Author Topic: Saw the dopest show last night at the Key Club. THA DOGG POUND! (Video Inside)  (Read 2556 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Went to see DPG last night at the key club and that show was one of the best west coast concerts ever! what a way to start the new year.

Daz and Kurupt came out on stage and set it off with "nothing but tha cavi hit" and the rolled right into "who ride wit us" They did all the songs we love and shit but we were in for a special treat.
In the middle of the show, Kurupt introduced 3 acts that he called "1st generation" First up was King T. He performed 2 songs. I Cant front i don't know tha name of the songs but they were dope.
Second up was CMW! Geeeah. MC Eiht and Chill did "growing up in the hood" and "streiht up menace". Third Was none other than Bullet Loco! Jayo Felony did "Sherm Stick" and "Whatcha gonna do"
We had a 4th special guest with The Commrads. They did "Homeboy" and some other song. Roscoe did his thing with smooth sailin and  I love cali. I forgot to mention Roscoe Umali was there too.
The Legendary Battlecat was on stage when dogg pound performed cali iz active and we can freak it. Julio G was in the building, Mr B-A-D was was there too. Ras Kass was on stage and kurupt announced they have an album coming out "The Four Horsemen". He also said he has another solo album coming out too 8). Tash from alkoholiks was there. Dj Quik was in the building and Kurupt dedicated a song to him where he performed 9 times outta 10.
That shit was amazing! And to end the show Kurupt did "Calling Out Names! Fuckin amazing.
The West Coast was defiantly Live last night. Anybody else see the show? Share your comments.

Callin Out Names

Cali Iz Active w/ Battlecat

Fortunately i was able to see kurupt perfrom on stage as well and i was actually in the front row and almost got up on stage hahaha. It was in Downtown LA, club called Levels waaay back around 03 maybe. He also performed all his hits and calling out names as well. I also shook hands with Roscoe and Eastwood and actually chopped it up a bit with them because i saw them on the floor after the performance. Very memorable since Kurupt is one of my favorites MC's EVER.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

MarshColin

Re: Saw the dopest show last night at the Key Club. THA DOGG POUND!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »
Suprised he did callin out names. Still dissing that bum dmx haha

When I opened for Kurupt in May he did Callin Out Names then too, but his dj would cut the song out like every other line and Kurupt would have the crowd say the line. So he didn't actually say any of the disses. Hopefully that makes sense. I still found it strange that he was performed it though.

yea he did the same thing, the crowd would say the disses but my fav part was "buckshot, norega, jigga" cool "canibus, wu-tang my niggas" cool "def squad and def jam" and then kurupt "BUT FUCK JA RULE"
Tha whole crowd was singing that verse. shit was amaizing!

haha thats cool

Funny thing about the time I saw it was that there was a super shitty turnout for the show. The promoter chose graduation weekend here because he thought there would be a lot of people in town for it, which is true because my city is pretty centered around our college, but they're not gonna be going to Kurupt concerts when they come to town for graduation lol. Anyway, there was only like 75 people there, and only one dude in the audience knew the lyrics and so it was him and Kurupt going back and forth for like a minute. It was pretty funny.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
that's a funny story...........75 people in the crowd and only one knows the lyrics so he sings along with kurupt while everyone is wondering what's going on.....that shit is funny

but I bet there was only 40 people there
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

MistaNova

I'm guessing DJ Quik ended his Quik's Groove concerts.

drunkenfool

• Lil Geezy
this guy here has most of the concert up on youtube in great quality
http://www.youtube.com/user/liledthree#p/u/13/b56IvGE10KU
Dj Quik was running the soundboard for the whole concert, dope.

to the guy above, Quiks grooves are still going on every month at the Key club, next one is Jan 22nd, he is going to perform the entire "Quik is the name" album, follow Quik on twitter, he drops the dates and info every month.

BossMadeLive

• 'G'
  • FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @LIVEW1RE
1West......Dope! @LIVEW1RE

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
When I saw Snoop Tha Dogg Pound definitely outshone him performance wise, seeing Kurupt do Callin Out Names would be sick

KURUPTION-81

this guy here has most of the concert up on youtube in great quality
http://www.youtube.com/user/liledthree#p/u/13/b56IvGE10KU
Dj Quik was running the soundboard for the whole concert, dope.

to the guy above, Quiks grooves are still going on every month at the Key club, next one is Jan 22nd, he is going to perform the entire "Quik is the name" album, follow Quik on twitter, he drops the dates and info every month.

Now that sounds dope !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Want to know what's up with dat WEST COAST 1st GENERATION thang?
Well check my homy Spizzle @ http://www.youtube.com/user/spizzzle1

WEST COAST 1st GENERATION SUPER GROUP MADE UP OF THA CHILL (CMW) GANGSTA (COMRADS) MC EIHT (CMW) KURUPT (DPG) KING T & JAYO FELONY AND PRODUCTION BY SIR JINXS BATTELCAT THA CHILL WITH FEATURES LIKE BG KNOCC OUT GANGSTA DRESTA MAYLAY RAS KAS CJ MACK BOKEY LOC AND MORE JUST A RUFF DRAFT MORE AND DVD COMING SOON

Got live footage too!

Know he has EXCLUSIVE studio footage, over 45 mn worth of report, coming up very soon!!!

MarshColin

that's a funny story...........75 people in the crowd and only one knows the lyrics so he sings along with kurupt while everyone is wondering what's going on.....that shit is funny

but I bet there was only 40 people there

I'm sure more than that dude knew the lyrics, but he was the only one shouting them out loud lol. I obviously knew the lyrics too but I wasn't in the crowd. For how few people were there, Kurupt rocked the place though. I hate when rappers cut their sets short or half ass their performance because they didn't get a good turnout.They still get paid the same so they should put on the same show whether it be for 10 or 10,000 people.

Will_B

Want to know what's up with dat WEST COAST 1st GENERATION thang?
Well check my homy Spizzle @ http://www.youtube.com/user/spizzzle1

WEST COAST 1st GENERATION SUPER GROUP MADE UP OF THA CHILL (CMW) GANGSTA (COMRADS) MC EIHT (CMW) KURUPT (DPG) KING T & JAYO FELONY AND PRODUCTION BY SIR JINXS BATTELCAT THA CHILL WITH FEATURES LIKE BG KNOCC OUT GANGSTA DRESTA MAYLAY RAS KAS CJ MACK BOKEY LOC AND MORE JUST A RUFF DRAFT MORE AND DVD COMING SOON

Got live footage too!

Know he has EXCLUSIVE studio footage, over 45 mn worth of report, coming up very soon!!!

WOA!!!!! Big news homie you betta had dropped a whole thread bout that!!

WEST UP!!!!

I'm on that youtube now!!!!

EDIT: Shit is mad dope!! Didn't notice if this gonna be a CD droppin but it needs to be 200% - feed that back to the 1st Gen camp!!

And Kurupt tellin the Reals at 25:00 in the video!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:24:28 AM by OG Will_B »

BANE

• 'G'
  • Deshi, Deshi, Basara, Basara! Deshi, Deshi, Basara
damn i wish i had known about this or i woulda been there too.... my boys Speach Impediments are performing at the key club on the 20th. quik on the 22nd? hmmmmm ;)

ToOoOoN!!!

sounds like you had a good time  8) i wouldn't mind seeing them live! what's the best show you went so far?