, the crowd would say the disses but my fav part was "buckshot, norega, jigga" cool "canibus, wu-tang my niggas" cool "def squad and def jam" and then kurupt "BUT FUCK JA RULE"
Tha whole crowd was singing that verse. shit was amaizing!

Paul

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »

yea he did the same thing, the crowd would say the disses but my fav part was "buckshot, norega, jigga" cool "canibus, wu-tang my niggas" cool "def squad and def jam" and then kurupt "BUT FUCK JA RULE"
Tha whole crowd was singing that verse. shit was amaizing!

haha thats cool
funkyfreshintheflesh

Okka

Damn, sounds like it was a great show. A lot of legends on stage at the same night.